U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2017, 04:29 PM

17,688 posts, read 18,314,309 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I had a poster of David Cassidy, too. When I was 12, I decided I was going to marry him. Then I read an article about him in Tiger Beat and realized I was already taller than he was. That was important at age 12, and so I decided to marry Bobby Sherman instead.

Sad to hear this, but it's courageous of him to come out publicly and make the statement.
I had his posters up & a fan photo I sent for on my headboard too. I remember writing into those teen mags trying to win a date with David, Donny Osmond and Michael Jackson.
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 05:20 PM

42,192 posts, read 41,282,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
George Clooney (who thinks dementia is funny)--is that you?
I don't think dementia is funny. I actually wondered if that could be the case, even though, yes, it sounds humorous. He had a past drinking problem.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I had his posters up & a fan photo I sent for on my headboard too. I remember writing into those teen mags trying to win a date with David, Donny Osmond and Michael Jackson.
I was never into Donny or Michael Jackson. I had Chad Everett, though.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:06 PM

17,688 posts, read 18,314,309 times
Quote:
I was never into Donny or Michael Jackson. I had Chad Everett, though.
Oh man when I was a teen I thought he was an old fart didn't understand why he was in teen mags sorry (scrunching down back away)

Old 02-22-2017, 08:41 PM

1,946 posts, read 1,719,734 times
I was at that show Saturday night in Agoura Hills. I was right up front, just a few feet from the stage. David's monitor didn't work and it really threw him for the first few songs. He was gesturing at the band that he couldn't hear, and even motioned for them to play a little more softly. He got used to it after a few songs and did a great show - though he still had monitor problems. He mentioned it again about and hour in, plus there was some feedback. When he fell he over by the keyboard player and he tripped backwards over the keyboard monitor which was behind him and he didn't see it. He sang a lot of songs and had no trouble with lyrics - but no one mentions that. I don't think he was drunk. If you read about dementia, it all makes sense. He's in my prayers and I hope he does well.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spikett View Post
I was at that show Saturday night in Agoura Hills. I was right up front, just a few feet from the stage. David's monitor didn't work and it really threw him for the first few songs. He was gesturing at the band that he couldn't hear, and even motioned for them to play a little more softly. He got used to it after a few songs and did a great show - though he still had monitor problems. He mentioned it again about and hour in, plus there was some feedback. When he fell he over by the keyboard player and he tripped backwards over the keyboard monitor which was behind him and he didn't see it. He sang a lot of songs and had no trouble with lyrics - but no one mentions that. I don't think he was drunk. If you read about dementia, it all makes sense. He's in my prayers and I hope he does well.
Thank you for sharing that firsthand perspective.

Old 02-23-2017, 04:52 PM

2,097 posts, read 2,143,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
I saw that yesterday. I seldom watched him as a teenager, but it's so sad. Dementia at 66 isn't common at all. He said there's a big genetic component of it in his family.
True, more people show signs of dementia over the age of 70 than in their 60s. Sadly, David will not get better. It is such cold gradual loss for him and his family, such an agonizing disease.

Old 02-24-2017, 05:49 PM

13,116 posts, read 10,507,517 times
For anyone interested, David is scheduled to be on Dr. Phil Wednesday, March 1st.

Old 03-01-2017, 12:01 PM

25,446 posts, read 6,503,853 times
Quote:
I don't think dementia is funny. I actually wondered if that could be the case, even though, yes, it sounds humorous. He had a past drinking problem.

OK.

Evidently, given his DUIs, he still has a drinking problem. I can't imagine how that wouldn't complicate the progression of his dementia.

I always felt bad for DC. He acquired his short stature from his mom, and there were accounts of how his dad threw digs his way about that, and his more frail appearance, when he was a child. I also seem to remember Shirley Jones acknowledging something along those lines, too.

Anyway, I hope people aren't mistaking manifestations of dementia for his being inebriated. That would suck.

Old 03-02-2017, 12:09 PM

2,809 posts, read 348,805 times
It's a horrible disease, no way around it. To those who have looked after someone with this memory stealing disease, you'll get it. To those that haven't, this will sound cold, but it is very true:
The ONLY good thing this disease has to offer is that those who have it, TYPICALLY don't know it...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities