U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-06-2018, 02:54 PM
 
Location: Southern Quebec
1,044 posts, read 694,862 times
Reputation: 1523

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Aging women can still be beautiful, as can older men be handsome....just not in the same way as when they were young.

I detect some outright ageism and misogyny in this thread. Oh and add weight shaming...

You too, will become old...
I am her age, though I don't suffer from rheumatoid arthritis (thank God).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-06-2018, 04:35 PM
BMI
 
Location: Ontario
6,042 posts, read 3,405,352 times
Reputation: 4285
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Aging women can still be beautiful, as can older men be handsome....just not in the same way as when they were young.

I detect some outright ageism and misogyny in this thread. Oh and add weight shaming...

You too, will become old...
Yeah, like Jane Fonda ....she aged well, now 80 years young.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-06-2018, 05:43 PM
 
764 posts, read 40,339 times
Reputation: 474
Jane Fonda made ample use of cosmetic surgery, that helps a lot. She does not have rheumatoid arthritis, as Kathleen Turner does and my late wife did. I can personally testify about the devastation of RA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2018, 09:34 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn,NY
10,124 posts, read 12,005,315 times
Reputation: 14868
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
She is on steroids for rheumatoid arthritis and that has a lot to do with the way she looks.....the puffy face, weight, etc.


It could happen to any of us.
I agree. She looks heavier and older is all. She's out on a casual walk, not at an awards show.

Every day, we each age more. There is nothing we can do about it. Excessive botox, fillers etc after a short while dont work either. You can still tell a person is older then thier initial appearance. Some cases people go overboard and look like a mannequin even. Good lifestyle habits and genetics help best but does not "slow" aging as they say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2018, 09:41 AM
 
Location: Nantahala National Forest, NC
10,998 posts, read 2,097,214 times
Reputation: 16790
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I agree. She looks heavier and older is all. She's out on a casual walk, not at an awards show.

Every day, we each age more. There is nothing we can do about it. Excessive botox, fillers etc after a short while dont work either. You can still tell a person is older then thier initial appearance. Some cases people go overboard and look like a mannequin even. Good lifestyle habits and genetics help best but does not "slow" aging as they say.

Let's hope the ageist, misogynist, weight-shaming men on the thread read and understand your post.
Thanks, btw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2018, 09:41 AM
 
4,958 posts, read 5,806,328 times
Reputation: 9329
OK folks, we all get old if we live long enough.

Her eyes are gorgeous. Glamorous may be the wrong term in the title. But she looks great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2018, 09:47 AM
 
6,463 posts, read 3,127,976 times
Reputation: 22444
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
I agree. She looks heavier and older is all. She's out on a casual walk, not at an awards show.
She's not out on a casual walk, she's leaving a TV studio after an on-air appearance. I think she could have chosen something more flattering.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2018, 09:57 AM
 
3,291 posts, read 1,393,587 times
Reputation: 9410
Glamorous? Nope.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2018, 10:00 AM
 
3,291 posts, read 1,393,587 times
Reputation: 9410
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Yeah, like Jane Fonda ....she aged well, now 80 years young.
Aged well? Lol. She's had a crap ton of plastic surgery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-07-2018, 11:19 AM
 
Location: Brooklyn,NY
10,124 posts, read 12,005,315 times
Reputation: 14868
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
She's not out on a casual walk, she's leaving a TV studio after an on-air appearance. I think she could have chosen something more flattering.
Missed that part, but the outfit still looks fine I think. Im super laid back and consider a button down shirt as dressing up now though so I lean toward casual naturally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top