U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-15-2017, 08:41 AM
 
Location: BBB and FDA and Mission:Impossible #1
111 posts, read 24,307 times
Reputation: 98

Advertisements

I don't like pets but if I owned a pet it would probably hate a Swedish actor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-19-2017, 06:33 PM
 
Location: Louisiana
213 posts, read 77,193 times
Reputation: 314
I don't know if this would be in the right forum, but...bear with me.

I detest how sex sells. Call me old fashioned, I don't care. Where are the morals of society now? We have actresses and singers dress in skimpy clothes, dance like they're dry humping air and with their partners... You see these shows with these young girls dancing, shaking their butts and their parents just cheering them on. Have more make up on them than Zsa Zsa Gabor would have on. I think that would right up the alley for a pedophile.

And the music. Sheesh. Glorifying people that engage in criminal behavior, calling women ******es and h@es.

Anyone else agree?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2017, 09:00 AM
 
Location: Bel Air, California
18,103 posts, read 17,538,130 times
Reputation: 27233
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddhanks View Post
I don't know if this would be in the right forum, but...bear with me.

I detest how sex sells. Call me old fashioned, I don't care. Where are the morals of society now? We have actresses and singers dress in skimpy clothes, dance like they're dry humping air and with their partners... You see these shows with these young girls dancing, shaking their butts and their parents just cheering them on. Have more make up on them than Zsa Zsa Gabor would have on. I think that would right up the alley for a pedophile.

And the music. Sheesh. Glorifying people that engage in criminal behavior, calling women ******es and h@es.

Anyone else agree?

what's a Zsa Zsa Gabor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-20-2017, 12:58 PM
 
990 posts, read 296,901 times
Reputation: 1489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddhanks View Post
I don't know if this would be in the right forum, but...bear with me.

I detest how sex sells. Call me old fashioned, I don't care. Where are the morals of society now? We have actresses and singers dress in skimpy clothes, dance like they're dry humping air and with their partners... You see these shows with these young girls dancing, shaking their butts and their parents just cheering them on. Have more make up on them than Zsa Zsa Gabor would have on. I think that would right up the alley for a pedophile.

And the music. Sheesh. Glorifying people that engage in criminal behavior, calling women ******es and h@es.

Anyone else agree?
Partially agree. But society has been going in this direction for decades now. When women once wore corsets and heavy gowns and were covered head to toe, with each decade, they started wearing less and less, to the point that today, celebrities regularly wear V-strings (!!) to the beach.

For women, what better way to shock people? Take off your clothes. That's why they all do it.

In pop music, sex does sell. Look at Beyonce and Rihanna. It works really well for them. If you're a pop singer who's not sexy, you'll appeal to little girls, not adults (men and women alike). That's Taylor Swift. She keeps her clothes on, but whom does she appeal to? Little girls.

The music, I don't listen to rap, so it doesn't bother me. They'll tell you it's their culture, which is true. Everyone sings/raps about what they know, and this is what they know.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2017, 03:28 PM
 
2,827 posts, read 1,340,631 times
Reputation: 1651
I don't really have much actually. For me part of me hates it moreso with other people and not the celebrity themselves. I hate how people want to get all up in their business and I realize that we're all guilty of being curious but when people get judgemental about it it kinda bothers me. Plus the paparazzi/tabloids making a business out of it.
I get that in a way many of them asked for that life but I don't think they asked for the lack of privacy. A lot of musicians get into it for example to inspire people and make money doing what they love to do. If they're on stage then yeah you should pay attention to them but they have lives too and just want to be left alone when they're not working. This doesn't apply to all of them of course. There are those attention seekers but so are the non famous people and in general they're just people too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyphd View Post
I cannot stand how they are always complaining about being famous. Oh yeah? I have an idea: Why don't you quit your career and go work at a fast food place and see if that works better. I have only ever heard two celebrities express gratitude for fans and say they are always delighted when fans want their attention: Patti LaBelle and Sean Hayes (Jack from Will & Grace). Patti said something to the effect of if you don't want to talk to fans, keep your a** in the house then. That lady is a class act.
I agree that some need to be more grateful for their fans but I'm sure it's not an easy life either. I'd only prefer it over mine because I've been through too much crap but at the same time I'd probably hate it because the idea of being constantly watched does not appeal to me (which is why I like forums. I love anonymity) Being a homebody isn't healthy (this is coming from a homebody) so that's not really an option for them to hide out in their house. If I had money like that I'd sure as less be a homebody but I wouldn't be all that interested in having conversations IRL as an introverted loner. I just like to go out and observe and do things.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
I know everyone wants to be heard, so that's why celebs do it. In a way, they are lucky that millions of people will hear what they say.

But what I can't stand is that they think they have so much power and influence when they don't!!!
That's where you're wrong they actually do. A lot of people are influenced by them and they know that. They shouldn't have much power in general because like I said they're just people but they do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
My pet dislike are reality stars and offspring that get labeled a celebrity just because their parent was worldwide famous.
That is pretty awful when children get roped into it. The children didn't ask to be famous at all so it probably bothers them sometimes and when they're still young it's even worse. Similarly I don't think it's right when siblings get too much attention too. I don't know how I feel about SOs who are not famous. Unless the attention is done in good intentions I feel like sometimes they get too much attention at times. On the one hand it's okay because they knew what they are getting into and they were willing to make a sacrifice but there might be a line they are crossing as you don't choose who you fall in love with.


Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
Why do they HAVE to get rid of thier extra money? Who says they HAVE to?

I remember a few articles about One Direction visiting children, but I can't imagine a bunch of guys in their late teens to early 20s would actually WANT to help others if it wasn't so trendy and expected of them.
They don't have to but it's customary because they could lose that money at any time so they might as well give it to someone who needs it. When you have a lot of money it's just the right thing to do.
I don't pay attention to One Direction so I don't know about them but I do know some celebrities do it just because they want to.
Regular people are honestly no better sometimes. A lot of people volunteer just to get work experience so in some ways although many probly do it for publicity it can be better because their lives are so busy and they already have a lot of money so in many cases they have nothing to gain whereas the regular person is just doing it to get ahead just like the celebrity who does it for publicity. There's always going to be bad ones out there though like I said but in some cases I value the celebrity doing it more because of the way their lives are. They're not special in general but their life certainly is not as glamorous as its made out to be.


Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSwede View Post
The amount of time people spend on hating celebrities.
I find it horrible but it doesn't really bother me. I just wouldn't associate with someone that actively hates on celebrities. I have some I dislike too but I think life's too finite to spend time hating on people who probably have never done nothing to you. Far better to over love than over hate as I always say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sas318 View Post
Partially agree. But society has been going in this direction for decades now. When women once wore corsets and heavy gowns and were covered head to toe, with each decade, they started wearing less and less, to the point that today, celebrities regularly wear V-strings (!!) to the beach.

For women, what better way to shock people? Take off your clothes. That's why they all do it.

In pop music, sex does sell. Look at Beyonce and Rihanna. It works really well for them. If you're a pop singer who's not sexy, you'll appeal to little girls, not adults (men and women alike). That's Taylor Swift. She keeps her clothes on, but whom does she appeal to? Little girls.
I feel the same. It doesn't bother me honestly because I'm very open minded (I have seen American Pie uncensored for crying out loud) but in a way I kinda hate it because as you and the person replied to said it does sell. I hate that because it makes it easy for my fav artists to sell out and I liked them the way they are. But they do it because that's how the industry works and sex is on most of our minds a lot as much as you want to deny it (unless you are asexual but those are rare). I do wish sometimes there would be other subjects they'd write about but I look it as a sort of positive thing because it makes me appreciate the ones who write about other things more. It also makes for smaller crowds at concerts so more for me. I can also enjoy the favs that do sell out in a sense because I know for the most part they haven't totally given up who they are they're just putting a marketing spin on it and I'll like it regardless if I feel a connection to the song. I can also always turn it into a non sexual song and so it makes me tap into my creativity.
I disagree with you about Taylor Swift. It has nothing to do with that most likely. I mean maybe it's a factor but it's mostly her attitude and style of music. Her image is about being obsessive about boys. Who's going to relate to that except teenage girls generally?

Last edited by Nickchick; 06-21-2017 at 03:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-21-2017, 03:31 PM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
12,951 posts, read 9,417,948 times
Reputation: 18192
The Adeles of this world rushing to the high rise fire in London to do her thing... even before our Queen had time to get there for a visit.. these in your face celebs make me boak..they really do... they seem to think their wise sears who can spout some scriptures and we ll all listen or give their views about politics.. go count your money slowly and give us peace..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2017, 05:09 AM
 
Location: Louisiana
213 posts, read 77,193 times
Reputation: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
what's a Zsa Zsa Gabor?
You can't be serious, right? Gonna give you a hint. You have a wealth of information waiting for you at your fingertips called the internet. Try that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2017, 07:30 AM
 
Location: Glasgow Scotland
12,951 posts, read 9,417,948 times
Reputation: 18192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddhanks View Post
You can't be serious, right? Gonna give you a hint. You have a wealth of information waiting for you at your fingertips called the internet. Try that.
None of my grandkids would have a clue who she is...would have been nice of you to answer the question a wee bit nicer..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-22-2017, 09:28 AM
 
Location: Louisiana
213 posts, read 77,193 times
Reputation: 314
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
None of my grandkids would have a clue who she is...would have been nice of you to answer the question a wee bit nicer..
Yes, you're right. I should have been nicer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-12-2017, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Yucaipa, California
9,194 posts, read 16,356,145 times
Reputation: 5758
What is with celebrities constantly posting photos of themselves on instagram ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:13 AM.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top