Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 01:12 AM

3,532 posts, read 3,004,086 times

Advertisements

I'm thinking that it's going to be a big problem for Live to keep him since they rely on celebs everyday. I guess he could go on a 2 week vacation and see if the wind changes but if not, I think they might have to pay out his contract and fire him. Can't do a show if no one comes.

E can probably keep him since awards season is over and see what happens.

I think American Idol is going to be a flop anyway so they'll keep him just to blame him for flopping.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 05:18 AM

8,238 posts, read 10,699,449 times
He'll be fine. I read some of the trade mags and folks in the business commenting and literally every single person that has come in contact with him has said he is one of the nicest and most professional people they have ever worked with/for. That doesnt necessarily mean he is incapable of doing wrong but adds to the reports that this case is an opportunist trying to cash in.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:39 AM

5,486 posts, read 7,073,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellob View Post
I think American Idol is going to be a flop anyway so they'll keep him just to blame him for flopping.
Maybe they'll bring back Dunkelman

Old 03-05-2018, 08:03 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,185,562 times
If I could go back in time and snuff out his existance. The Kharadashian rot is all on him.
Unfortunately he'll be fine.

Old 03-05-2018, 11:50 AM

17,492 posts, read 15,080,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SabresFanInSA View Post
He'll be fine. I read some of the trade mags and folks in the business commenting and literally every single person that has come in contact with him has said he is one of the nicest and most professional people they have ever worked with/for. That doesnt necessarily mean he is incapable of doing wrong but adds to the reports that this case is an opportunist trying to cash in.
They said much the same about Matt Lauer.

But.. Honestly, I think Seacrest is large enough to weather this.. More accusations will be problematic.

I don't think it'll cost him everything. things like the radio show I very much doubt he'd be forced out of. But I can see some things being a problem.

Old 03-05-2018, 12:12 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,228,973 times
if he is innocent then there is absolutely nothing wrong with him defending himself against her publicly. if he is innocent, then she is lying and i see no problem with him calling her out on it. we shouldn't believe women just because they are women. i am so over this 'someone (but is more often men) are guilty just because someone has accused them of something'. we need to get back to innocent until proven guilty. careers should not be ruined just because someone decides they want to accuse someone of sexual assault or abuse. if it turns out that the person did abuse and/or assault someone, then of course there need to be consequences which might include them losing their job among other things.

Old 03-05-2018, 03:34 PM

8,238 posts, read 10,699,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
They said much the same about Matt Lauer.
True but I think the difference is that when asked about it Matt Lauer didnt deny it and others came out of the woodwork. As of today there is only one person accusing Seacrest and so far it looks likea money grab.

Of course that could all change tomorrow.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:02 PM

3,532 posts, read 3,004,086 times
I'm not saying he's guilty or innocent. The point is that Live! relies on a constant stream of celeb guests. If people shy away, then the show is screwed.

I guess we will see how the next few weeks go.

Mark my words, American Idol is going to blame him for that debacle.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:06 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,822,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Maybe they'll bring back Dunkelman
I think that would actually help viewership. Everyone would want to see if he could handle it. I would certainly tune in for Dunkelman.

Old 03-05-2018, 06:58 PM

8,807 posts, read 21,236,910 times
I always thought he was gay .

* not that there's anything wrong with that ...

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Last edited by nancy thereader; 03-05-2018 at 07:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities