U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 01:47 AM

8,329 posts, read 4,470,535 times

Advertisements

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...was-81-1122920

Wow, a reminder of how long ago things were.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 02:03 PM
BMI

6,095 posts, read 3,431,570 times
Wow is right. RIP.

I just bought Land of the Giants Complete Series on DVD a week ago.

Deanna Lund was very good looking back then ....50 years ago now.

Old Today, 02:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Wow is right. RIP.

I just bought Land of the Giants Complete Series on DVD a week ago.

Deanna Lund was very good looking back then ....50 years ago now.

I have checked from time to time to buy that but still too expensive for me. What I did do was go through and order those movies of hers that look interesting, that were within my price range to get.

I really never got to see LotG. My family moved to Clark AFB at the time and I was practically heart broken, as a child who didn't get to watch much TV might be. I did get to see some episodes in the 90s but then I was struck how boring it was........before I realized that in syndication, shows get cut to ribbons and everything that builds the tension is removed.

I did catch the Memories on Sci Fi channel in the 90's when she was relating about "a ballerina in a birdcage". The night before the shoot, Irwin Allen had taken the cast out to a party and the champagne was flowing and the next morning, she did not want to be there, was holding on to the bars of the cage and ........

Old Today, 10:35 AM
BMI

6,095 posts, read 3,431,570 times
Yes, Land of the Giants DVD set is very expensive....

I purchased the British PAL version...$40 instesd of $400....

Just need a DVD player that plays PAL DVDs...

Bought one online for only $35.

Iím a British and foreign film nut, so it was well worth it to me.

Old Today, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Yes, Land of the Giants DVD set is very expensive....

I purchased the British PAL version...$40 instesd of $400....

Just need a DVD player that plays PAL DVDs...

Bought one online for only $35.

I’m a British and foreign film nut, so it was well worth it to me.
I bought into regionless players a few years ago. At the time, I think it was either for Judging Amy or Dempsey & Makepeace since they weren't available in US format. Doing so has both made a lot of video available to me and has brought down a lot of prices, such as Doctor Who at half the price.

As it is, I just bought another series, in overseas format, that she had a guest part in one episode. Now, I didn't buy the entire series for Deanna but rather, that it had interesting episodes here and there and as a long running series, it had many interesting guest stars over time.

Looking at my orders earlier in the week when I heard of her demise, I see that one of the movies I ordered is in overseas format but to me it is, "Not a problem! Send it!". It would be a problem if it was PAL VHS, but even I am pretty much out of the VHS market.....pretty much.

Further, you are right, it looks like the current prices in that format as are you say.......so I may reconsider.

There are two things about having a regionless, two things on the up....and on the down.

On the up is that when I am shopping, I just look at the price and the comments and don't give a darn about the format since that doesn't stop me.

The down side? With my library stocks increasing in numbers of those that are oversea formats, it behooves me to keep well in mind the status of my regionless players....and their status in the world. Currently, I have two around, just in case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities