Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2018, 03:41 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,496,217 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
Did Madonna Turn Into a Hell Beast?

Forget turn into-she was born that way.
I was going to post something along those lines; I agree.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2018, 03:44 PM

1,433 posts, read 1,496,217 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvn88 View Post
She's always done things to get attention. But to still do these at her age is just weird. Not classy. She doesn't act her age. How old is she now? 60+ ?
She will be 60 in August this year.

Old 03-28-2018, 06:55 PM

12,322 posts, read 17,042,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleeGee View Post
What is really going on with Madonna? Did she honestly go from Jewish to devil worshipper overnight? My daughter says she's doing it all for publicity and getting money from it. "Whose publicity would she be doing it for", I say. "I don't know mom", says my daughter. "Exactly" I say.
Madonna is really freaking me out. One more person whose music I do not listen to anymore after seeing her shocking satanic photos, and the list keeps growing. So far it's Sade, Madonna, Beyonce and JayZ. Madonna is an idiot if it is indeed true she has gone hell *****. She has known company, and who only knows who else in that area.
I don't think any of them are Devil worshippers. Madonna is a diva egomaniac, we know that for a fact. Sade is better then all 3 you mentioned combined. She's a smooth operator that one.

Old 03-29-2018, 06:53 AM

26,574 posts, read 26,433,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AleeGee View Post
Madonna is an idiot
She's anything but an idiot. She's always been a shrewd businesswoman (whether we approve of her or not, and she probably doesn't care what we think).

30 years of Madonna: How the Queen of Pop used controversy, MTV and a talent for reinvention to craft one of the most successful careers in music history (with slideshow) | cleveland.com

Old 03-29-2018, 07:17 AM

1,709 posts, read 1,095,927 times
People still worry about devil worship? What is this, 1987?

Calm down and listen to Slayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbyswHABG3Q

Old 03-29-2018, 07:47 AM

17,533 posts, read 15,267,171 times
This thread is unintentionally hilarious. It's like the OP woke up from a 35 year coma in a Baptist church. LOL.

For a washed-up diva has-been, she's done well for herself. She's owned/owns multiple businesses, has called the shots most of the time in her career, is worth probably a $billion, depending on her investments. Not a bad run on the business side, to put it in context. As for her relevance, she was the half-time entertainment for the super bowl in 2012, she's still been able to fill venues for live concerts, and is still writing songs.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:06 AM

12,322 posts, read 17,042,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scribbles76 View Post
People still worry about devil worship? What is this, 1987?

Calm down and listen to Slayer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbyswHABG3Q

Slayer is retiring, and Madonna continues on though. Madonna may be like the Rolling Stones and keep going for years. Maybe Keith Richards granted her his powers.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:16 AM

2,567 posts, read 5,279,915 times
Like it or not, Madonna had a game-changing impact on popular music in the western world. Maybe she's "washed up" now, but she's rich and famous for it, and no worse than the many other has-beens who continue performing past their prime. I didn't pay much attention to Madonna when I was a kid (I was a teen in the 80s), and if I had kids I might have filtered Madonna (and some other musicians) out to some extent, but as an adult I grew to appreciate her quite a bit more. She was a consummate performer, including an excellent dancer, and her exploration of themes (in song, in video, in concert) was edgy and interesting. Her parodic blending of religious and secular themes was a sign of the times, and continued a tradition that has been in place since at least the 1500s: she didn't exactly invent the conflation of sex and spirituality, but she dressed it up in late 20th century garb. And what's up with the devil worshiping thing? She was an individualistic expression of life in a highly materialistic, secularizing (but not fully secular) society in the developed world, like so many other people then and today. The life she manifested and spoke of is no different from the life of shopping malls, McMansions, chain restaurants, Netflix, and other stuff that most United States people inhabit in this day and age.

Old 03-29-2018, 08:27 AM

9,611 posts, read 21,135,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I don't think any of them are Devil worshippers. Madonna is a diva egomaniac, we know that for a fact. Sade is better then all 3 you mentioned combined. She's a smooth operator that one.
Yeah, she gives me the sweetest taboo.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:01 PM

1,487 posts, read 772,852 times
Default Find Out For Yourself

You need to look for yourself dude, instead of sitting back on your haunches expecting everyone to supply you with informaton. It's out there, if you just👀, if you're interested and if you give a damn, you'll find whatever it is you want to know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities