U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2019, 12:18 PM

211 posts, read 73,933 times

Advertisements

For instance, so many people thinking Lady GaGa and Bradley Cooper are an item just because of their performance at the Oscars? Itís called acting and trying to drum up the exact thing people are talking about. Or being moved by her speech and saying she is a true artist. She and most performers have a full PR team that markets them. They in most cases are just a person to fit an image created by agents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2019, 02:03 PM

22,547 posts, read 4,757,394 times
I don't know why people are so gullible....but they are with celebrities. They don't seem to realize celebs are just people, like the rest of us.

Maybe it's wondering what it's like to be megarich. Maybe it's admiration gone amok. Or jealousy, fascination, or even adoration. I knew a woman who watched the horrible Kardashian show, she wanted her hair to look like one of the sisters...

Oh dear. Imitating celebs is just pitiful. Maybe the public needs a life instead of focusing on actors,
musicians etc. Living life through celebrities is just sad....

Old 02-27-2019, 09:37 PM

14,707 posts, read 21,165,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
For instance, so many people thinking Lady GaGa and Bradley Cooper are an item just because of their performance at the Oscars? Itís called acting and trying to drum up the exact thing people are talking about. Or being moved by her speech and saying she is a true artist. She and most performers have a full PR team that markets them. They in most cases are just a person to fit an image created by agents.
They have chemistry acting or not.

Old 02-28-2019, 01:01 AM

3,572 posts, read 1,007,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
Yep. And I don't think it was an act.

Old 03-01-2019, 11:43 AM

3,264 posts, read 1,802,224 times
I happen to be confident that a certain couple is PR. I won't say who. Then there was another couple in the past that hooked up because of being in a movie together and I didn't buy it at least from the guy's side so I'm well aware of PR (I also had an off feeling about every celeb that has come out of the closet so far that I know of) but it isn't the case with Lady Gaga and Bradley.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redplum33 View Post
Yep. And I don't think it was an act.
I honestly thought they were already married and that was before the Oscar performance. I haven't even watched the movie so it wasn't me being gullible. They definitely have chemistry so what's fake is her saying it's just acting. Maybe they're not an item. Maybe they're just really good friends. There's always a possibility I'm wrong but I'm usually not on these things being that I'm in tune with feelings of people I can see hence why I thought they were already married. The feelings were so strong for me that I ignored everything else in reality.
Sometimes people are just good friends but sometimes life imitates art. Whatever they are they obviously have a close relationship. You can't fake chemistry.

Last edited by Nickchick; 03-01-2019 at 11:52 AM..

Old 03-02-2019, 06:14 AM

10,396 posts, read 2,799,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
I don't know why people are so gullible....but they are with celebrities. They don't seem to realize celebs are just people, like the rest of us.

Maybe it's wondering what it's like to be megarich. Maybe it's admiration gone amok. Or jealousy, fascination, or even adoration. I knew a woman who watched the horrible Kardashian show, she wanted her hair to look like one of the sisters...

Oh dear. Imitating celebs is just pitiful. Maybe the public needs a life instead of focusing on actors,
musicians etc. Living life through celebrities is just sad....
Oh, it's much worse than that.

Here is a Huffington Post article from 2015:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b0d4093a59659f

^^^^^

Title of the article.....More People Are Getting Plastic Surgery To Look Like The Kardashians

Subtitle of the article.....Kylie Jenner is doing wonders for the lip injection industry.

from the article...."British cosmetic surgery practice, Transform, claims they've seen a 73 percent increase in inquiries from patients who cite America's favorite reality TV family as inspiration for getting a little work done"

This same place, Transform, says that -- overnight -- they saw a 700 percent rise in inquiries for lip injections in May of 2015 after Kylie Jenner admitted to getting lip injections.

The article says this is also true in the U.S...that experts have told People magazine that there's been an increase in people seeking out traeatments and surgeries because they want to look more like the Kardashians .

What prompted me to look up a link was remembering that Dr. Dubrow from the TV series 'Botched' mentioning that many patients come in wanting to look like a particular Kardashian...usually Kim.

Low and behold, at the end of this article Dr. Dubrow is quoted...and about that.

I imagine Kylie's people were able to see the internet surge that the British firm saw, and that may have prompted her to develop her lip kit. She launched her lip kit three months later as it's own little venture, which is now worth $900 million.

IMO, their looks don't justify becoming 'beauty icons'. I wonder if some think "If I look like one of them I have some sort of chance of landing a rapper or a professional athlete as a boyfriend or husband" .

Or perhaps they are experiencing that some young men have essentially been groomed, via media influence, to seek out Kardashian lookalikes...IDK.

Old 03-03-2019, 02:35 PM

13,542 posts, read 12,268,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
I personally donít really care about Lady Gaga or Bradley Cooper and I didnít see their movie, but lots of people enjoy ďshippingĒ celebrities as a romantic pairing even when they arenít actually together. Why? Maybe itís just for fun and they like to fantasize about it. I have my own celebrity dream couple that I like to ship in my mind even though the guy is married to someone else, but I just personally think theyíd be hot together and Iíd like to see it happen someday. Now I just need them to get onboard with my ideas!

Old Yesterday, 04:48 PM

1,579 posts, read 628,114 times
The result could've gone both ways. There really could've been something that showed itself at the Oscars...or not. It's only because Lady Gaga cleared the air that OP is able to make this comment.

This reminds me of when Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood performed together, they looked REALLY comfortable with each other, beyond just having chemistry on stage. Fans even speculated if there was something more...and it turned out to be true. Garth and Trisha ended up getting married. So you never know. A seemingly romantic performance together could mean really good acting or it could mean they do like each other romantically.

Old Yesterday, 05:54 PM

56,519 posts, read 39,799,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post

I don't think she relied on anyone but herself to create her image, and Tony Bennett certainly didn't do an album with her because she isn't talented.

Old Today, 12:19 PM

15,421 posts, read 24,394,953 times
i dont know why the public always wants a "celebrity romance", seriosuly, who the ef would give a rats arzz

they sang a song together, big deal....does the public now want them to be married and have 43 kids and a white picket fence???

ugh???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities