U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2018, 07:28 AM

9,278 posts, read 8,701,656 times

Advertisements

Are her record sales down and she needs the publicity?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-04-2018, 08:07 AM

7,742 posts, read 3,782,385 times
She threw herself down the stairs for publicity?

Old 01-04-2018, 08:15 AM

964 posts, read 846,401 times
I wondered if it's more a functional type of thing. Like maybe the injury affected her facial muscles and she'll be using her face muscles a little differently, holding her mouth differently, not opening her mouth as wide or something like that. The sutures could have been all on the inside of her lip and cheek, for example. I've been there, unfortunately, and no one thought there was anything wrong until I tried to speak. Eventually I did get full function back but it took awhile and I'd get terrible muscle spasms for a long time just from talking or laughing. Just a thought.

Old 01-04-2018, 10:03 AM

3,445 posts, read 1,478,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
I know this is a Celebrity forum and such but for real, what is this thread really about?

So Carrie took a fall, broke her wrist and injured her face. Nothing newsworthy or alarming.
Bc her version isn't matching up with a witness who saw her on 12/12.

Old 01-04-2018, 12:55 PM

9,278 posts, read 8,701,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
She threw herself down the stairs for publicity?
Of course not, but making such a big mystery about how her face will look is.

Old 01-04-2018, 02:02 PM

38,747 posts, read 37,459,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
Bc her version isn't matching up with a witness who saw her on 12/12.
Perhaps she is aware of the fact that people in show business are judged extra harshly, and ANY change to her appearance will be met with skepticism, as proven in this thread.

I can see the slight differences in her face just in that selfie. I understand why she would want to ward off unfounded speculation by letting people know what happened instead of sitting back while they reel off on tangents about plastic surgery etc.

Old 01-06-2018, 05:17 AM

7,838 posts, read 11,113,247 times
i did a quick google and they all seem to be using the same picture which sort of hides one side of her face. But there is the account of some gym rat who says he didn't notice anything but the wrist splint.
That said I've never liked her. Something about her demeanor just says secretly mean.

https://pagesix.com/2018/01/03/this-...r-40-stitches/

Old 01-06-2018, 01:23 PM

5,248 posts, read 2,859,306 times
I think she fell and got hurt. She looks a certain way- very pretty- and an injury would cause her concern. When she looks in the mirror, she probably sees the injured part of her face, while the general public probably wouldn't notice unless it's something horrifically disfiguring.

When I was a teen, I had a freak accident that caused my lip to split all the way through and required about 20-25 stitches in a very small area. The stitches were placed very close together. Even after my injury healed, I was convinced that everyone could see that I'd been "disfigured." But most people never even noticed the difference.

I think she's just trying to head it off at the pass. Someone will notice that she looks slightly different and start the plastic surgery rumors, so maybe she's just trying to get ahead of that.

Old 01-06-2018, 04:34 PM

3,445 posts, read 1,478,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicci6Squirrels View Post
I think she fell and got hurt. She looks a certain way- very pretty- and an injury would cause her concern. When she looks in the mirror, she probably sees the injured part of her face, while the general public probably wouldn't notice unless it's something horrifically disfiguring.

When I was a teen, I had a freak accident that caused my lip to split all the way through and required about 20-25 stitches in a very small area. The stitches were placed very close together. Even after my injury healed, I was convinced that everyone could see that I'd been "disfigured." But most people never even noticed the difference.

I think she's just trying to head it off at the pass. Someone will notice that she looks slightly different and start the plastic surgery rumors, so maybe she's just trying to get ahead of that.
How long did it take to heal?

Old 01-06-2018, 05:01 PM

4,682 posts, read 2,891,183 times
There were speculations that it was a domestic incident with her hockey player husband, and others saying there have been rumors that she drinks too much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or