U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2019, 09:59 AM

3,638 posts, read 1,800,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouldy Old Schmo View Post
I think there will eventually come a point where where someone at Hallmark will say “Let’s do something different”.
No way. Their target audience apparently likes the same old stuff. Hallmark even runs their Christmas movies off-season, which only proves how popular they are with their audience. Mind-boggling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 10:00 PM

108 posts, read 17,100 times
I love the Hallmark "formula." From what I've seen, I think Hallmark already has tried to vary their format to try things that are a little different. Speaking for myself, I see the compromise in quality, which Hallmark was synonymous with. When you sat down to watch a Hallmark film, you knew you were in for a great time and would walk away with that trademark, one-of-a-kind, anything's possible, uplifting, memorable and heart-warming boost.

But, for awhile now, they've watered down their tried and true, beloved formula in order to crank out movies like they're airport novels. The result has been more emphasis on formula and less attention to quality. It shows. Even so, I still love Hallmark! Hallmark's worst movies are so much better than 99.9% of what Hollywood movie studios produce.

I just finished watching Love, Romance & Chocolate with Lacey Chabert and Will Kemp. While I wouldn't put it on my list of favorite movies, or call it a Hallmark Classic, I still thoroughly enjoyed it.

I can't wait for the new Chronicle Mysteries series with Alison Sweeney! (A definite favorite, and quintessential Hallmark actress!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or