U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 05-10-2018, 12:34 AM
 
12,456 posts, read 15,440,311 times
Reputation: 9567

Advertisements

Hey y'all. What do you think of this site?


https://thedirty.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-10-2018, 12:45 AM
 
Location: Southern California
23,542 posts, read 22,987,369 times
Reputation: 21218
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Hey y'all. What do you think of this site?


https://thedirty.com
Not going for the clickbait. Does the site have anything to do with relationships?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2018, 12:52 AM
 
Location: San Antonio/Houston
32,015 posts, read 49,505,116 times
Reputation: 79790
It's a scandal-tracking gossip website that made its name ratting out regular people for their misdeeds.
I guess some people care to read about non-famous people "drama".
https://www.theringer.com/2017/4/19/...h-4a086aa24536
Nik Richie is the founder and contributing editor of the online gossip and "reality internet" website...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2018, 12:57 AM
 
12,456 posts, read 15,440,311 times
Reputation: 9567
I don't see anything about celebrities on there. I just see a current public site slandering regular people in tabloid fashion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2018, 12:58 AM
 
Location: San Antonio/Houston
32,015 posts, read 49,505,116 times
Reputation: 79790
Yes. And has nothing to do with Relationship Forum.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2018, 01:02 AM
 
Location: Southern California
23,542 posts, read 22,987,369 times
Reputation: 21218
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I don't see anything about celebrities on there. I just see a current public site slandering regular people in tabloid fashion.
Do you like gossip and such?

Can't figure out the relevance?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2018, 01:06 AM
 
12,456 posts, read 15,440,311 times
Reputation: 9567
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Do you like gossip and such?

Can't figure out the relevance?

Nope, not at all. It seems like it's a site for people who are scorned after relationships to say some stuff and get back at them. I just posted it to see what people think about it. I have all sorts of feelings about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2018, 01:17 AM
 
Location: Southern California
23,542 posts, read 22,987,369 times
Reputation: 21218
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
Nope, not at all. It seems like it's a site for people who are scorned after relationships to say some stuff and get back at them. I just posted it to see what people think about it. I have all sorts of feelings about it.
Ugh, yikes, geez.

So then maybe you should state your feelings about it.

I'm not interested in clicking unless it's something worth my while but if you want to have a conversation then go ahead.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2018, 01:44 AM
 
12,456 posts, read 15,440,311 times
Reputation: 9567
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerZ View Post
Ugh, yikes, geez.

So then maybe you should state your feelings about it.

I'm not interested in clicking unless it's something worth my while but if you want to have a conversation then go ahead.

I think on one hand, it sucks because it's horrible, evil, negative energy and anybody can make up anything about anyone. A regular, non-rich, non-celebrity person can be ruined by such slander. On the other hand, morality in society is seriously declining and something like this could help set some morally bankrupt people straight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-10-2018, 08:39 AM
 
Location: Colorado
8,282 posts, read 5,633,198 times
Reputation: 15415
Quote:
Originally Posted by srjth View Post
I think on one hand, it sucks because it's horrible, evil, negative energy and anybody can make up anything about anyone. A regular, non-rich, non-celebrity person can be ruined by such slander. On the other hand, morality in society is seriously declining and something like this could help set some morally bankrupt people straight.
Not likely in my opinion.

The kind of people who would go on such a site to slam their ex, have seriously questionable morals in the first place as far as I'm concerned, just like the "revenge porn" people, and the odds that they are setting anyone straight in any way, are slim and none.

A person who is convinced that their ex is a monster, 100% to blame for wronging them, and they themselves are utterly blameless and deserve revenge of some sort, or to punish their ex for something... Well let's just say that is delusional thinking, and tuck in something about living in glass houses and throwing stones, alright?

I guarantee that NO ONE would ever see themselves profiled on such a site and think, "Wow, that person is right, I was really a jerk, I'm gonna try to be better and never do that again." Nope, they'll just get angry, and escalate the situation somehow. Nothing good comes of this.

I mean, my ex threatened my life and those of my kids, and even I don't believe I was blameless in our marriage's failure to be happy or work out. Morality is in fact a very subjective business. A guy whose wife cheated on him, is not more honorable when he beats her up for it, because sex is dirty but violence is noble. But there sure are dudes who think so.

No way I'm clicking that link. Petty lizards trying to shame and slander others? Pass. Disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top