U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2017, 05:39 PM

13,116 posts, read 10,507,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TUMF View Post
It's a horrible disease, no way around it. To those who have looked after someone with this memory stealing disease, you'll get it. To those that haven't, this will sound cold, but it is very true:
The ONLY good thing this disease has to offer is that those who have it, TYPICALLY don't know it...

That is so true, it is the only solace loved ones can lean on.....but then.....no matter how bad they are, you always wonder if they ever have a few moments of clarity and realize what their lives have turned into.

As far as David and his drinking, I can't blame him if he tied one on after getting the news. I have never had a drinking problem and I would be tempted to do the same after getting the bad news.

However, in his case, being an alcoholic, he knew indulging in one bender would have the serious consequence of not being able to stop and it looks like that is what has happened.

Under the best of circumstances it is hard for an alcoholic to maintain sobriety, let alone under this circumstance, so, I just cannot think less of David if he falls off the wagon once in awhile. {as long as he doesn't drive}

I feel so sorry for him and his family.....for anyone who has to deal with dementia, it devastates both the patient and their loved ones.
Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2017, 02:26 PM

2,809 posts, read 348,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
....I feel so sorry for him and his family.....for anyone who has to deal with dementia, it devastates both the patient and their loved ones.
Especially the loved ones. I'm just glad I have my wife to help me with both my mom (84) and my dad (93) who are both suffering with this disease I'd not wish on my worst enemy... It's devastating to watch the ones that raised you turn into what this disease does to them. It's heart breaking, at the minimum.
I have been angry at God for allowing this, and although I know there's a reason He allows this, and I know that someday I'll figure it out, but that doesn't stop me from being angry...

Old 03-07-2017, 01:36 PM

42,192 posts, read 41,282,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TUMF View Post
Especially the loved ones. I'm just glad I have my wife to help me with both my mom (84) and my dad (93) who are both suffering with this disease I'd not wish on my worst enemy... It's devastating to watch the ones that raised you turn into what this disease does to them. It's heart breaking, at the minimum.
I have been angry at God for allowing this, and although I know there's a reason He allows this, and I know that someday I'll figure it out, but that doesn't stop me from being angry...
I don't think anyone can blame you for feeling that anger.

I just met someone last week who also had two parents with dementia. She is an only child, too. Both her parents are gone now, but it affected her profoundly, I can tell.

Old 03-11-2017, 03:04 PM

1,716 posts, read 1,578,843 times
I heard Jack Nicholson suffers from the same thing.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:45 AM

880 posts, read 476,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I had a poster of David Cassidy, too. When I was 12, I decided I was going to marry him. Then I read an article about him in Tiger Beat and realized I was already taller than he was. That was important at age 12, and so I decided to marry Bobby Sherman instead.

Sad to hear this, but it's courageous of him to come out publicly and make the statement.
This is too funny! I remember Bobby Sherman; he had a hit, a one hit wonder if I remember correctly,
called "Julie, Do Ya Love Me". Do you remember it?

I just checked his information on Wikipedia. He had another hit song I remember as well, "Easy Come, Easy Go".

There are a slew of others, but I don't have any memory of them.

David Cassidy! "I Think I Love You"! I was in love with him when I was sixteen. I never knew how tall he was/is, though. I'm only 5'4" myself.

I just checked and found this: David Cassidy's Height
5 ft 6.5 in (169 cm)

Here is my source

He is rather short. What if I wore heels if I went to meet him?!

It's such a shame that David Cassidy is suffering from dementia.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:59 AM

880 posts, read 476,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
70s pop idol David Cassidy says he will stop touring, and concentrate on his health, after struggling in recent performances.

My ex wife will be very upset. When I met her in 1973, she was a 17 year old girl, with a huge David Cassidy poster above her bed. She was a massive fan. David had a huge fan base in Britain.

https://www.theguardian.com/culture/...ering-on-stage
It is a shame about David Cassidy's health problems. It really is.

He had a battle with alcohol in the past as well. He's too young to be afflicted with dementia. I feel badly about it.

I used to watch "The Partridge Family" all the time, mainly because David Cassidy was on the show, of course, though I remember laughing at Reuben Kincaid (Dave Madden), the hyper manager, a lot. And the little snot, Danny Partridge (Danny Bonaduce).

A friend and I would watch the re-runs every evening together after work, too!

The family bus!

PS Tell your wife that I saw David Cassidy first!

Old 03-18-2017, 07:32 PM

42,192 posts, read 41,282,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daynet View Post
This is too funny! I remember Bobby Sherman; he had a hit, a one hit wonder if I remember correctly,
called "Julie, Do Ya Love Me". Do you remember it?

I just checked his information on Wikipedia. He had another hit song I remember as well, "Easy Come, Easy Go".

There are a slew of others, but I don't have any memory of them.

David Cassidy! "I Think I Love You"! I was in love with him when I was sixteen. I never knew how tall he was/is, though. I'm only 5'4" myself.

I just checked and found this: David Cassidy's Height
5 ft 6.5 in (169 cm)

Here is my source

He is rather short. What if I wore heels if I went to meet him?!

It's such a shame that David Cassidy is suffering from dementia.
Oh Lord, I forgot those songs. Now they might play in my head!

I am 6'1" I have been this height since I was 14, so at 12 I wasn't much shorter.

Bobby Sherman became involved with law enforcement/EMT service in L.A., IIRC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities