U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2018, 10:01 AM

1,091 posts, read 738,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
Nope. Won't be the first time I roll my eyes at Jim Carrey. Keeping my Facebook.
You and me both!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2018, 07:50 AM

4,912 posts, read 1,979,556 times
It's not surprising. If you've seen him lately he's seems to be on a spiritual journey. Anyhoo, he's not wrong, though probably not the voice people will respect or listen to.

Old 02-11-2018, 02:36 PM

32 posts, read 14,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
It's not surprising. If you've seen him lately he's seems to be on a spiritual journey. Anyhoo, he's not wrong, though probably not the voice people will respect or listen to.
I haven't seen him lately, what kind of spiritual journey?? I don't know much about him other than he was in the Mask and some other 90s movies.

Anyway what he's saying about facebook makes sense, but I think people who are security-conscious would not have an account anyway or would use it very infrequently.

Old 02-11-2018, 02:48 PM

5,946 posts, read 2,128,878 times
No celebrity can tell me how to run my life. Sorry, Jim Carrey. I just don't think that highly of you.

Old 02-12-2018, 08:31 AM

4,912 posts, read 1,979,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockinew View Post
I haven't seen him lately, what kind of spiritual journey?? I don't know much about him other than he was in the Mask and some other 90s movies.

Anyway what he's saying about facebook makes sense, but I think people who are security-conscious would not have an account anyway or would use it very infrequently.
If you have netflix find him on Seinfeld's 'Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee'. (might be on youtube as well) Probably better to watch him than have me explain it poorly. hehe But he definitely seems to be searching for something beyond fame and the life that brings.

Old 02-12-2018, 11:58 AM

8,877 posts, read 15,451,692 times
I don't care what he thinks about the use of Facebook. Use it, don't, I don't care.

The main point he was trying to get across was that people should sell their Facebook stock because Facebook made money on the Russian election interference scandal. Big deal, every media outlet in the country made money off that. CNN, the network he gave the interview to, made money off of it.

Old 02-13-2018, 08:04 AM

7,817 posts, read 11,043,751 times
IDK about facebook but after hearing that the Khardashians got 100 MILLION from E channel I'm about ready to cut the cable cord. I love TV and I love cable but I don't want to subsidize that worthless bunch.

Old 02-13-2018, 04:36 PM

3,750 posts, read 2,746,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastFlatbush View Post
It's not "your Facebook." You're nothing but a source of ad revenue for predatory companies and other entities.
That is true but we are nothing but a source of revenue for the Hollywood elites as well. Perhaps this comes down to a matter of the lesser of two evils.

Old 02-13-2018, 04:39 PM

3,750 posts, read 2,746,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
IDK about facebook but after hearing that the Khardashians got 100 MILLION from E channel I'm about ready to cut the cable cord. I love TV and I love cable but I don't want to subsidize that worthless bunch.
I don't like subsidizing Hollywood, professional athletes or the corporate media talking heads.

Old 02-13-2018, 07:15 PM

3,241 posts, read 1,678,990 times
I'm not deleting mine but it's a non issue because as I said in the past I don't really use it that much.

I'm pretty sure anyone who was thinking of deleting theirs would already do it without his advice so I'm not sure if he is really winning approval here.

Btw I love Jim Carrey. He's one of my favorite actors but I'm agreeing that his opinion isn't really going to change someone's mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities