Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2017, 08:40 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,036,788 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Poor baby- I am playing the worlds smallest violin for her. Like all wacko liberals- she is a "victim".
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
Liberals are not capable of taking personal responsibility- it's not in their DNA. They are always the "victim".
Gee, some people have completely forgotten all of the times whiney Donald has complained of being victimized.

Pot meet Kettle. LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2017, 08:43 PM

9,546 posts, read 7,065,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallBull View Post
She's a comedian. Her profession is to push the envelope. What she does is no different than what Hollywood or the mainstream does - provides content that is funny and deplorable. Shock and awe. And what world are you referring to where people cannot walk around safely? John Oliver's program on Sunday just talked about the mainstream media kept repeating how London was "reeling" from the attack. And yet, from his depiction, people seemed more adamant about living out their lives normally. This world has always been a vicious and horrible one to live in because of people. Kathy Griffin, however deplorable her action was, is not a vicious and horrible person. No, that person resides in the White House - the man that wants to lock immigrants up, bring back mandatory sentencing to fill up the prisons, collude with our enemies (Russia), and refer to women in deplorable terms (think: Access Hollywood and Billy Bush). If he was a man of greater integrity, I might be as outraged as you. But given who Griffin was talking about, I could care less.
Your argument would be more valid if it were more accurate

--I find Kathy Griffin to be completely vicious and horrible...for example, when she attacked Sarah Palin's son who has Down syndrome, and when she publicly denounced Jesus Christ at the 2007 Emmy awards. Maybe you don't find such actions "deplorable", but I definitely do.

--Trump does not want to "lock immigrants up". PLEASE. Trump wants to enforce the immigration laws of this country, laws that are already written and passed. Some of these people are economic migrants. Some think the law doesn't apply to them. Whatever, if they are here illegally, they are breaking our laws. Why are some people above the law and other are not? If you or I went to another country and entered illegally, we would be jailed or deported or whatever. Why is the U.S. the only country that doesn't get to enforce its borders and its laws? Trump has said repeatedly that people should come to this country legally. Illegal immigration costs us billions and creates multiple problems in health, education, welfare, employment, illegal drugs, public safety, etc.

--mandatory sentencing...again, are these people breaking the laws? If you have a problem with THE LAW, then fine, work to change the law, but don't blame Trump for enforcing the laws that are currently on the books.

--Russia collusion...no evidence, no evidence, no evidence. Even Andrea Mitchell stated on air that these are bogus, made up claims. And is Russia really our enemy? If so, why did Hillary Clinton sell them 20% of our uranium?

--Refer to women...I agree, this was not a fine moment, but the response was complete overkill. He did not actually talk about assaulting women ("and they let you" he said) and for all the men who are aghast...I just have to say, OH COME ON.

Personally, I find comments such as "it's fine that she did this because I don't like him" really disturbing. NONE of you would say that if this were Obama's image and a conservative comic/actor/person. That conservative would already be jailed and you know it. Even if you don't like the man, have some respect for the office he holds.

Old 06-06-2017, 11:30 PM

224 posts, read 134,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calgirlinnc View Post
Your argument would be more valid if it were more accurate

--I find Kathy Griffin to be completely vicious and horrible...for example, when she attacked Sarah Palin's son who has Down syndrome, and when she publicly denounced Jesus Christ at the 2007 Emmy awards. Maybe you don't find such actions "deplorable", but I definitely do.

--Trump does not want to "lock immigrants up". PLEASE. Trump wants to enforce the immigration laws of this country, laws that are already written and passed. Some of these people are economic migrants. Some think the law doesn't apply to them. Whatever, if they are here illegally, they are breaking our laws. Why are some people above the law and other are not? If you or I went to another country and entered illegally, we would be jailed or deported or whatever. Why is the U.S. the only country that doesn't get to enforce its borders and its laws? Trump has said repeatedly that people should come to this country legally. Illegal immigration costs us billions and creates multiple problems in health, education, welfare, employment, illegal drugs, public safety, etc.

--mandatory sentencing...again, are these people breaking the laws? If you have a problem with THE LAW, then fine, work to change the law, but don't blame Trump for enforcing the laws that are currently on the books.

--Russia collusion...no evidence, no evidence, no evidence. Even Andrea Mitchell stated on air that these are bogus, made up claims. And is Russia really our enemy? If so, why did Hillary Clinton sell them 20% of our uranium?

--Refer to women...I agree, this was not a fine moment, but the response was complete overkill. He did not actually talk about assaulting women ("and they let you" he said) and for all the men who are aghast...I just have to say, OH COME ON.

Personally, I find comments such as "it's fine that she did this because I don't like him" really disturbing. NONE of you would say that if this were Obama's image and a conservative comic/actor/person. That conservative would already be jailed and you know it. Even if you don't like the man, have some respect for the office he holds.
Interesting how you can recollect Kathy Griffin's actions but you choose not to repeat not one thing that Trump has said and done over the past 3 years. Heck, even yesterday, he implies through his tweets that the mayor of London doesn't care about the people of London. So now that we know where your bias stands, let me say this without running off topic...and no, I don't denounce her for having opinions on anyone including Jesus Christ b/c that's her opinion. Last time I checked, we have freedom of speech which trump exercises in the extreme.

I could talk till I'm blue in the face about the stupidity of mandatory sentencing where 2 living presidents (Clinton and Obama) have condemned it along with multiple governors from red and blue states. I could bring up the reality that over 17 U.S. intelligence agencies have confirmed Russian collusion. Putin himself admitted in an interview with Meghan Kelly that people in his country "might have" been patriotic.

But what's really bothersome (and I assume you're a woman by your title), is your defense of Trump...he did not actually talk about assaulting women. I'm sorry, but do you or any woman you know allow a man to "grab you" because a man perceives that "you let him"? And then ask yourself: should this man be your president? Does this man deserve your defense when a comedian says or does something insulting towards a president who feels this way about women? Now if I feel like he's a trashy monster, I can't imagine what a woman like Kathy Griffin might think of him. Again, she went overboard with her "joke". It wasn't funny. But this president does not deserve anyone's defense.

It is shocking to me that anyone, especially a woman, can defend him...but then turn around and say Kathy Griffin is a bad person b/c she teased a kid with Down's syndrome(which Trump did with a disabled reporter just last year). And sorry, I'm not going to fall for the old "if this was Obama" deflection trick.

Old 06-07-2017, 06:33 AM

I find it interesting that you accuse me of cherry picking incidents or remarks but you do the same. For example, Putin in that same interview denied interference in the election and asked if people here had "lost their minds" because it is clear to him the goal is to bring down the President. The Mayor of London is not a blameless non-controversial figure and you may want to look into that before you start defending him.

I disagree with your positions and it's clear you disagree with mine. We are not going to change each other's minds and this thread has already been derailed. We could go back and forth for 7 more pages but I don't see the point in that.

Having said that, I will just say that regarding the Access Hollywood tape, I don't know if he actually went around grabbing or was just talking smack. I do know, however, that the other candidate testified before congress, in regards to four dead Americans, "what difference does it make?" Hillary Clinton stood over the flag draped coffins of American servicemen and lied to their parents.

None of this has happened in a vacuum. Your vote is on your conscience and mine is on mine.

Last edited by calgirlinnc; 06-07-2017 at 07:18 AM..

Old 06-07-2017, 10:39 AM

Also the whole "Trump mocked the reporter thing" has been debunked over and over. KG attacked a CHILD with Down syndrome. Again, these are not the same.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:14 AM

2,301 posts, read 1,884,494 times
Haha she got what she deserved. Won't surprise me if she winds up in jail.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:41 AM

224 posts, read 134,175 times
Quote:
I find it interesting that you accuse me of cherry picking incidents or remarks but you do the same. For example, Putin in that same interview denied interference in the election and asked if people here had "lost their minds" because it is clear to him the goal is to bring down the President. The Mayor of London is not a blameless non-controversial figure and you may want to look into that before you start defending him.

I disagree with your positions and it's clear you disagree with mine. We are not going to change each other's minds and this thread has already been derailed. We could go back and forth for 7 more pages but I don't see the point in that.

Having said that, I will just say that regarding the Access Hollywood tape, I don't know if he actually went around grabbing or was just talking smack. I do know, however, that the other candidate testified before congress, in regards to four dead Americans, "what difference does it make?" Hillary Clinton stood over the flag draped coffins of American servicemen and lied to their parents.

None of this has happened in a vacuum. Your vote is on your conscience and mine is on mine.
Whatever incidents I cherry-picked I was staying on-topic regarding Kathy Griffin and Trump. Only one of us mentioned Obama and Hilary and that person was not me. I'm fine with disagreements but it has to be fair both ways. You can't say Griffin is despicable but then say you don't whether he was actually grabbing or talking smack (and I think there are enough women who have come forward to say that Trump doesn't talk smack). Is it right to wish ill-will onto her but not onto him, a man who has said and done far worse?

And for the record, to shatter your perceptions, I voted for neither Hillary or Trump. Both were bad candidates who lacked integrity. I just don't understand how people can overlook the disgusting qualities of both candidates, vote for one of them, but then turn around say Griffin is just as vile and needs to have her career demolished b/c she said/did something that was disgusting towards a disgusting person.

Oh well, I guess that's just the America I live in.

Old 06-07-2017, 04:09 PM

50,765 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Also the whole "Trump mocked the reporter thing" has been debunked over and over. KG attacked a CHILD with Down syndrome. Again, these are not the same.
Debunked? Baloney. The video is there for all to see.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Debunked? Baloney. The video is there for all to see.
Fake News: Trump Did Not Mock Disabled Reporter And Other Lies From The Left | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

No doubt you won't like my source. Google for something to back up your own bias.

Old 06-07-2017, 05:14 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,028,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Ivana accused Donald of violently raping her after he came home in pain from a scalp reduction procedure.....and the only reason her story changed is because their divorce settlement effectively silenced her. $$$$$

And..... you forgot to mention Donald bringing his mistress along on a family vacation.

Not only has Donald sexually harassed women and cheated on his wives, he has also cheated people out of money.

If you are going to judge both men on their over all morals, Donald is the loser, BIGLY.

I find your "outrage" quite selective, to say the least. LOL
Did you fail to read or comprehend the title of this thread?

Hint: It's about Kathy Griffin accusing Donald Trump of ruining her life. Not one bit of your commentary has the slightest thing to do with Kathy Griffin's accusations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities