U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-15-2017, 11:39 PM

27,244 posts, read 43,219,869 times

Advertisements

Habitat for Humanity says former president suffering dehydration.

Jimmy Carter Collapses While Building Home
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2017, 09:08 AM

3,559 posts, read 1,505,451 times
That was a few days ago. He's already back to building houses. At 92 freaking years old.

Jimmy Carter back to building homes in Canada after after being treated for dehydration - LA Times

Old 07-16-2017, 10:07 AM

436 posts, read 123,325 times
I will be sad when he's gone. He may not have been the best President we've ever had, but I would vote him without hesitation as the best ex-President in history. He might even become the first ex-President to live to be 100.

Old 07-18-2017, 08:11 AM

525 posts, read 436,804 times
Nice guy, ****ty president

Old 07-25-2017, 06:46 AM

3,327 posts, read 1,710,601 times
Although this is an unpopular view, I still have GREAT admiration for Carter because he was one of the most honest POTUSes I think we have ever had -- and I think that it has been WAY too long since we have had a POTUS who was even remotely honest.

When Carter dies, I know I will be sad -- and I cannot say that about any other of the current living POTUSes.

Old 07-26-2017, 08:10 AM

759 posts, read 253,793 times
Being from the U.K. I have very little idea of how good or bad the Carter administration was for Americans and the U.S.
Like a lot of people, if I think of him, I think of the failed rescue attempt of the American hostages held in Iran, but I don't hold him responsible for that debacle.
It's also the escapades of his brother, Billy Carter, that come to mind, something about Libya, but I can't remember what, and his doomed attempt at brewing Billy beer, plus his Federal tax troubles.
I first became aware of Jimmy Carter on my very first trip to the U.S. in bicentennial year 1976.
My then girlfriend and I were staying in a hotel in Manhattan, N.Y.C., and we rarely watched the TV in the room, but I can still recall hearing a commercial that I think opened with a floppy haired, smiling, crinkly eyed guy with a Southern accent, saying, "Hi, (although it sounded like Hahy), mah name's Jimmy Carter, an' ahm runnin' fer President."
My girlfriend was Polish, and she looked at the screen, and said, "Kto to jest?" (Who's that?).

Old 07-29-2017, 06:59 AM

25,499 posts, read 6,687,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post
Although this is an unpopular view, I still have GREAT admiration for Carter because he was one of the most honest POTUSes I think we have ever had -- and I think that it has been WAY too long since we have had a POTUS who was even remotely honest.

When Carter dies, I know I will be sad -- and I cannot say that about any other of the current living POTUSes.

Hmmm.... Nice.

Although Carter was one of our worst presidents, I will be sad when he dies. Whether or not one likes someone has nothing to do with empathy--to the humane among us.

Jimmy Carter is set to become the longest-lived [former] U.S. president, having fortuitously bypassed the scourge of pancreatic cancer that devastated his family. His dad and all of his siblings--two sisters and a brother--died of the disease. And his mother's breast cancer recurred and spread to other organs, including the pancreas.

...and without the dementia that afflicted Ford and Reagan.

Old 07-30-2017, 03:12 AM

4,253 posts, read 1,262,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whocares811 View Post

I have to agree with you.

I remember thinking to myself when Reagan won his first term, "Well, there goes the country..."

Old Today, 12:21 AM

289 posts, read 70,261 times
Great man, mediocre president, a true statesman, hard working ex-president, and a man who truly embodies Christian ideals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $99,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities