U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-29-2017, 06:05 PM

29,674 posts, read 8,836,312 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Me too! And I never could decide between David Cassidy and Bobby Sherman.

Ahh, long ago days.

RIP David C.

OMG. Bobby Sherman. And that weird "dance" he used to do while singing! He looked like he was skating from side to side. Lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2017, 10:55 PM

2,726 posts, read 1,700,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
OMG. Bobby Sherman. And that weird "dance" he used to do while singing! He looked like he was skating from side to side. Lol.
Claim to fame:
Bobby Sherman was a popular "teen-idol" of the 1960s & 70s. Gained international stardom with the hit TV series Here come the Brides charting it's title song Seattle and following up with more chart toppers such as Little Woman, Easy come,Easy Go, Julie,Julie..., yet a failed TV series of his own and the increase of competing male "teen-idols" led to his dropping from the spotlight in the early 70s.

Where are they now?
Bobby Sherman has fathered 2 sons and has found a respectable niche as a medic/policeman in Southern California.
He has served as Captain on the LAPD, teaching CPR & First Aid and most recently as Sheriff on the San Bernadino Police Dept.

Whatever Happened To: Bobby Sherman

Nickname: Bobby Sherman
Category: Rock, Pop and Music
Submitted By: stuntpope
Posted Date: May 13, 2005
Last Updated: November 3, 2014

Born July 22, 1943 (age 74)

Last edited by the searchers; 12-29-2017 at 11:19 PM..

Old 12-29-2017, 11:55 PM

29,674 posts, read 8,836,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Claim to fame:
Bobby Sherman was a popular "teen-idol" of the 1960s & 70s. Gained international stardom with the hit TV series Here come the Brides charting it's title song Seattle and following up with more chart toppers such as Little Woman, Easy come,Easy Go, Julie,Julie..., yet a failed TV series of his own and the increase of competing male "teen-idols" led to his dropping from the spotlight in the early 70s.

Where are they now?
Bobby Sherman has fathered 2 sons and has found a respectable niche as a medic/policeman in Southern California.
He has served as Captain on the LAPD, teaching CPR & First Aid and most recently as Sheriff on the San Bernadino Police Dept.

Whatever Happened To: Bobby Sherman

Nickname: Bobby Sherman
Category: Rock, Pop and Music
Submitted By: stuntpope
Posted Date: May 13, 2005
Last Updated: November 3, 2014

Born July 22, 1943 (age 74)

Now here's something for you:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=QJOuTr0BXb4

Old 12-30-2017, 11:20 AM

2,726 posts, read 1,700,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Now here's something for you:

https://youtube.com/watch?v=QJOuTr0BXb4

Thanks

Old 03-15-2018, 10:50 AM

2,850 posts, read 738,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I don't think anyone can blame you for feeling that anger.

I just met someone last week who also had two parents with dementia. She is an only child, too. Both her parents are gone now, but it affected her profoundly, I can tell.
This has to be a sign from Him....

I haven't logged on to CD in quite some time. I saw rep points and went to view them. This post was one of them and was posted on 03-03-17. My mom passed away on 03-31-17, just 3 weeks after this post was made.

In looking back, I see where I was talking about being angry. "Angry' wasn't really a good word, 'Highly Pissed Off' was more correct, but I didn't want to pollute the post with such language. But in re-reading this now, I needed to express my true feelings.

See where I say how angry I was at God and about the verbal wars I had with Him? I'd curse Him, I'd yell and scream and cry my eyes out for allowing my wonderful loving parents to have that disease. I was a lot more than angry, a lot more.

I need to add that my wonderful dad died 18 days later on April 18th. We (my wife and I) elected not to tell him of her passing because if he was told today, and if he remembered tomorrow, it would be new to him. And the heartbreak he'd have knowing his wife of 62 years was gone wasn't a pain I wanted to inflict upon him ever.

But now that they're both gone, I have a much better understanding of what God was doing - and I'm happy that He's big enough to take the anger I had, and still love me, despite myself. He is an awesome God!

4 years prior to their death, I had to separate them. We couldn't afford a place that took care of both of them to the level they needed, and I had to put my dad in a (VERY well cared for) VA nursing home in Milledgeville, GA. My mom was in a Personal Care Facility in Kennesaw GA, 2 hours or so away.

Had I ever told them, when they both were fully aware, that I was going to have to separate them later in life, they would have both refused me having their Power of Attorney for their health care. But now that they're gone, I can finally see past my own pain, and understand that God allowed them to have that disease because their having it, was a band aid. Each of them thought they were only separated from each other for a couple of days, not a couple of years.

So, while they were still living I was angry, pissed, whatever word you want to use, God knew that their dementia was actually helping them cope with their separation.

And I, in my full right mind, wasn't able to see that until after they were gone.
He knows what He's doing - despite what we sometimes think....

Oh and the story about my mom's passing would make ANYBODY know - He's got this!
I'll share in another post...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or