U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 03:03 PM

1,396 posts, read 901,377 times

Advertisements

Andrew Lacey Paul and Danica are my faves.
Ditto on Alexa and Carlos..cant watch them.

Used to always see Alicia Witt on the movies, years ago...now not so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2019, 03:40 PM

9,027 posts, read 8,969,973 times
You sometimes see the same actors and actresses in Lifetime movies. In those movies, they can show off their “bad” sides, or play the victims.
Quite a number of the Hallmark regulars co-produce their movies.

Old 01-29-2019, 03:52 PM

5,195 posts, read 1,828,775 times
My husband LOVES LOVES LOVES Hallmark Christmas movies. It's one of many things I find endearing about him.

Old 01-29-2019, 05:09 PM

108 posts, read 17,100 times
The Hallmark movie I watched today, Winter in Love, starred unknown actors. It was bad. This is one of the examples I mentioned earlier about Hallmark going downhill. The acting was so over-the-top to the point that the bit players were by far much better actors than the main characters. And the writing? Clearly, it was one of those crank-em-out scripts written in 14 - 30 days based on the basic formula. No wonder it starred unknowns. The main actress wasn't even likable!

In the past, when Hallmark came out with a movie, it was an absolute treat! You knew you were going to be get that warm fuzzy and strength of determination that only Hallmark could deliver. You were going to finish watching the movie, wanting more, but leaving with hope.

As I said in my first post... Hallmark moviess are ALL about casting these days. When you get your regular, feel-good Hallmark actors, you're in for a treat. When you don't... it's a crap shoot.

Old 01-29-2019, 06:17 PM

56,257 posts, read 39,637,096 times
Natives of Stepford

Old 01-29-2019, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. E. Ryter View Post
The Hallmark movie I watched today, Winter in Love, starred unknown actors. It was bad. This is one of the examples I mentioned earlier about Hallmark going downhill. The acting was so over-the-top to the point that the bit players were by far much better actors than the main characters. And the writing? Clearly, it was one of those crank-em-out scripts written in 14 - 30 days based on the basic formula. No wonder it starred unknowns. The main actress wasn't even likable!

In the past, when Hallmark came out with a movie, it was an absolute treat! You knew you were going to be get that warm fuzzy and strength of determination that only Hallmark could deliver. You were going to finish watching the movie, wanting more, but leaving with hope.

As I said in my first post... Hallmark moviess are ALL about casting these days. When you get your regular, feel-good Hallmark actors, you're in for a treat. When you don't... it's a crap shoot.
You may remember the “Hallmark Hall of Fame” movies that used to be broadcast about a few times a year on ABC, CBS, or NBC. They used to get A-list talent.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dZh2SNZgt0g

Old 01-30-2019, 12:10 PM

I may be an old fogey, but I think television was better when there were fewer networks. When most broadcast the same thing around the clock, there’s less memorable programming.

Old 02-11-2019, 07:22 PM

2,328 posts, read 1,056,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
What characteristics should be present in actors and actresses good for Hallmark movies?
Here is the best of the best for Hallmark Movies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMZCWGyk388

Old 02-17-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I may be an old fogey, but I think television was better when there were fewer networks. When most broadcast the same thing around the clock, there’s less memorable programming.
I couldn't agree more.

Old 02-17-2019, 09:53 AM

Just to balance out the negative post I made about Hallmark movies (with unknown actors) being hit or miss (mostly miss), I did just watch one that I enjoyed. It's called Winter Love Story. It helped that it was about writers, too!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or