U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2018, 12:26 PM

6,414 posts, read 2,340,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
Another name that I saw that surprised me from the past was Linda Evans of Big Valley and Dynasty fame!
How was Linda Evans involved?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2018, 03:48 PM

1,285 posts, read 443,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
How was Linda Evans involved?
Not sure but there are references in a lot of places.

Just two:

Quote:
“It works because it attracts people who are in extremely intense emotional states,” Mr. Plyam, who has taken three NXIVM courses, said.

He told me he found them “extremely weird” but that many of his classmates, like actress Linda Evans (who was going through a divorce at the time), were instantly converted.
Poor Little Rich Girls: The Ballad of Sara and Clare Bronfman | Observer

Quote:
This wasn't the first time Nxivm had rolled out the red carpet (Dones calls it "love-bombing") for VIPs. They'd done it for Dynasty star Linda Evans and for the uber-wealthy sons and daughters of disgraced Mexican politicians, who had been flocking to Nxivm in droves.

Mack wasn't the first Hollywood catch, but she was a big one — a fan favorite with vivid green eyes and a bubbly charisma.

This was her first exposure to Nxivm, and the group's senior leaders wanted to make it special.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/fe...slaver-1112107

Old 08-27-2018, 06:46 PM

6,414 posts, read 2,340,871 times
I'll have to check out those links.

It does seem Hollywood people are attracted to weird religious beliefs and cults, perhaps to make themselves stand out from the "ordinary people." or who knows why. Now some of them have taken it too far and might do prison time.

Old 08-27-2018, 10:41 PM

10,324 posts, read 12,409,777 times
Quote:
I'll have to check out those links.

It does seem Hollywood people are attracted to weird religious beliefs and cults, perhaps to make themselves stand out from the "ordinary people." or who knows why. Now some of them have taken it too far and might do prison time.
These cults usually have members or a leader that recruit others to join. They are often VERY charismatic and know who they can manipulate to get control. This is established pretty quickly. Once they know this its a steady process and the person winds up mixed up with bad news and get victimized.

This groups leader aside from Mack is a highly intelligent charmer who promised people a dream and instead trapped them in a nightmare. I was floored that Mack is asking for permission to go out and work as an actress. It shows she has no shame and does not believe she did anything wrong. With the recent stronger movement against sex abuse, I think this washed up nutcase will find zilch in regards to work. Im not confident she will do a lot of time. I think she will throw Keith under the bus at the end. She knows she will freak out and not be able to hack it in the big house.

Old 08-28-2018, 03:08 PM

1,285 posts, read 443,242 times
So Happy my Favorite gal didn't get caught up .... Erica Durance!

Old 08-29-2018, 04:34 AM
bUU

11,699 posts, read 8,159,083 times
Quote:
It does seem Hollywood people are attracted to weird religious beliefs and cults...
That is a bit like saying that it seems that politicians are attracted to committing adultery, or that religious clergy are attracted to committing child sexual abuse. None of that is uniquely true about those groups - it is just that our media is structured to bring such news to our attention, when it does occur and can be tied to those groups.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities