U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-08-2018, 06:27 AM
 
2,748 posts, read 3,922,791 times
Reputation: 1915

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by brightdoglover View Post
Her husband was quoted today as saying she was in fact being treated with medication and help for anxiety and depression. A marital separation could certainly make those problems worse, but she was getting help. Depression can be lethally painful, to a famous person and not-famous person alike.
I think its possible her worsening state forced the separation instead of the separation causing the depression. With mental health and addiction it becomes very easy to confuse cause and effect. The medication for those problems is also a bit more of a crap shoot than most of us want to admit. And in the end the person who is suffering from the illness needs to be capable of analyzing how the medicine is impacting them. That is a tall order for someone who had to go on medication because they had lost balance or the ability to find an equilibrium.


I came to this thread because of the Bourdain news and noticed this post as well. I think the kind of manic up/downs and grandiosity it takes to progress in creative professions can mask problems. We are too willing to accept it as someone being high-strung or a tortured artist.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-08-2018, 06:48 AM
 
Location: Fort Payne Alabama
1,040 posts, read 1,437,839 times
Reputation: 1955
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
I agree. To me, you don't literally crap on your children for the rest of their lives because Mommy wont seek help because she fears for HER BRAND. WTH is that???
What do you know about mental illness that qualifies you to make such a statement! Yours is probably one of the most ill informed statements I have ever seen on this forum!
Mental illness is just that, you assume someone who is affected thinks like you and me, well you are wrong! A good portion of the time these people are off in their own world and are oblivious to what goes on around them. Bottom line, even with all the professional help in the world, that is not going to suddenly make things OK. Too many people think the solution to mental illness especially Bi-Polar is "A Pill"
Kate probably felt that the issues with her husband were creating severe problems with their daughter and in her mind, removing herself from the equation would solve it.
I post with experience living with our daughter who is Bi-Polar and have 1st hand experience with the highs/lows, excesses of all kinds, and the severe depression this illness can bring.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2018, 12:32 PM
 
6,044 posts, read 7,777,641 times
Reputation: 7467
Kate Spade's estranged sister made the comments (which were published widely) that Kate wouldn't seek help and she was concerned with how any disclosure of her mental issues would affect her brand.

Kate's estranged husband (he was living in his own apartment a few blocks nearby over the last 10 months) said she was getting help or at least was seeing a therapist/doctor.

Overall though what's clear is she battled mental illness and deep Depression for several years and she wasn't getting better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2018, 01:11 PM
 
4,138 posts, read 4,327,003 times
Reputation: 9021
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
What do you know about mental illness that qualifies you to make such a statement! Yours is probably one of the most ill informed statements I have ever seen on this forum!
Mental illness is just that, you assume someone who is affected thinks like you and me, well you are wrong! A good portion of the time these people are off in their own world and are oblivious to what goes on around them. Bottom line, even with all the professional help in the world, that is not going to suddenly make things OK. Too many people think the solution to mental illness especially Bi-Polar is "A Pill"
Kate probably felt that the issues with her husband were creating severe problems with their daughter and in her mind, removing herself from the equation would solve it.
I post with experience living with our daughter who is Bi-Polar and have 1st hand experience with the highs/lows, excesses of all kinds, and the severe depression this illness can bring.


I know A LOT about mental illness, A LOT. AND I'm entitled to my opinion, as you are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2018, 01:18 PM
 
4,138 posts, read 4,327,003 times
Reputation: 9021
Who does this??? this is her husband just what, 2 days after she kills herself. This had to have been a very weird environment for the child.


Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2018, 02:37 PM
 
Location: Richardson, TX
9,790 posts, read 16,428,148 times
Reputation: 23259
Someone famous who doesn’t want the emotions on his face plastered on every website and magazine cover for the scrutiny and analysis of the masses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2018, 03:02 PM
 
4,138 posts, read 4,327,003 times
Reputation: 9021
Obviously I'm not the only one who thinks it is bizarre. It's bizarre.




https://pagesix.com/2018/06/07/kate-...re-mouse-mask/

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/648027...-mask-picture/


https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/fa...7f08feb3ff2400
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-08-2018, 05:48 PM
 
6,928 posts, read 3,393,563 times
Reputation: 24215
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post

Well OF COURSE the news outlets will think it's bizarre. They want grief-stricken pictures!!



You know what I think is bizarre? Shoving a camera in the face of someone who is mourning a loss.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2018, 09:58 AM
 
9,052 posts, read 5,421,474 times
Reputation: 8833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debsi View Post
Someone famous who doesn’t want the emotions on his face plastered on every website and magazine cover for the scrutiny and analysis of the masses.
A hat, sunglasses and looking down might suffice better than a goofy smiling creepy mouse mask. That is the weirdest ***t I have ever seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-12-2018, 12:08 PM
 
1,670 posts, read 757,452 times
Reputation: 3168
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
A hat, sunglasses and looking down might suffice better than a goofy smiling creepy mouse mask. That is the weirdest ***t I have ever seen.
it is weird to me too. he could have worn sunglasses and a hat, or even a hoodie or something like that.

but that whole get up just draws more attention to him. the mask, the yellow backpack, the dirty pants and shoes (i haven't seen wallabees in years!). just weird.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top