U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2017, 07:56 AM

818 posts, read 261,390 times

Advertisements

https://www.yahoo.com/style/miley-cy...191549186.html

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 02:15 PM

3,985 posts, read 2,927,208 times
LOL. One of the Yahoo comments, a user by Harley, summarized perfectly, "I made money and am now popular so I can have a squeaky clean image for a little bit. However, I will get older and then I will have to get nasty again... ala Madonna."

Old 07-14-2017, 04:19 PM
BMI

4,540 posts, read 2,394,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
LOL. One of the Yahoo comments, a user by Harley, summarized perfectly, "I made money and am now popular so I can have a squeaky clean image for a little bit. However, I will get older and then I will have to get nasty again... ala Madonna."
Yes, the Madonna playbook. Should work for Miley too.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:29 PM

2,642 posts, read 1,381,638 times
I love how she says it was expected of her. No... you made a choice to do those things and wear almost nothing. You acted a fool and are possibly regretting those decisions. No one to blame but yourself.

Old 07-14-2017, 07:34 PM

27,684 posts, read 33,114,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
I love how she says it was expected of her. No... you made a choice to do those things and wear almost nothing. You acted a fool and are possibly regretting those decisions. No one to blame but yourself.
Nope. It was a calculated move, likely upon the advice of her father, to break out of her Disney/Hannah Montana persona. Haircut, skanky clothing, controversial statements, the whole program. Kept her in the news for a couple years.

Now, it's time to pivot.

Old 07-17-2017, 11:56 AM

7,849 posts, read 6,405,896 times
She looks like an emo boy. Noting "sexual" about her.

Old 07-17-2017, 05:36 PM

8,484 posts, read 4,642,278 times
Quite a 180 degree turn by Ms. Cyrus if she is eschewing a sexualized pop singer culture. Sitting naked on a wrecking ball or gyrating on the crotch of another singer is something any minimally talented pop star could do for attention because they can't really sing. Most pop singers' talent consists of being very attractive and mostly naked.

This petite woman, Miley, has a powerful voice and hopefully she will showcase her amazing talent in the future sans strap on dildos and other theatrics. I'd like to hear her sing some classic songs on an album. I might even buy that one.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 07-17-2017 at 05:45 PM..

Old 07-17-2017, 08:39 PM

10,561 posts, read 5,427,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
True, but you have to realize that hollyweird is a very sick industry.

It corrupts young actors especially women.

Some women may start out very young in the industry like Miley. Squeaky clean, Disney type.

But as they get older, they all follow a very predictable pattern.

These women feel a need to get rid of that 'clean' image, especially from industry pressure.

Hence, they start to dress very provocatively or in as little clothes as possible (and constantly take selfies of them half naked as 'empowerment'). They do sexually overt acts on stage or in the movies. Basically, they sexualize themselves in order to gain more fame and media attention.

And then later on in their career, all of a sudden they become all proper and 'moral.'

So stupid and predictable.

It's like all these older hollyweird actresses bemoaning sexism and ageism in the industry, when in fact these women took full advantage of that when they were younger.

Old 07-18-2017, 04:10 AM

12,656 posts, read 9,155,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Yes, the Madonna playbook. Should work for Miley too.
wasnt it Madonna who didnt allow her kids a tv ... what was she protecting them from...her old videos?........Actors mostly prostitute themselves for fame and money..not all of them , some actually have talent but the ones who do these movies where they know they will have to do sex scenes and show it all..dont care...

Old 07-18-2017, 07:35 AM

12,656 posts, read 9,155,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
She looks like an emo boy. Noting "sexual" about her.
whats an emo boy hahaha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities