Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 01:27 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,308,750 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnie mae View Post
Streep is a hypocrite. She stood on the chair and clapped gleefully when Polanski won the award knowing full well had sex with an underage girl and then fled the country.

Then she spews womens rights in our faces. Her Trump speech was also a disgrace, She needs to stick to acting and leave her politics at home.
So agree with everything you said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2017, 01:29 PM

1,479 posts, read 1,308,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
When will they start actually going after the pedophiles and abusers in the industry?
They are worse than weinstein.

Old 10-27-2017, 12:50 AM

18,526 posts, read 18,735,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
Please a lot of these celebs were complacent with what he was doing. A lot of them knew his rep and still did business with him, partied with him, hung out with him, etc.

I wonder if he cornered Malia Obama and did the plant trick with her.
I agree with you.... maybe their careers were too important to dish the dirt on him .....It happens all the time with ones who want to get to the top.... look at Saville and the BBC where many top names knew Saville was using and abusing young girls in his office at the Beeb.. and did nothing....If Streep wants to call them heroes thats up to her..... but how many took an awful long time to come out and spill the beans on another creep..

Old 11-01-2017, 10:35 PM

146 posts, read 77,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
I do believe there are several accounts of him hitting on women who refused and he let them go. Either those girls felt powerful enough to overcome Weinstein's influence (they all had famous fathers or boyfriends), or they're lying and they actually did the deed but don't want to admit it. Only one that I've heard claimed actual rape, and I haven't read the details. If true, that's damning.

But if he was not physically holding them down and forcing himself on them, but instead was using his power to imply that it would help these girls' careers, then yes, those girls did have a choice. They could have told him to bugger off and they would take their chances. I'm not looking down on them if they chose to do what Weinstein wanted (after all, we are talking millions of dollars here and a chance to live their dream), but it's still a choice.

Also, was Weinstein the ONLY person to work with to make it to the top? Maybe he was the easiest, aka, flash him and he'll upgrade your career kind if thing?
Because there were others to work with and go thru to make it. Same thing with the Cosby situation.
Oh yea. I'll be told if you turn him down he'll block you from all the other big wigs?

Old 11-01-2017, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWFL_Native View Post
Lololololololl

No doubt that HW is a monster but these ladies are far from heroes. A hero would have filed a police report. A hero would not have accepted $100k in hush money. A hero would not have prostituted themselves to get a role in which they would launch a career and make millions.

Are they victims, probably. Were they “raped†probably not. I’m sure he used his power to leverage these young ladies to do vile things in exchange for various favors. But let’s not act all that they are innocent naive and had no clue what the quid pro quo was. They heard the rumors and knew what a private meeting would entail. Now that they have all the money power and fame for themselves it’s easy to bag on HW. We can all have our Oprah moment where we get the tissue burn our bras and cry it out.

In the end they were complicit in the whole system are at least partially accountable for it.

Beautiful. Thank. You.
That's the big elephant some don't want to talk about and admit. The accusers have a part in the "Weinstein" culture too. Read their stories and you can see that.
They put something as unnecessary as having a lot of fame/getting lots of attention as more important than themselves and trying to protect others well don't get mad at the public if folks don't feel sorry for you.
It was so important to have millions of dollars than to take care of yourself or try to help others avoid the same fate that it didn't matter, again don't get surprised if folks don't feel pity/doubt you.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I agree, most of them were complicit. And some of these actresses already came from wealthy, powerful Hollywood families. They had advantages that other people don't have, when it comes to filing complaints or police reports. Somebody would have listened to them. Even if their career had been damaged, they wouldn't have wound up on food stamps or riding a bus to work every day.
Excellent point. Yes some of these accusers came from fame or wealth so how could they say they "worried" for their career?
Very interesting.

Old 11-01-2017, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Well, she had no problem making strong statements about the man running her entire country.

You would think she would also have an opinion about sexual law breaking by the man running her industry if she knew about his behavior. She said nothing until others did. She lost her social shine on that one.
And let's not forget all the talk from the actresses about equal pay and age/gender issues un Hollywood.
Loud about that but sex crimes?
Well....uh...um...

Old 11-01-2017, 11:00 PM

30,894 posts, read 36,941,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
It is like a cracked open egg. No telling what might spill out now.
Oh, believe me. What Harvey Weinstein did is just the tip of the iceberg. They must've wanted to get rid of him for some other reason because this kind of harassment in Hollywood is the norm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SSqd_nR164

Old 11-02-2017, 07:37 PM

1,149 posts, read 934,016 times
Streep is such a liberal feminist. Give me a break!
It works both ways in Hollywood. I personally know a man who studied acting with a very famous woman, she proposed marriage to further his career. He declined, and of course never made it big.

Old 11-07-2017, 04:43 PM

2,790 posts, read 1,642,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jteskal View Post
Streep is such a liberal feminist. Give me a break!
It works both ways in Hollywood. I personally know a man who studied acting with a very famous woman, she proposed marriage to further his career. He declined, and of course never made it big.
Marriage? LOL. Most people just propose a night in bed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities