Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 09:41 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,282,843 times

Advertisements

Whatever happened to Heather Mills the ex-wife of ex-Beatle Paul McCartney?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 10:17 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,706,130 times

https://youtube.com/watch?v=DaQ7hJTyd3k

Old 08-26-2018, 10:23 PM

7,373 posts, read 15,934,199 times
She lost a leg. Apart from that.........

There's a story about someone asking McCartney about his courting of Ms. Mills: When someone asked Paul if he had gone down on one-leg to propose marriage, he angrily responded, "Her name is Heather!"

Old 08-26-2018, 10:39 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,282,843 times
I watched that interview. It does seem that she's moved on. It's true that kids today don't know who the Beatles or Paul McCartney is. She doesn't want to talk about him anymore, either. Which is understandable as they were only married for a few years.

Old 08-26-2018, 11:59 PM

20,587 posts, read 8,359,329 times
What she's done since her divorce is much more interesting and important than being married to a pop star.

For some reason the second wives of the Beatles were vilified -- Linda McCartney was until she had several kids and got cancer, then became a martyred saint.

Yoko was unfairly treated and, yes, she has her own problems but if you knew how badly John treated her up until the time they reunited after their big split, you'd be more sympathetic.

George's and Ringo's wives managed to be ignored for the most part, mainly because they had no interests outside of marriage.

Jane Asher and Pattie Boyd were interesting and talented on their own. Read Pattie's autobiography - you would never want to be married to a rock star.

Old 08-27-2018, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
What she's done since her divorce is much more interesting and important than being married to a pop star.

For some reason the second wives of the Beatles were vilified -- Linda McCartney was until she had several kids and got cancer, then became a martyred saint.

Yoko was unfairly treated and, yes, she has her own problems but if you knew how badly John treated her up until the time they reunited after their big split, you'd be more sympathetic.

George's and Ringo's wives managed to be ignored for the most part, mainly because they had no interests outside of marriage.

Jane Asher and Pattie Boyd were interesting and talented on their own. Read Pattie's autobiography - you would never want to be married to a rock star.

First of all, McCartney's only second wife was Heather Mills. She was certainly vilified, as was Yoko Ono, but, by all accounts, Paul and Linda had a good marriage, and I don't recall any vilification of Linda by the public or press.

Same with Ringo's second wife. He was long divorced when he met her, anyway--and if anyone was vilified, it was Ringo--for how he, among other things, beat the crap out of his first wife.

And Poor Pattie Boyd. I read her book. She was a beautiful girl when she married George Harrison at 19, but she had to endure his infidelities, hard drug use, and funks. When he had an affair with Ringo's then-[first] wife, she bolted. Only to relive the whole thing with Eric Clapton, but that's another story.

BTW, George Harrison's second wife wasn't vilified at any point in their marriage, either. I do remember her being lauded as a hero when she came to her husband's defense at their home in England, and clobbered an intruder with a candlestick, vase, or some other nearby object lol.

But vilified? Except for McCartney, I remember the rest of the Beatles being vilified by those " in the know." And with good reason.

Old 08-27-2018, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhyllisDiller'sHair View Post
Linda was constantly beaten up in the press and by fans!

LOL What you're claiming has nothing to do with the post to which I responded.

Paul McCartney was extremely popular at the time, as the "cute Beatle." LOL The fact that jealous FANS reacted by pulling their hair out doesnt mean that she was a vilified second wife. She wasn't even a second wife. And she wasn't "beaten up by the press," either.

Old 08-27-2018, 04:27 PM

20,587 posts, read 8,359,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Paul and Linda had a good marriage, and I don't recall any vilification of Linda by the public or press.
Linda was mocked for her poor singing and piano playing in Wings. There might be a video on youtube where they isolated her track and she sang off key. I blame Paul for trying to turn her into Yoko. She was mocked for her fake northern English accent (Madonna got the same criticism when she lived in Englad) as well as her poor dress sense. She always looked a bit of a mess, to put it bluntly. It's interesting her daughter Stella became a fashion designer and dressed Linda properly later! Although a lot of Stella's clothes are dreadful. She is very hit or miss for me.

British sitcom writer and friend Carla Lane revealed that Linda had thought of getting a divorce. I can't imagine the stress of being married to a man so desperate for adulation.

I will say that Linda was a wonderful photographer so finally got respect toward the end of her life.

Old 08-27-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Linda was mocked for her poor singing and piano playing in Wings. There might be a video on youtube where they isolated her track and she sang off key. I blame Paul for trying to turn her into Yoko. She was mocked for her fake northern English accent (Madonna got the same criticism when she lived in Englad) as well as her poor dress sense. She always looked a bit of a mess, to put it bluntly. It's interesting her daughter Stella became a fashion designer and dressed Linda properly later! Although a lot of Stella's clothes are dreadful. She is very hit or miss for me.

British sitcom writer and friend Carla Lane revealed that Linda had thought of getting a divorce. I can't imagine the stress of being married to a man so desperate for adulation.

I will say that Linda was a wonderful photographer so finally got respect toward the end of her life.

The fact that she was mocked by some for her poor singing had nothing to do with her being a "second wife," even if she HAD been his second wife. (She was a poor singer, BTW lol.)

And yes, she was a very good photographer. I do recall an early article by an uninformed author attributing that to her name (Eastman) when, in fact her father had changed the famy surname early on, to Eastman from Epstein.

An even better (IMO) photographer, was Patti Boyd, who continued with her photography and exhibits after her divorce, and who was responsible for many iconic photos of both of her exes.

Old 08-27-2018, 04:57 PM

3,573 posts, read 2,840,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
She lost a leg. Apart from that.........

There's a story about someone asking McCartney about his courting of Ms. Mills: When someone asked Paul if he had gone down on one-leg to propose marriage, he angrily responded, "Her name is Heather!"

That was a laugh out loud moment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities