U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2019, 06:21 PM

8,613 posts, read 5,368,592 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Ms. Helmond was rather fair and always "thin" (except for a generous bust line), which IMHO may have made her seem "older" looking as she progressed into and past middle age.

Not the bust part, but the thin frame, hair, etc.. fragile features.

Doris Roberts was 90 when she passed, and I for one never would have guessed she was that old.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doris_Roberts
I loved SOAP from the beginning. And Chuck and Bob's comment when "they" were introduced to Jessica always made me LOL.

RIP Katherine Helmond
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2019, 08:27 PM

6,748 posts, read 8,981,330 times
She also played the part of the team owner in the later episodes of 'Coach'.

Old 03-06-2019, 08:48 PM

33,220 posts, read 9,840,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Yes, sad thing that though married twice Ms. Helmond never had children of her own.

It wasn't sad where she and her husband were concerned--theirs was a conscious decision not to have children.

Also, I remember her mentioning often that she was 10 years older than her husband. So often, in fact, that people (i.e., Johnny Carson) felt comfortable bringing it up on program appearances. Turns out she'd shaved five years off her age during the height of her popularity, and was actually 15 years older.

Old Today, 04:40 PM

45,312 posts, read 36,187,830 times
I'll have to admit, Katherine Helmond always had a hot element to her, yet did sport a more experienced, matriarchal, and distinguished presence. It was an unusual combination, but it worked very well for her on two TV comedy shows. And it also didn't hurt that she was a native Texan (She's from Galveston). Certainly a fine, comedic talent who will be missed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or