U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2017, 06:38 AM

7,017 posts, read 9,920,790 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Celebrities hardly corner the market when it comes to nepotism.
Well I guess its ok then
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2017, 06:54 AM

10,913 posts, read 10,986,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan Transplant View Post
Take Mick Jaggar/Jerry Hall's daughter, Georgia May. If she wasn't "connected" she would not have made it through the agency's door! Put a bag over her head, what a homely woman.
What? She's gorgeous!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_May_Jagger

Although I agree with the OP, and I don't watch any of those shows. I do see a lot, waiting in line at a supermarket, or thumbing through a magazine in a doctor/dentist's office, especially about people like Cindy Crawford's daughter or Reese Witherspoon's daughter or Michael Jackson's daughter or Sylvester Stallone's daughter or Sean Penn and Robin Wright's daughter or....

Old 08-26-2017, 09:25 AM

2,385 posts, read 2,940,129 times
OK, I will concur, that is a very attractive photo of her, but her mouth is closed. She is not attractive when her mouth is open, in the many print and media advertisements that I have seen with her as the model. I was just at a mall last week (I never go to malls anymore, but had to go to a specific store there per doctor's orders, shoes he recommended for me to wear due to my osteopenia), so I wandered around it. In the perfume department of the high-end store I was in (Dillards) there she was in full homeliness, advertising some expensive designer perfume. Mouth open, gapped front teeth in full sight, the poster itself was very large, she was a very homely model in this advertisement.

Mouth open, she looks like Mick. Mouth closed, more like Jerry. My opinion only.

Old 08-26-2017, 03:48 PM

13,410 posts, read 10,909,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Well I guess its ok then

Of course it's not OK. A qualified person should not lose out on an opportunity due to nepotism.

And it also isn't OK to only rant about celebrities doing it and ignoring all the rest.

I have seen PLENTY of nepotism in my life and the people involved weren't even close to being celebrities.

And.....just like a celebrity child not being attractive enough or talented enough, many of them weren't qualified for the job they were handed on a silver platter......just because their daddy or uncle is a higher up in a company or an official in local government.

In fact, nepotism is so rampant in this country I would call it a time honored tradition.

Old 08-26-2017, 08:12 PM

25,931 posts, read 6,858,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
What? She's gorgeous!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgia_May_Jagger

Although I agree with the OP, and I don't watch any of those shows. I do see a lot, waiting in line at a supermarket, or thumbing through a magazine in a doctor/dentist's office, especially about people like Cindy Crawford's daughter or Reese Witherspoon's daughter or Michael Jackson's daughter or Sylvester Stallone's daughter or Sean Penn and Robin Wright's daughter or....

Gorgeous? I guess we all have our standards.

This kid has terrible teeth and her dad's mouth. Although many in this field are short on looks, their tall stature is an asset in the industry. She doesn't even have that. At a mere 5'7", only someone with her pedigree would be called a supermodel. Give me a break.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:10 PM

11,754 posts, read 19,307,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Gorgeous? I guess we all have our standards.

This kid has terrible teeth and her dad's mouth. Although many in this field are short on looks, their tall stature is an asset in the industry. She doesn't even have that. At a mere 5'7", only someone with her pedigree would be called a supermodel. Give me a break.
Allow me to introduce you to Vanessa Paradis - former model, former wife of Johnny Depp:

https://goo.gl/images/o7bI9h

Can we agree, that Jagger girl is at least a skosh more modelesque?

If we're talking about the thread topic, can we add Rumer Willis? How about Lisa Rinna and Harry Hamlin's daughters, they are comparing those two to the Hadid sisters? I think the Jagger girl is more photogenic than any that I have listed here.

Old 08-26-2017, 09:29 PM

2,385 posts, read 2,940,129 times
I knew the name but had never seen her, now I wish I hadn't. But her daughter by Johnny Depp, Lily Rose, is in the news now as a model. She is pretty from the pics I have seen of her. But Rumor Willis, please. That is one homely woman also. All three of the Willis-Moore daughters are homely, I just recently saw a picture of all 3 together.

Old 08-27-2017, 05:50 AM

May Jagger is nice looking (I too find the teeth somewhat offputting). But she isn't as good looking as a million girls in LA trying to make it that don't have a family leg up. Lilly Rose Depp is pretty but she has been in a movie with her father and pretty much went straight to being hired by Chanel.

I can't even remember the name of the model that was being shown whose photo shot was being captured, but she was someone's daughter and E or Inside or TMZ whoever was gushing, gushing about how gorgeous she was. She was a nice looking young woman, nicer than many, but not as great as many others.

Scott Eastwood has interviews all over the net about how his Dad never gave him a cent, never helped him. But as near as I can tell just from IMBD his first movie was Flags of our Fathers - directed by his dad. Steady movie work since then, none look to B movie, not working his way up with commercials, daytime soaps like a lot of those without family have to. But he had it so tough. Didn't even bother to change his name like a lot do.

Kyle Eastwood - first movie in IMBD - the Rookie, directed by Clint. Second movie, Mystic River, directed by Clint, third movie, Million Dollar Baby, directed by Clint.

And I'm not saying that some celeb kids don't have talent. Statistically I'm sure some do. Although I think more just become someone who can hit their marks and deliver a line type actor.
Everytime I see this I think acting must not be that tough. Sure there is real talent, and maybe that takes some time to craft before it comes through, but apparently you can get by without it.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:22 AM

10,913 posts, read 10,986,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
May Jagger is nice looking (I too find the teeth somewhat offputting).
Did Lauren Hutton start the trend with a gap in the front teeth being fashionable? It seemed to look a lot better on her than it does on some of these young women. It looks horrible on Vanessa Paradis.

Old 08-27-2017, 07:31 AM

I dont know that it was ever fashionable. I think with Hutton it was sort of a big deal that she made it despite her teeth. And in some shoots and movies it was filled in. Jaggers is out of control.

Cara Delevingne is the young model now concentrating on acting that has made big heavy brows fashionable. She comes from a long lined very high end English family with Sirs and Barons etc. Her godmother is Joan Crawford.
Despite having been acting for awhile without any particular genius she still got a big role in a fairly big budget movie, Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets featuring Clive Owen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities