U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2017, 07:27 AM

437 posts, read 203,900 times

Advertisements

First of, not many people were bigger fans than me.

He was a musical genius. Such a great voice and talent. Saw him or his bands in concert 4 times.

When I heard of his passing I was shocked and distressed.

Now the dust has settled a little......main thing I want to know is which drug/s were his addictions to?

This is something I don't know and am intrigued to know. Please only answer if u know, rather than speculation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2017, 08:05 AM

511 posts, read 253,803 times
According to all accounts, Cornell was off drugs for over a decade, and stopped drinking four years ago. In his younger years, he was a frequent heroin and alcohol user, and he has admitted to trying almost anything. He claimed to have begun experimenting with alcohol and marijuana at the age of 12. His wife said at the time of his death, he was using Ativan, a prescription anti-anxiety medication, and she speculated that he may have taken too much of it on the day of his death.

Toxicology reports say that "drugs were not a factor" in his death, and his autopsy is consistent with "death by hanging"

Frankly, you're probably never going to get more than speculation. Suicides are notoriously hard to explain sometimes.

Chris Cornell Autopsy, Toxicology Report Released - Rolling Stone

Old 06-27-2017, 08:18 AM

437 posts, read 203,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maliblue View Post
According to all accounts, Cornell was off drugs for over a decade, and stopped drinking four years ago. In his younger years, he was a frequent heroin and alcohol user, and he has admitted to trying almost anything. He claimed to have begun experimenting with alcohol and marijuana at the age of 12. His wife said at the time of his death, he was using Ativan, a prescription anti-anxiety medication, and she speculated that he may have taken too much of it on the day of his death.

Toxicology reports say that "drugs were not a factor" in his death, and his autopsy is consistent with "death by hanging"

Frankly, you're probably never going to get more than speculation. Suicides are notoriously hard to explain sometimes.

Chris Cornell Autopsy, Toxicology Report Released - Rolling Stone
Thank you nice reply. Have a great day.

I have thought all along that it was likely he was wasted before his suicide. Like u say the exact details will probably never know.

RIP Chris.

Old 06-27-2017, 08:22 PM

15,682 posts, read 3,112,310 times
RIP Chris

Old 06-27-2017, 08:44 PM

10,327 posts, read 12,413,543 times
Relapses are very common in addicts, and combined with depression or anxiety can result in tragedy. We will never know what went on in the last hours for sure, but a few have reported he looked off at his final show. Regardless, he was in a very bad place that night and sadly did not make it through. He was super talented and I was sad to see him go. As a kid who grew up on grunge, it's a jolt knowing Chris, Kurt and Layne died so soon and while they has so much more to give.

Even without drugs or alcohol, many Don't understand the feeling of staring into what seems like a hopeless abyss, for whatever reason life has presented it. It's a truly empty feeling that can take down the strongest willed person. And everyday somewhere this s exactly what happens.

RIP Chris.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or