U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2019, 09:58 AM

20,756 posts, read 9,698,603 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Maybe he really does have a drug problem. (clearly something bad is wrong with him) Maybe he will go to rehab, get off drugs, brain fog clear up, eyes opened, realize that white isn't evil, realize that he has been indoctrinated by radicals, start to think for himself, start his life anew. One can hope.
I've tended to follow his career...he and his family are "interesting". His mother was apparently close to Angela Davis and the Black Panthers. When I think back to his appearances on daytime talk shows, he tends to pander to the present audience. He acts very differently when the host and audience are primarily white (talking about things like "The Sound Of Music"), than when he's out picketing or raising funds for the Black Aids Institute. I don't think he's figured out who he is, and I think he's got a few loose screws. He seems desperate for acceptance.

Old 02-26-2019, 10:17 AM

8,882 posts, read 6,568,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Maybe he really does have a drug problem. (clearly something bad is wrong with him) Maybe he will go to rehab, get off drugs, brain fog clear up, eyes opened, realize that white isn't evil, realize that he has been indoctrinated by radicals, start to think for himself, start his life anew. One can hope.

What's wrong with him is hate.

Part of it is political hate, part of it is hate due to an overinflated view of his self worth.

He combined the two together, was blinded by both, and here's where we are.

he's far from the first this has happened to. though, yeah.. He came up with a somewhat unique way to express his hate.

Old 02-26-2019, 01:06 PM

1,617 posts, read 3,554,562 times
You know, when this story first came out I was in disbelief of its authenticity. And when Jussie did his interview I was not sold. He did bot have the disposition of a victim or an angry victim.

Whatever his reasons he has majorly messed up and this unfortunately has implications for his co-stars and also his siblings who are still in the industry.

Old 02-26-2019, 01:07 PM

33,365 posts, read 40,819,899 times
The Gay Tupac will bounce back.

Old 02-26-2019, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
The Gay Tupac will bounce back.
I know...that was dumbest thing he said.

Old 02-26-2019, 02:58 PM

29,345 posts, read 46,286,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
I know...that was dumbest thing he said.
no the dumbest thing he said was “I was attacked”

The other comment is hubristic — a different class of self destruction IMO

Old 02-26-2019, 03:07 PM

5,511 posts, read 2,510,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
The thing is, I don't understand why he would do this. He is/was a successful actor, from a family of successful actors. I've seen him on talk shows and he didn't seem particularly egotistical or bad mannered or weird in any way. Why would he need to introduce this craziness into his life? It just doesn't make sense to me that he would think up a plan to cause strife about race or homosexuality, then go to the trouble to find someone to go in it with him, then enact the whole ruse. Could someone be that much of an attention seeker? Or that stupid? Because there doesn't seem to be any other benefit to this action. It's just odd, and I keep thinking something else will come to light.
I concur. Truth is stranger then fiction.
It's easier to believe a piece of a fact without getting the entire story. Fill in the blanks is a dangerous way to conclude. I'll wait this out...

Old 02-26-2019, 03:19 PM

29,345 posts, read 46,286,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 601halfdozen0theother View Post
The thing is, I don't understand why he would do this. He is/was a successful actor, from a family of successful actors. I've seen him on talk shows and he didn't seem particularly egotistical or bad mannered or weird in any way. Why would he need to introduce this craziness into his life? It just doesn't make sense to me that he would think up a plan to cause strife about race or homosexuality, then go to the trouble to find someone to go in it with him, then enact the whole ruse. Could someone be that much of an attention seeker? Or that stupid? Because there doesn't seem to be any other benefit to this action. It's just odd, and I keep thinking something else will come to light.
Just because there is no logic to what he is accused of doing doesn’t make it implausible or inaccurate===
People do stupid/ill-advised/illogical/self-destructive acts all the time
They just tell themselves it will be a positive event

Look at all the people who start smoking after all the evidence of the danger coming via that activity
Look at all the people who have unprotected sex
Look at all the people who speed, drive under the influence, text while driving
Look at all the parents who are not involved in their kids’ lives but prefer to let them have lot of freedom because that is easier for the parents
Look at all the company leaders who enrich themselves and ignore their workers

I could go on and on
The point is—just because what he is accused of doing sounds implausible to you and most rational people, doesn’t mean it is impossible or made-up by the police to implicate him...
But you are right—wait for the full police investigation to be made public at trial...

Old 02-28-2019, 10:36 AM

12,539 posts, read 17,143,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandviewGloria View Post
Daily Mail has pics of them. They're HOT! ( https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-brothers.html )

I have to wonder what other services he might have been paying them for, on occasion.
You may want to put your eye glasses on.

Old 02-28-2019, 11:25 AM

I saw a very interesting podcast segment yesterday where Dr. Phil was being interviewed, including about the Smollett case. He said this fits a pattern of some people who feel they are constantly being oppressed, but nobody's paying attention to their complaints. So they decide to do a hoax, and justify it in their mind as just dressing up what's happening to them in their everyday life. I think that makes sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities