U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2018, 03:22 PM

500 posts, read 200,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
there's nothing sexy about labored breathing and a voice ruined by smoking.
You say ruined....I say deepened. Potato, potahto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 05:03 PM

14,331 posts, read 12,587,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric johns View Post
Jane Fonda made ample use of cosmetic surgery, that helps a lot. She does not have rheumatoid arthritis, as Kathleen Turner does and my late wife did. I can personally testify about the devastation of RA.

Jane Fonda is a great example of how plastic surgery should be done, very judiciously.

Although she has undergone many procedures, they were all done with the intent of making her look better for her age instead of going drastic and trying to take off 40 years.

She looks very natural and has worked very hard to keep her body in good shape.

Good for her.

Old 04-09-2018, 06:44 PM

30,487 posts, read 9,110,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by budlight View Post
She sounds like Vera/Jim Carey from the "In Living Color" skit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuRV97_Wwf4

I wasn't familiar with that, so I had to listen. And you're right. That's pretty close to what she sounds like lol!

Old 04-10-2018, 02:39 AM

764 posts, read 46,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Jane Fonda is a great example of how plastic surgery should be done, very judiciously.

Although she has undergone many procedures, they were all done with the intent of making her look better for her age instead of going drastic and trying to take off 40 years.

She looks very natural and has worked very hard to keep her body in good shape.

Good for her.

You forgot to quote the part of my post regarding Jane Fonda never suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, which Kathleen Turner has been afflicted with since her late 30’s.

Jane Fonda, by her own admission, was bulimic for many years in order to stay thin.

In light of that, good for her, and I mean Kathleen Turner. I think the negativity regarding Ms. Turner in some these posts (not yours) is quite disturbing.

Last edited by eric johns; 04-10-2018 at 03:31 AM..

Old 04-10-2018, 09:51 AM

14,331 posts, read 12,587,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eric johns View Post
You forgot to quote the part of my post regarding Jane Fonda never suffering from rheumatoid arthritis, which Kathleen Turner has been afflicted with since her late 30ís.

Jane Fonda, by her own admission, was bulimic for many years in order to stay thin.

In light of that, good for her, and I mean Kathleen Turner. I think the negativity regarding Ms. Turner in some these posts (not yours) is quite disturbing.

I thought about mentioning Jane didn't have to deal with RA but decided it wasn't necessary.

Yes, Jane has had her own demons to deal with but none as debilitating as RA.

IMO, both women are admirable.

Old 04-14-2018, 10:56 AM

51,325 posts, read 50,591,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustMike77 View Post
Try Googling Kelly McGillis from Top Gun.

Getting old sucks.
I remember some years back when Liz Taylor was still living, my friend's mother said, "When we were young, we all wanted to look like Elizabeth Taylor...and now we do."

Old 04-14-2018, 11:02 AM

51,325 posts, read 50,591,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Aging women can still be beautiful, as can older men be handsome....just not in the same way as when they were young.

I detect some outright ageism and misogyny in this thread. Oh and add weight shaming...

You too, will become old...
Well said in the bolded. It's actually not a bad thing for those of us who didn't have to rely on beauty to make our living.

Old 04-14-2018, 01:53 PM

3,205 posts, read 2,301,368 times
Lots of negative posts about an awesome actress who just happened to age like the rest of us "oldies" - I admire her, anyone who is a "Friends" fan will remember her as playing Chandler's Dad, who happened to be transgender. At least she has a sense of humor about losing her looks and her deep voice. Good on her.

Old 04-14-2018, 02:42 PM

10,162 posts, read 16,739,222 times
She is a wonderful actress, and was definitely always famous for having a husky voice.

The ugly comments in this thread reveal much more about the people making them than they do about one older actress.

Old 04-15-2018, 09:44 AM

3,033 posts, read 8,274,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daynet View Post
Kathleen Turner looks glamorous as she leaves the ITV studios | Daily Mail Online

"Glamorous" isn't the word I would have used, but that's just me...
I've always thought she was a very good actress and she does look lovely in that photo. She's 63, so she has changed with age. Some might say she is not aging that well--it does look like she's gained some weight and had a bit of plastic surgery over the years. If that's the case, plastic surgery typically does not hold up well unless maintained fairly consistently.

I loved Romancing the Stone and Jewel of the Nile. Still two of my favorite adventure films ever.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities