U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 08:13 PM

33 posts, read 14,405 times

Advertisements

I saw him in person a few years ago in Rhode Island discussing his passion. He genuinely seemed happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2018, 02:00 AM

8,274 posts, read 4,430,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
Without reading this entire thread...was he on antidepressants (or do we know)?

I can't imagine why these people, if they ARE intent on killing themselves, choose -- of all methods -- hanging. That's the very LAST method I would choose. Why, when pills are readily available? Even fumes from a gas oven would be preferable!

Personally, I wonder if all of these deaths by hanging ARE suicide. Seems the authorities always leap at that conclusion very quickly.
I suppose that depends on how we might see death, from one angle or another.

Certainly taking a shotgun to the head, knew someone who did that, or holding a hunting rifle under the chin, seen a picture of that, is a pretty sure way to end it quickly.........but if one doesn't have at least a backyard, it is very messy for the follow up person.

The way of some monks during the Viet Nam War might seem impossible to most but if one does have such mind over matter controls, then it is plausible.

As far as hanging goes, we have people who do themselves in by accident in autoerotic situations where they just turned the neck the wrong direction.....I imagine they went out like with a sleeper choke.

One thing to the quoted is that some methods don't allow a chance to back out or be saved and some methods do, however the desire to back out/be saved may be formed.

About how we see death, well, you know that question of "why did kamikaze pilots wear a helmet on their mission?"? To someone looking at the question on the outside, it seems irrational, but to such a person flying that plane.........you don't want to be knocked out by the plane bumping around on the way to the destination, do you?

As far as the other statement about who doesn't twitter about all they do? I don't till well after the fact. It's a security thought, about protecting one's self about being predictable. I must have learned that back in my ASW days.

Old 06-13-2018, 01:25 AM

14,799 posts, read 2,641,650 times
Rip

Old 06-13-2018, 02:48 AM

21 posts, read 9,568 times
Anthony tweeted on May 20, "An absolutely fearless off-script nuclear bomb of a speech to a stunned crowd at #Cannes"

Probably the "off-script nuclear bomb" by his girl friend caused him his life.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a5ed7941534b

Old 06-13-2018, 07:27 AM

8,540 posts, read 5,210,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephenngks View Post
Anthony tweeted on May 20, "An absolutely fearless off-script nuclear bomb of a speech to a stunned crowd at #Cannes"

Probably the "off-script nuclear bomb" by his girl friend caused him his life.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a5ed7941534b
I think he was in over his head with that woman.

She is quite creepy, as some of her old tweets are exposed. Apparently she is into some dark stuff. Then she opened her mouth and got him involved in the Weinstein mess.

Many of the celebrities who have committed suicide had questionable partners.

Old 06-13-2018, 10:36 AM

2,467 posts, read 1,132,147 times
The band U-2 did a nice tribute to Mr. Bourdain @ the Apollo Theater in NYC recently.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=HMLeq6NrKrs

Old 06-14-2018, 07:47 AM

4,319 posts, read 5,910,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I think he was in over his head with that woman.

She is quite creepy, as some of her old tweets are exposed. Apparently she is into some dark stuff. Then she opened her mouth and got him involved in the Weinstein mess.

Many of the celebrities who have committed suicide had questionable partners.
I haven’t seen her old tweets and I loathe Harvey Weinstein and what he did to her and others but I thought her speech at Cannes was a bit nuts. She looked demented. And maybe she’s entitled...I don’t know but it looked insane to me.
I’m guessing every man in that room, guilty or not was a little nervous.

Old Yesterday, 05:41 PM

70 posts, read 44,377 times
I believe Anthony Bourdain's deep feelings for Asia Argento left him feeling shocked, humiliated and bereft when he learned of her apparently intimate association with Hugo Clement. No one seems to know exactly how he discovered the betrayal, but on June 3, five days before he killed himself, photos of Asia with Hugo Clement appeared online. According to the New York Post, the photographer who took the pictures of the two dancing after dinner inside a Roman restaurant, said, "Everyone looked at them,” “She looked like a possessed doll . . . a scene of crazy sensuality.”

Then, that same day, the Twitter (below) by RoosterJones3 showed up online.

[url="https://twitter.com/RoosterJones3/status/1004009066199506946"]
@RoosterJones3
Follow Follow @RoosterJones3
More
Replying to @Bourdain @AsiaArgento and 2 others
Hugo Clement banging your girl Tony

7:36 AM - 5 Jun 2018

From what I've read, toxicology reports have not yet been released; when they are, it will not be surprising to learn AB had consumed alcohol or taken medication. By his own admission, he was no stranger to drugs, although he recently said he no longer used them. Imbibing alcohol was a different story. Although perhaps not an alcoholic, he could be seen freely indulging in whatever the locals were having during episodes of Parts Unknown.

While he and Asia Argento's relationship status was described by actress and fellow You-Too'er, Rose McGowan, as one without conventional borders, it seems farfetched to imagine Anthony Bourdain embracing such a label. Tony Bourdain was a man who loved Argento with a crazy intensity that worried his friends. Unfortunately, it appears that Argento underestimated the depth of her boyfriend's feelings for her as well as the implications of such profound emotions. I believe Anthony Bourdain's state of mind after discovering the news about Asia and Hugo Clement led to an impulsive, fatal act possibly potentiated by exhaustion, overwork and alcohol or other substances. Conspiracy theories are circulating, but I do not ascribe his death to murder. Anthony Bourdain was a vocal, opinionated man, but he did not possess the level of political involvement - even in a vicarious sense, i.e. Asia/Weinstein, that would leave him a murder victim.

Anthony Bourdain's suicide has affected me to such an extent that I wanted to know more about him and about Asia Argento. I watched the Rome episode of Parts Unknown last night; this was the episode in which he meets Argento. She seems likeable and down to earth, something Bourdain admired in people. He was never pretentious or condescending, according to those who knew him well and even those he'd become acquainted with on his many food travels. He was an affable, earthy guy with few pretensions. It could be that in Asia Argento he glimpsed certain facets of himself. Sadly, we will never know.

Last edited by StayingAfterSunday; Yesterday at 05:53 PM.. Reason: an afterthought

Old Yesterday, 06:09 PM

3,252 posts, read 4,817,074 times
It's amazing what people seem to think they know/speculate after an event like this. When someone has suffered from depression all their life, it's impossible to know what the final blow was that made him take his own life. I will never know what the final straw was for my sister, but it doesn't really matter.

She made the decision for whatever reason(s) and it was strong enough to knowingly devastate her family and especially her own children. She knew what the impact would be but still chose death over life. It must be an unbelievably powerful impulse over someone.

I have to accept that and so do her children. I guess we all are relieved that her relentless and futile search for happiness and contentment is over.

Let it be that for Anthony Bourdain. I like to think he's at peace at last.

Old Today, 06:11 AM

2,064 posts, read 1,946,348 times
I know that my mom tried to kill herself about 30 yrs ago. She ended up in a coma for 5 days.. they couldn't register brain activity. But thanks be to God... she came out of it. To this day if you ask her why... she says she hasn't a clue. But she had a lot to drink and she figures that had something to do with it making her feel sorry for herself. She hasn't had alcohol since.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities