U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2018, 08:23 PM

1,076 posts, read 1,442,446 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
It was a bad date, nothing more. She's a coward for hiding behind an anonymous name then damaging his reputation. Of course if she revealed herself other men would avoid her like the plague. I agree with Ashleigh Banfield HLN.
I agree with you regarding Ashleigh Banfield! But I do think people who make false accusations should be as heavily shamed as much as real, proven predators! Cuz they make it more difficult for real victims to come forward, plus they also ruin the life of someone who did not do the thing they are accusing them of. Besides, if Aziz were truly a predator, would he have let her go and got her a cab to send her home with, and texted her the next day to apologise for his missteps the night before? I doubt it! Wanna know how a true predator behaves? Just look at Weinstein!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2018, 06:32 PM

3,351 posts, read 4,957,775 times
I really don't know for sure, but what happened didn't sound like sexual assault. It sounded like a combination of miscommunication and a really bad match. It sounded like he's kind of boorish and she was inexperienced and didn't realize that she was going to get into a situation wherein she would feel uncomfortable firmly saying "no" and leaving. He sounded like he didn't care too much for her feelings, but that's not criminal. (Of course I'm basing this on her account--I have no idea what his is).

I think that it's valuable insofar as it can start conversations about how we communicate with each other in these kinds of situations, how some women don't feel comfortable saying "no," and start to question themselves in the moment. I don't want to make generalizations about gender, though--there are probably aspects of intimacy that we all have trouble with in our youth for different reasons. And sex ed is still nonexistent in some places. BUT, all of that said, she could have started the conversations I'm alluding to by writing an anonymous article and keeping his identity to herself. Instead, it feels to me like she dragged his name through the mud for no real reason.

Old 01-30-2018, 06:37 PM

2,172 posts, read 562,801 times
wouldn't it be something if her real name/identity would somehow get "leaked"?

Instead of bad dates, she'd have no dates.

Old 01-30-2018, 10:29 PM

6,218 posts, read 10,140,458 times
A woman has a date with a nobody that she regrets, no one other than her friends will know, if that.
A woman has a date with a rich and famous person that she regrets, everyone might know about it.

Why is that?

Old 02-01-2018, 10:14 AM
Status: "Crooked Trump is a LYING Scumbag!" (set 9 days ago)

7,378 posts, read 5,206,691 times
I think it's odd that I had never heard of this guy until this story came out.

Old 02-01-2018, 01:36 PM

4,727 posts, read 1,660,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I think it's odd that I had never heard of this guy until this story came out.
I had never heard of him, either. Ever.

Old 02-05-2018, 09:04 AM

3,351 posts, read 4,957,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
I had never heard of him, either. Ever.
He starred on an NBC show, Parks and Rec, until 2015. Now stars in a Netflix show, Master of None. Can't say that I've seen either, but heard people raving about how funny he is.

Old 02-05-2018, 01:53 PM

2,172 posts, read 562,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildings_and_bridges View Post
He starred on an NBC show, Parks and Rec, until 2015. Now stars in a Netflix show, Master of None. Can't say that I've seen either, but heard people raving about how funny he is.
Aziz is very funny on the late night talk shows.

Old 02-12-2018, 10:07 PM

367 posts, read 280,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i think (going by that article, i have not heard or read anything else about this situation) that the woman in this case is being ridiculous to even bring this out in the open potentially ruining things for aziz.

i think most women can state a time where they were involved with some sexual activity that they were not 100% comfortable with but consented to nonetheless sometime in their life. this is not sexual assault. if you are forced to do something, that is wrong. but to consent, go along with it but then regret it because you weren't completely comfortable with what you did? well, that's on you. she should have said no and meant it if she didn't want to do it. it doesn't sound like he made or forced her do anything.
Yeah. It's messed up that SO MANY women have been coerced and pushed into having sex when they did not want to and it's messed up how SO MANY women feel they can't say NO. I have been in this position as well with a guy I was dating when I was 21 and who really pushed me to do stuff I didn't want to do. I even told him to stop and he said he wouldn't! That's a guy for you. At some point we as women have to speak up loud and clear and kick anyone to the curb who doesn't respect our choices. It's no good to allow these "relationships" to linger and linger when it's clear that the two people involved can't communicate and respect each other.

I do not feel I was raped or anything like that but I DO regret lots of stuff because I felt pressured and it wasn't organically something I thought up and eagerly wanted to do. I do get tired of women having to act like their pleasure is irrelevant.

Old 02-13-2018, 12:00 AM

5,955 posts, read 4,970,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamillaB View Post
Yeah. It's messed up that SO MANY women have been coerced and pushed into having sex when they did not want to and it's messed up how SO MANY women feel they can't say NO. I have been in this position as well with a guy I was dating when I was 21 and who really pushed me to do stuff I didn't want to do. I even told him to stop and he said he wouldn't! That's a guy for you. At some point we as women have to speak up loud and clear and kick anyone to the curb who doesn't respect our choices. It's no good to allow these "relationships" to linger and linger when it's clear that the two people involved can't communicate and respect each other.

I do not feel I was raped or anything like that but I DO regret lots of stuff because I felt pressured and it wasn't organically something I thought up and eagerly wanted to do. I do get tired of women having to act like their pleasure is irrelevant.

So if it's obvious about "what he's after" on the first date, dump him before there's a second. DON'T end up in a casual relationship with him where he bullies you to give in. Be up front about your standards, "No sex without marriage or at least exclusive long term commitment". And be careful what you do to lead up to it.

There ARE guys out there who respect this. I've been married to one for 37 years.

And until you're sure, don't make yourself vulnerable...i.e. parked cars, alone in a house/apartment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or