U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2019, 04:48 PM
BMI

7,018 posts, read 4,169,569 times

Advertisements

His next role needs to be in an orange jump suit....
practicing dropping the soap

Old 02-22-2019, 04:59 PM

20,756 posts, read 9,698,603 times
Smollett needs to pay the penalty for his crime...assuming he is found guilty.

But when people screw up...in fact, perhaps especially when they screw up, others -- if they're good, moral people --ought to have a little compassion. We've all done stupid stuff in our lives, and most of us were lucky and got away with "it".

Old 02-22-2019, 05:16 PM

3,629 posts, read 1,022,845 times
He's now claiming to have a drug problem - presumably to try to get a lighter sentence.

Old 02-22-2019, 06:11 PM

5,931 posts, read 2,944,678 times
One detail I only heard today:

According to JS's story to the cops, he had gone out in 11-degree cold at 3am because he wanted a Subway sandwich. He was attacked on his way back to his apartment with the sandwich. When the cops arrived 45 minutes later at his apartment, the cops took note of the unopened, intact sandwich on a table. An investigator later pointed out to a supervisor that if a person is attacked/beaten up/mugged on the street, doused with bleach and a noose placed around his neck, etc.....don't you think the sandwich would have been dropped/damaged/sacrificed at some point?

That one's right up there with his paying the brothers with a check.

Old 02-23-2019, 12:36 AM

20,756 posts, read 9,698,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
He's now claiming to have a drug problem - presumably to try to get a lighter sentence.
Well, if the phone records showed a conversation about ecstasy, then I guess it's not made up.

Old 02-23-2019, 04:54 PM

15,426 posts, read 24,415,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Praline View Post
Your response is disgusting. I don't think any human beings look like an ape. Racism in any form is despicable and unforgiveable. Roseanne's career should be over and so should Jussie Smollett's.

my point that I was trying to make was Roseanne called someone a "name", BIG DEAL, we have all been called a name we didnt like at some point in our lives, so spare me.

Jussie made up a story, got Police involved in a fradulent scheme, to to me, but Im disgusting, that is much more serious than calling someone a "name" and getting fired

he diminished all the people that truly were attacked and harmed, rather than someone being called a "name"..............

Old 02-23-2019, 06:00 PM

19,456 posts, read 12,730,783 times
Tawana Brawley did it better: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tawana...pe_allegations

Old 02-23-2019, 06:19 PM

15,426 posts, read 24,415,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post

oh yes, I remember that.

and Bill Cosby bought her a expensive bracelet, poor thing. thats when I didnt like him anymore.

she made the whole story up, but, to this day, every month, she makes out a check to one of the officers she accused, I saw a documentary on that. The officer said, she will never forget me, as she writes a check to me, monthly, something to that effect.

Old 02-23-2019, 06:47 PM

29,345 posts, read 46,286,258 times
Make him pay for the entire cost of the faux investigation
Then throw his ass in jail

I don’t want to hear anyone try to claim “everyone makes mistakes”
This was NOT A MISTAKE
This was a deliberate attempt to use his race and his sexual identity as a meme to gain sympathy for himself in a false narrative HE DEVISED...
A mistake is something inadvertent people do BY ACCIDENT
You forget milk at the store
Forget to call your mom (maybe that is a little deliberate)
Back into someone’s car trying to park
Show up late to dinner or for drinks w/friends
Don’t clean the sink after you use it

Those are all mistakes people make
They aren’t crimes...
And they don’t attempt to take offensive advantage other people’s sacrifice and suffering

Calling what he did a “mistake” is like saying Hitler’s genocide was a “mistake”—
Not the same magnitude I grant you
But the same callous nature and disrespecting of other people’s suffering...

Old 02-25-2019, 05:04 AM

21,077 posts, read 21,234,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Make him pay for the entire cost of the faux investigation
Then throw his ass in jail

I don’t want to hear anyone try to claim “everyone makes mistakes”
This was NOT A MISTAKE
This was a deliberate attempt to use his race and his sexual identity as a meme to gain sympathy for himself in a false narrative HE DEVISED...
A mistake is something inadvertent people do BY ACCIDENT
You forget milk at the store
Forget to call your mom (maybe that is a little deliberate)
Back into someone’s car trying to park
Show up late to dinner or for drinks w/friends
Don’t clean the sink after you use it

Those are all mistakes people make
They aren’t crimes...
And they don’t attempt to take offensive advantage other people’s sacrifice and suffering

Calling what he did a “mistake” is like saying Hitler’s genocide was a “mistake”—
Not the same magnitude I grant you
But the same callous nature and disrespecting of other people’s suffering...
oh, well played! I hadn't considered the genocide angle, will use this one at work today.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities