U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 06:28 PM

18,499 posts, read 22,794,746 times

Advertisements

Tribute from a surprising person:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6q2hsdXenQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 01:39 PM

15,470 posts, read 18,766,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Tribute from a surprising person:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6q2hsdXenQ
Great youtube Suzie!

Actually I'm not surprised. The reason why is I was aware that Cooper and Glenn were friends. Years ago when I would go to MLB Spring Training in Phoenix and Tucson there would be a time or two that Alice Cooper would come out to a preseason ball game, didn't matter who played. He loved baseball, he loved talking to people, and loved talking about the game. AND talking about the music people!

Here's another reason. It's been years but in certain radio FM markets Alice would have his own evening dj show. They don't have it in my area but it's still going--google in Nights With Alice Cooper.

When I tuned in he would play a lot of classic rock that most of the fans of that genre were familiar with but mix it up with a fair amount of obscurities; unreleased versions of classic rock songs, live cuts from Westwood One or King Bisquit Flower Hour shows, etc, etc. and I remember Cooper commenting a few times about Campbell; his career, his awesome run on chart hits, and especially his guitar playing.

That was a great interview Suzy! Thanks!

Old 08-12-2017, 03:19 PM

47,546 posts, read 33,555,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
the first time I ever saw glen Campbell was in true grit and he sang the opening song and I loved him from then on . Yes may he rest in peace . I also feel bad for Tonya Tucker who asked if she could see him before he died and his current wife told her no , How sad that she was so jealous and insecure in her relationship that she would not allow someone to say goodbye to a good friend regardless of their past . I'm so mad at his current wife and I hope she pays for not allowing someone to say goodbye to a deal friend .

It may well be that Glenn himself had requested at a certain point that he not have visitors. Alzheimer's is a horrific disease that robs the victim of their identity, many would prefer to be remembered as they were and not the empty body Alzheimer's leaves them.

He seemed like one of the good guys, may he R.I.P.

Old 08-16-2017, 07:38 AM

843 posts, read 710,531 times
We've lost a legend.

RIP Glenn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities