U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2017, 02:43 AM

13,083 posts, read 9,745,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeBear View Post
So, if the police won't do anything with this ongoing gang issue, why don't a large group of neighbors get together, and beat the snot out of these kids?

The British public just takes it, and won't fight back even when their lives are at stake.
Its called breaking the law....we dont do lynchings either.... on occassions though with child abusers etc Ive felt like doing something myself...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2017, 08:08 AM

1,465 posts, read 797,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Its called breaking the law....we dont do lynchings either.... on occassions though with child abusers etc Ive felt like doing something myself...
Oh yeah, it's "breaking the law" to defend your neighborhood from toughs? It just figures that the cops would rather arrest people defending themselves, than to stand up to illegal gangs roaming the streets.

In the US, it's call "self defense". NOBODY said anything about lynching them, but a good beating is the best way to turn bullies into potential friends.

Just goes to prove you guys are a bunch of wusses, and that you won't even stand up to these people even to save your own lives.

Old 07-03-2017, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Oh yeah, it's "breaking the law" to defend your neighborhood from toughs? It just figures that the cops would rather arrest people defending themselves, than to stand up to illegal gangs roaming the streets.

In the US, it's call "self defense". NOBODY said anything about lynching them, but a good beating is the best way to turn bullies into potential friends.

Just goes to prove you guys are a bunch of wusses, and that you won't even stand up to these people even to save your own lives.
did you know that in the UK it was a criminal offence to shoot or beat someone breaking into our house.. no joke.. we are told to use reasonble force only...now it seems we can bash a burglar.. oh goody goody.. Now we CAN bash a burglar... but not in our gardens: Law to allow homeowners to defend their property comes into force | Daily Mail Online
Seems crazy but happened. Anthony Edward "Tony" Martin (born c. 1944) is a farmer from Norfolk, England, who shot a burglar dead in his home in August 1999. Martin was convicted of murder, later reduced to manslaughter on grounds of diminished responsibility, and served three years in prison, having been denied parole.

Old 07-03-2017, 06:53 PM

1,465 posts, read 797,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
did you know that in the UK it was a criminal offence to shoot or beat someone breaking into our house.. no joke.. we are told to use reasonble force only...now it seems we can bash a burglar.. oh goody goody.. Now we CAN bash a burglar... but not in our gardens: Law to allow homeowners to defend their property comes into force | Daily Mail Online
Seems crazy but happened. Anthony Edward "Tony" Martin (born c. 1944) is a farmer from Norfolk, England, who shot a burglar dead in his home in August 1999. Martin was convicted of murder, later reduced to manslaughter on grounds of diminished responsibility, and served three years in prison, having been denied parole.
That's just insane. Next you are going to tell me that even your police don't have guns...

Old 07-04-2017, 03:52 AM

Quote:
That's just insane. Next you are going to tell me that even your police don't have guns...
WHAT? jeez I hadnt noticed either.. hahaha

Old 07-06-2017, 03:27 AM

7,355 posts, read 7,677,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Are these gang of boys from that peaceful religion? I noticed they left out the description of the "gang"...
I was wondering the exact same thing -- it certainly fits their modus operandi.

Old 07-08-2017, 12:02 AM

2,295 posts, read 1,307,085 times
It would not be PC to describe the gangs.

Old 07-08-2017, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
never is these days..

Old 07-11-2017, 02:06 PM

6,168 posts, read 9,754,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Don't get me started on that PC mentality.....sickening the hell out of me!

I should be able to use any word/term that the subject in question would to describe/identify themselves.
Any information that is relevant and apparent to identify anyone should be used. Period.

Old 07-11-2017, 02:44 PM

2,295 posts, read 1,307,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
Don't get me started on that PC mentality.....sickening the hell out of me!

I should be able to use any word/term that the subject in question would to describe/identify themselves.
Any information that is relevant and apparent to identify anyone should be used. Period.
I agree that PC is way over used and restrictive. It is used to put out false descriptions or more precisely no descriptions of groups heavily involved in crime. If a group is prone to criminal activity today's PC will label you a racist if you notice that fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities