U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2019, 06:29 AM

29,341 posts, read 46,286,258 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
oh, well played! I hadn't considered the genocide angle, will use this one at work today.
I admit that is on the far end of the spectrum of “mistakes” but people use MISTAKE to minimize someone’s responsibility for some act or event or comment that turns out very negative

The car assault at Charlottesville—“a mistake”
The false accusation against the Duke lacrosse team—“ a mistake”
The Enron fraud/theft consiracy—“a mistake”
Anything Kardashian related—“a mistake”

Most of those people started that “mistake” with conscious intent—
They knew what they were doing was wrong
They just didn’t care at the time because they thought THEIR needs would be best served by what they chose to set in motion
Then they were rolled over by their own snowballing event...

A TRUE mistake is something untoward—something that happens more by accident than design

synonyms: error, fault, inaccuracy, omission, slip, blunder, miscalculation, misunderstanding, flaw, oversight, misinterpretation, fallacy, gaffe, faux pas, solecism, misapprehension, misconception, misreading;

Those imply/connotate the absence of intent...

Choosing a deliberate course of action that results in negative consequences is more than just a “mistake”
And if it involves breaking the law then it become the basis of INTENT to commit a crime...
Having it result in negative outcome is JUSTICE
Not a “mistake”...

Old 02-25-2019, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielAvery View Post
One detail I only heard today:

According to JS's story to the cops, he had gone out in 11-degree cold at 3am because he wanted a Subway sandwich. He was attacked on his way back to his apartment with the sandwich. When the cops arrived 45 minutes later at his apartment, the cops took note of the unopened, intact sandwich on a table. An investigator later pointed out to a supervisor that if a person is attacked/beaten up/mugged on the street, doused with bleach and a noose placed around his neck, etc.....don't you think the sandwich would have been dropped/damaged/sacrificed at some point?

That one's right up there with his paying the brothers with a check.
Maybe he could have been carrying it in the pocket of his coat (it was cold) and so it was just along for the ride

I am intrigued by the ability to track him and the brothers via the camera system — public and private—in Chicago
That is really lot more sophisticated than I think most cities have from what I understand—at least the organizational method the CPD has is very upscale...
Reminds me of London police in the crime dramas I watch can access street video—
There are way more public cameras in London than in other large US cities

Old 02-25-2019, 06:58 PM

5,930 posts, read 2,944,678 times
I would think the increasing number of people with private security cameras covering the areas in and around their property would also help support a case such as this. When you have this patchwork of privately-owned cameras capturing snippets of the movements on the streets (snippets that can be stitched together to form a 'map' of suspects' movements), you have essentially twenty/thirty unassailable 'witnesses' to the events backing up each other's recordings, not just one city-owned camera that might be damaged or even inoperable. The greater number of individual angles and qualities of the camera systems also allow many more chances of making an identity match.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:00 PM

13,720 posts, read 5,812,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
He's now claiming to have a drug problem - presumably to try to get a lighter sentence.
I think that’s a good way to get to do a lot of your time in a rehab facility first. I’ve known someone else who did that, but he actually did have a drug problem and it was drug charges.

I definitely think Jussie has some drug problems as well. Anyone who came up with a genius plan like this - mailing white powder in a threatening letter, not adjusting the timeline to do it when more people were out and about instead of one of the coldest nights of the year in Chicago, and paying the accomplices with a check of all things - had to be high!

Old 02-25-2019, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghengis View Post
oh, well played! I hadn't considered the genocide angle, will use this one at work today.
You didn’t think of it even with a name like Ghengis lol.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Maybe he could have been carrying it in the pocket of his coat (it was cold) and so it was just along for the ride

I am intrigued by the ability to track him and the brothers via the camera system — public and private—in Chicago
That is really lot more sophisticated than I think most cities have from what I understand—at least the organizational method the CPD has is very upscale...
Reminds me of London police in the crime dramas I watch can access street video—
There are way more public cameras in London than in other large US cities
That’s sort of a good news/bad news kind of thing for me. Good they can catch criminals, but an extreme invasion of privacy too.

Old 02-25-2019, 07:46 PM

20,756 posts, read 9,698,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
That’s sort of a good news/bad news kind of thing for me. Good they can catch criminals, but an extreme invasion of privacy too.
How much privacy do you expect to have when you are out on a public street?

Old 02-25-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Whose privacy? Do you even understand what you are protesting???

The people were on public sidewalks—there is NO expectation of privacy in open public space
The people with the doorbell cameras can VOLUNTEER to have their content available to the City’s Police Data Control...as matter of course—if they want to—so package thieves can be caught in real time for example...

The police didn’t even need a warrant for any of these videos from the article I read
They ASKED for owners w/cameras in certain areas to check their footage and notify them if there was anything that might fit the narrative—
When they initially BELIVEVED his story—
At first it was about catching the criminals who assaulted him
Then when the evidence seemed to find cracks in his story the video pointed to a different scenario and they extended the search parameters...

I guess that is the problem working on show where screenwriters ignore reality in favor of ratings...

And if the brothers are tying to play semantics now and claim they weren’t paid to do this—that the check was for training/diet instruction then see what kind of plea deal they get...

Old 02-26-2019, 05:49 AM

683 posts, read 340,969 times
Quote:
Cameras recording on a public street there is no invasion of privacy.

Old 02-26-2019, 06:13 AM
Status: "the fruit of the womb is his reward" (set 6 days ago)

4,052 posts, read 770,585 times
Maybe he really does have a drug problem. (clearly something bad is wrong with him) Maybe he will go to rehab, get off drugs, brain fog clear up, eyes opened, realize that white isn't evil, realize that he has been indoctrinated by radicals, start to think for himself, start his life anew. One can hope.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities