Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 09:20 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,243,709 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i don't know why people are getting offended that there was suspicion of drug overdose. erin was a mess. i don't say that lightly. she was troubled. i am sad for her for the life she was leading for way too long.

henry winkler had tried to get her on the show arrested development, which he was on and scott baio was too. you can only try so hard to help someone. if they don't want to be helped, there is not a lot you can really do.
Yep. +1.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 09:50 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,232,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
Someone posted a Fox News article that it was cancer, many hours before your post, in which you said:

That tells me you weren't sure the news article posted hours earlier was reliable.
i'm sorry, i didn't click on the link and read the fox news article that was posted here. i don't always click on and read every link that is in posts here on CD. i usually do my own researching, which is what i was doing earlier this morning after i first heard the news that she died, i was looking at various news and entertainment websites. many, maybe most, of which were speculating drugs early on. i'm not saying i believed that is what happened, but i wouldn't have been surprised.

and by the way, any article online that i have seen even to this point that has stated that she died from cancer has said she "likely" died from cancer, and/or complications from cancer, even the coroner doesn't have final results yet but has stated "likely". i haven't seen any that say for sure. the headlines say she died from cancer but when you read the article, they say likely. but i do believe what her husband has said and what the coroner believes and i feel sad for him and for her and i wish her peace.

i don't know why you are angry with me. i have said that i feel bad for her and it is sad and i mentioned that i saw that her husband released a statement saying she died from squamous cell carcinoma. i am the first one in this thread that did mention what kind of cancer she had, squamous cell carcinoma. i have nothing against erin and i wish she could have gotten help sooner.

it is particularly sad that she had such a hard life. i am on her side. i wish she had more peace in her life. i have seen her over the years (not in person of course) and she did not look healthy. i hope she was happy.

i have known quite a few addicts in my life. my bio dad was an alcoholic and he smoked one cigarette after another his whole life since he was a young teen, lighting the next cigarette with the last. i never saw him without a cigarette and a beer morning until night every day. he died from cancer and emphysema. it was not pretty.

unfortunately when you are an addict and you die at a relatively young age, a lot of people will initially think that is what took you away. apparently she was clean at the time that she died. just going by what i'm reading online. i hope that it is true. i truly do.

addiction is a disease too. dying from addiction does not make you a bad person any more than dying from cancer does.

peace

Old 04-26-2017, 01:51 PM

23,688 posts, read 9,369,016 times
Rest in Peace Erin

Old 04-26-2017, 03:50 PM

12,158 posts, read 2,959,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jayden22 View Post
Nothing wrong with his tweet. She died of a drug overdose.
No she did not. Not every child star who dies younger than we expect overdoses.

Old 04-26-2017, 03:52 PM

12,158 posts, read 2,959,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
Ron Howard could have been in a position to help her, by giving her a small role in one of his pictures. Why didn't he?
I've been wondering that myself! He gave enough to his talentless and hideous brother. He could have given her bit parts in most of his films. The residuals would have helped financially.

Old 04-27-2017, 01:13 AM

26,272 posts, read 8,424,858 times
Great fame bestowed on children causes problems for many when they outgrow their cuteness. A few managed the transition to adult stardom, but many fall by the wayside. Show business history is littered with the casualties.

Most are forgotten now. Names like Bobby Driscoll found dead at 31 way back in 1968. He knew great fame as a child, even receiving an academy award in 1950. 18 years later, found dead, surrounded by beer bottles, and religious pamphlets. There were others before, and after him. Now we have Erin Moran.

To know fame as a child, and then to be ignored as an adult must be hard to deal with. Great care must be taken with the use of children in entertainment. Erin found adult life hard, and it seemed many turned their back on her. Much of this seemed her own fault. She fell into bad company, and it all seemed to overwhelm her a long time before she died. Just such a sad story, and ending for the girl.

Old 04-27-2017, 10:21 AM

8,609 posts, read 5,613,818 times
https://www.yahoo.com/news/erin-mora...031837440.html

Old 04-27-2017, 10:54 PM

5,573 posts, read 6,498,880 times
I read this. Her brother sounds like he is not all there (I am being very PC about what I wrote. I could say how he really comes off but won't). I hope Scott "lawyers up" since there is alot of nasty words and threats said for the world to read.

Old 04-27-2017, 11:33 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,785,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
I read this. Her brother sounds like he is not all there (I am being very PC about what I wrote. I could say how he really comes off but won't). I hope Scott "lawyers up" since there is alot of nasty words and threats said for the world to read.
yea, I think he was just blowing off steam. But he should use his words carefully.

Old 04-28-2017, 03:52 PM

1,190 posts, read 1,025,923 times
Her brothers a nut case. No way Erin told him that unless they were lovers or something weird was going on. Brothers and sisters don't talk sexual together like that about their intimate escapades. He's a liar

Creepy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities