U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2018, 09:57 PM

Location: Where the last of the "Big 3" has retired. Spurs country.
3,055 posts, read 3,632,432 times

Advertisements

I just clicked on the link in the OP again, and the picture of him looking like "death warmed over" is no longer there. So anyone just coming to this thread does not have the picture to view that has been described in many comments on this thread and are probably wondering why we are talking about not recognizing him. The couple pictures that are there show him looking OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2018, 10:13 PM

5,175 posts, read 3,668,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newcomputer View Post
He looks clean cut and just clean. I'm tired of the make up and greasy hair. He looks his age, but he looks okay to me. I'd say the look is for the movie. Maybe he liked it. I do.

I've been a Johnny Depp fan for a long time. Watch some of his work before he became the Keith Richards/Pirate character, on screen and off.

He's a good actor. He doesn't need the clown suit.
Me too. Benny and Joon... loved it. https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/benny_and_joon/

Quote:
Johnny Depp was nominated for a Golden Globe for his astonishing performance in Benny & Joon, though the entire cast is equally impressive. Benny (Aidan Quinn) runs a small car repair shop. He must also take care of his mentally ill sister Juniper, better known as Joon (Mary Stuart Masterson). After losing a bet, Benny is forced to bring another eccentric into his house: Sam (Johnny Depp), the cousin of a friend. Not inclined to conversation, Sam expresses himself by performing Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton routines (and brilliantly!) Not surprisingly, he immediately hits it off with Joon.

Old 06-04-2018, 06:08 AM

13,247 posts, read 11,811,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
He looks sickly. Not a good look for a former "hot" star. If this is on purpose, I wonder what his point is. He's not gonna get any new Hollywood women looking like this.
LOL, please. Johnny hasn't been attractive to me since his 21 Jump Street days, but as long as he's rich and famous, he can always get another golddigger like Amber Heard.

Old 06-04-2018, 08:10 AM

20 posts, read 9,466 times
He looks sickly. Way too thin & awfully pale

Old 06-04-2018, 08:11 AM

18,000 posts, read 3,633,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by italianbella View Post
He looks sickly. Way too thin & awfully pale
Yep...he's either ill or burning the candle at both ends has caught up with him...

Old 06-04-2018, 11:26 AM

1,837 posts, read 859,080 times
if you haven't seen The Astronaut's Wife..... you should

Also like Benny and Joon very much.

He's been around awhile. And he lost weight for a movie role.

and some of us just don't age well

Old 06-04-2018, 12:10 PM

8,106 posts, read 3,938,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Yep...he's either ill or burning the candle at both ends has caught up with him...
Neither. It's for a role.

Old 06-04-2018, 12:18 PM

19,115 posts, read 10,137,245 times
another photo here, I think he looks about how you'd expect. The hat with the super short hair does him no favors.

Old 06-04-2018, 06:52 PM

Location: Where the last of the "Big 3" has retired. Spurs country.
3,055 posts, read 3,632,432 times
I will repeat, the picture that showed him looking like "death warmed over" has been removed from Instagram, per the OP's link. These other pics show him as being OK. That one pic was awful, he was very sickly looking.

Don't be surprised if bad news (ie his death or imminent demise) about him comes out in 2018. Unless I see pics after this particular one, I won't believe he looks like "death warmed over" just for a movie role.

I hope I am wrong!

Old 06-04-2018, 07:01 PM

19,115 posts, read 10,137,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
I will repeat, the picture that showed him looking like "death warmed over" has been removed from Instagram, per the OP's link. These other pics show him as being OK. That one pic was awful, he was very sickly looking.

Don't be surprised if bad news (ie his death or imminent demise) about him comes out in 2018. Unless I see pics after this particular one, I won't believe he looks like "death warmed over" just for a movie role.

I hope I am wrong!
My post right above yours wasn't good enough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities