U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Merry Christmas!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 08:06 PM

979 posts, read 2,695,817 times

Advertisements

I think she is definitely crazy. Does anyone else think she is on the nutty side?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 09:00 PM

16,487 posts, read 12,066,224 times
Oh yeah, did you ever watch her reality show? She is either a nut case and/or a druggie. She acted so weird on that show.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:00 PM

29,910 posts, read 5,561,657 times
I think she slurrs her speech, she sounds like she's drunk all the time.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:08 AM

Well it's been bugging me lately that she pauses after every couple words.

I.. just think.. that..... you guys... are.... just... great.... I think that..... everyone is great.... and.. well... you guys all deserve ......... a chance... and I love... you guys and....

It's just like, C'mon Paula get to the point already!!!!

It seemed like she loved the whole world in the last couple episodes of AI.

I know she means well and she is not a bad person or anything but what the heck is she on?!

She really didn't have ANYTHING important to contribute to the contestants in the last few episodes. She sounded like she was talking out of her a$$.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:18 AM

8,820 posts, read 15,371,842 times
Somewhere there was a report on her..she takes medications for something that interfere with her speaking correctly. And I also suspect that Simon spikes her drink.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:19 AM

651 posts, read 805,100 times
I've heard the reason for her odd behavior is due to prescription pain medication she takes. I don't know whether this is true or not; she could be drunk or on illegal drugs. Whatever the reason, I find it disgusting that AI continues to employ her. Perhaps there are contractual issues that make it hard for them to fire her, but I'm sure any contract would allow an out for drug/alcohol abuse. I think AI employs her for the entertainment value of her antics. Many people tune in to the show to watch the crazy in action.

However, I also think that public opinion is turning against the idea of unscrupulous people making money off of celebrities' addiction problems and mental illness. For example, Britney Spears is beginning to receive public sympathy from the media and from others. The play Spamalot even stopped using a joke about her as they deemed her situation to be too sad. Additionally, she was left off one of the worst dressed list as including her was considered bad taste given her mental condition.

I hope that public pressure forces AI to remove Paula from the show. She needs to be removed from public ridicule and put into rehab. She is obviously suffering and I find no entertainment value in witnessing her pain.

Old 03-07-2008, 01:21 AM

LOL!!! To the latter... MOST LIKELY!!!

Awww now I feel bad if it's the meds that impede her speech. Are they legit meds or is she just a pill freak? I know she has had some injuries, right?

Old 03-07-2008, 01:31 AM

651 posts, read 805,100 times
The official story is that she's on pain medication for old injuries she sustained. This could be true but this could also be a cover story for abuse of other substances or she could be abusing the legitamite pain meds she's on. I've heard that she had alcohol and drug problems in the past. She also struggled with bulimia. Whatever substance/s she's using, she's probably abusing them and should not be allowed on TV to make a fool of herself. People that abuse drugs/alcohol usually have some sort of mental illness and are self-medicating to numb the pain. The whole situation is just really sad.

Old 03-07-2008, 09:01 AM

11,278 posts, read 9,733,571 times
I've seen her appear lucid on the program. Sometimes I think she does make a fool out herself. At this point in her life she might have enough money not to care. I do wish she would make an announcement stating she takes pain meds for her health condition. I guess if she "came clean" she'd ruin the allure and we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Old 03-07-2008, 10:49 AM

2,955 posts, read 5,010,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zonababe View Post
I've seen her appear lucid on the program. Sometimes I think she does make a fool out herself. At this point in her life she might have enough money not to care. I do wish she would make an announcement stating she takes pain meds for her health condition. I guess if she "came clean" she'd ruin the allure and we wouldn't be having this discussion.
Exactly - why more could the producers want than to have the whole audience transfixed by one slurring host alone?
Most likely, she is on legal drugs (probably several) and is possibly taking more than the prescribed dose. That's how she appears to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $89,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities