U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2018, 01:22 PM

13,328 posts, read 13,125,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
Because of the substance abuse there is little hope for her to become as actress again at this age.
She seems to have had a rough time for quite awhile.

...The source added that “Heather feels that Hollywood has forgotten her and she hasn’t been offered any roles in a very long time.”
https://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity...olence-arrest/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2018, 01:03 PM

1,073 posts, read 719,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Notwithstanding the fact that you're a fan of hers, her life isn't going to "become better" unless and until she addresses her issues--which, BTW, include a history of substance abuse.

She's not "going through" anything, either. She is not the victim here.
I agree.

I drink too much on the weekends and I freely admit it, but I do not assault people, verbally or physically.

I'm not making excuses for my fondness for ale.

She is not a victim, this is true.

As an aside, I enjoyed watching her on the old series 'Melrose Place'.

Old 06-18-2018, 04:21 PM

3,618 posts, read 3,668,060 times
Apparently she has threatened to kill herself:

Heather Locklear hospitalized after threatening to kill herself: report | Fox News

Old 06-20-2018, 08:58 AM

9,059 posts, read 10,807,125 times
Hot chick for many years, now she is a "hasbeen" so she is self medicating with whatever and acting out. Happens to a lot of Hollywood types both male and female.

Old 06-20-2018, 09:00 AM

12,836 posts, read 17,233,001 times
I remember when she was on dynasty and my mom calling her a tart and saying I bet you dollars to donuts that girl will be trouble for the rest of her life on earth . Mom and granny long gone now but it seems they were right on this hussy .

Old 06-20-2018, 03:10 PM

10,645 posts, read 5,955,577 times
Mental illness doesn't discriminate. being well-loved, beautiful, wealthy, successful doesn't protect a person from the disease of mental illness anymore than they would protect a person from breast cancer or diabetes. I hope heather will accept the medical help she needs and can eventually find some peace. being splashed around in the gossip columns and press doesn't help her or her family. this is a very sad time for all of them.

Old 06-20-2018, 10:46 PM

2,698 posts, read 1,662,456 times
I always found Heather to be super attractive and fun to watch.

Wish her the best as she strives to control what is happening to her now.

Old 06-23-2018, 05:12 PM

29,043 posts, read 8,638,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
I remember when she was on dynasty and my mom calling her a tart and saying I bet you dollars to donuts that girl will be trouble for the rest of her life on earth . Mom and granny long gone now but it seems they were right on this hussy .

A classic case of conflating the person with the part s/he plays...

Sammie Jo, the character, may have been a "tart," but Heather Locklear wasn't. In fact, at the time, she was a favorite of producers (including Spelling, who cast her in multiple series), crews, and cast members, alike.

She didn't just have her looks. Reportedly, she was genuinely pleasant to work with, and not a diva, either. IMO, that makes her present situation, with all the unseemly allegations, even sadder.

Old 06-23-2018, 06:05 PM

11,803 posts, read 6,803,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
Hot chick for many years, now she is a "hasbeen" so she is self medicating with whatever and acting out. Happens to a lot of Hollywood types both male and female.
Yep, and if she doesn't drastically change her lifestyle she will continue the downward spiral, circling the bowl. In, and out of rehab, never taking it seriously, or at least constantly relapsing is not a recipe for success.

Old 06-24-2018, 09:09 AM

13,411 posts, read 2,642,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the searchers View Post
I always found Heather to be super attractive and fun to watch.

Wish her the best as she strives to control what is happening to her now.

Finally, an understanding response, positive. You all pushing ugly and negative comments are just ignorant of the ways depression and substance abuse can affect people. She's struggled for years and deserves a more empathetic public.

She's a good actress...I remember several shows that were failing until they brought her in as a strong new role.

Hoping she can get the help she deserves so she can enjoy the rest of her life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities