Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2018, 06:18 PM

557 posts, read 864,925 times

Advertisements

Legendary comedian Gilbert Gottfried has had quite the career. Rocketing to fame in the 1980s, he was thrust into the public consciousness almost immediately thanks to his brash personality, unique worldview, and off-kilter comic timing. Now, foul-mouthed and unapologetic after decades of flying solo in both his work and in his personal life, Gilbert has shockingly reinvented himself…as a family man.

Director Neil Berkeley’s Gilbert reveals an unexpected side to the iconic comedian. The film peeks behind the larger-than-life

persona at a more personal story about growing up in Brooklyn and becoming a husband and father late in life. Gottfried’s singular outlook on life and his ability to bring humor to even the darkest situations has, at times, gotten him into trouble. Still he soldiers on, an expert craftsman at bringing his audience to the edge (and sometimes pushing them over). Gilbert strips the comedic character away to reveal the man behind it. Berkeley allows the audience an intimate — even vulnerable — view of Gottfried out of character.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2018, 07:16 PM

3,881 posts, read 4,127,100 times
I absolutely, unequivocally, cannot stand watching that man. That voice is like nails on a blackboard.

Old 01-03-2018, 07:17 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,022,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
I absolutely, unequivocally, cannot stand watching that man. That voice is like nails on a blackboard.
Iirc, he doesn't talk like that irl

Old 01-03-2018, 07:26 PM

666 posts, read 513,003 times
GG is probably one of the most underrated comics of all time and has an amazing podcast. He and his cohost wound up catching so many showbiz legends right before they died, including Marvin Kaplan, Adam West, Joe Franklin and Jay Thomas. I really urge people to track old episodes down. Theyre all winners except for maybe a tiny handful (Ed Asner was boring for some reason and George Carlin's daughter rubbed me the wrong way).

He also has an interesting background. He started in showbiz when he was really young, like around 16. His sister was a famous street photographer and sadly died last year.

Old 01-04-2018, 03:31 PM

557 posts, read 864,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastFlatbush View Post
GG is probably one of the most underrated comics of all time and has an amazing podcast. He and his cohost wound up catching so many showbiz legends right before they died, including Marvin Kaplan, Adam West, Joe Franklin and Jay Thomas. I really urge people to track old episodes down. Theyre all winners except for maybe a tiny handful (Ed Asner was boring for some reason and George Carlin's daughter rubbed me the wrong way).

He also has an interesting background. He started in showbiz when he was really young, like around 16. His sister was a famous street photographer and sadly died last year.
AGREED!!! I have been listening to current and past episodes and have done a lot of laughing along the way. Always wowed by the things that went on in the background of the entertainment world.

Old 01-05-2018, 11:35 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
I find a couple of the posts here to be hyperbolic.

I find him generally amusing. However, I usually don't praise comedians who are "always on".

My question is -- is there something wrong with him? He's only 62, but when I have seen him lately he seems like a very old man in the way he walks and moves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities