U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 04:23 PM

5,003 posts, read 7,851,525 times

Advertisements

Well, his ashes were scattered on Monday, March 11th on his Tennessee farm where he was a part-time resident. TMZ really does have the latest info faster than other sources.

I don't know about you guys, but it's going to take me a while here to accept the fact that he's gone forever. Less than 2 wks ago, he was still alive doing his normal activity. No other celebrity's death has affected me like this & I don't really know why. And no other celeb's death will affect me like this. I really liked him as an actor, but he's just one of those unforgettable people I guess. There's something really special about him.

BTW, a few of Perry's costars including his own daughter have been shamed by the public for not grieving the way the public thinks she should. That's wrong of the public to do.

Last edited by Forever Blue; 03-15-2019 at 04:32 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 06:09 PM

10,935 posts, read 9,898,612 times
I understand, Forever Blue. I did pretty much the same thing when Elvis died. Watched all his movies, played his records over and over, listened to the radio 24/7. Eventually, I came back to reality. I didn't let myself do that when Glenn Frey died, though. I was much older and realized that our favorite actors and musicians die but I had lost so many family members over the years that I've learned to accept death as a part of life and that it will happen to every one of us. For that reason, I just try to enjoy every day I'm given, now. Hope your grief subsides soon. Spring is right around the corner and it's one of the best times in the year to realize life goes on when you see flowers, trees and everything coming to life after a long dark winter.

Old 03-15-2019, 07:21 PM

4,950 posts, read 2,088,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurcoLoco View Post
RIP.

Young, but not for stroke. A lot of people think 50 is too young for a stroke, it is not.

Excessive stress - Mother of most health problems as far as I am concerned
Smoking, drinking, etc.
Bad diet
Lack of regular exercising
Lack of meditation

Old 03-16-2019, 07:52 AM

10,707 posts, read 2,860,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
I understand, Forever Blue. I did pretty much the same thing when Elvis died. Watched all his movies, played his records over and over, listened to the radio 24/7. Eventually, I came back to reality. I didn't let myself do that when Glenn Frey died, though. I was much older and realized that our favorite actors and musicians die but I had lost so many family members over the years that I've learned to accept death as a part of life and that it will happen to every one of us. For that reason, I just try to enjoy every day I'm given, now. Hope your grief subsides soon. Spring is right around the corner and it's one of the best times in the year to realize life goes on when you see flowers, trees and everything coming to life after a long dark winter.
The woman I came the closest to marrying was in Memphis with her parents (visiting friends of her parents) the day Elvis died (she was in high school at the time, and lived on the East Coast). It was interesting hearing what happened/what they did. They were part of the crowd outside both days (the day he died, and the next day). My mother loved Elvis probably as much as it sounds like you do, and she loved hearing about that experience from my girlfriend.

Old 03-16-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereOnMars View Post
Thanks for the comments. I'm not obsessed or thinking about it 24/7 or anything & I can definitely still function w/ what I have to do in my life. It's just a tiny somber feeling inside, you know & that feeling of woah, he's no longer living.

FYI: Anyone have the Reelz cable channel? They're showing a documentary about his life tomorrow night, Sunday, March 17th at 9p EST / 8p PST:

https://www.reelz.com/luke-perry-words/

I don't get that channel I don't believe...wish I did. I'd pay someone $5 to make me a DVD & send it to me.

Old Today, 12:06 PM

Fun Fact:

Luke Perry's son, Jack Perry aka pro wrestler Jungle Boy is wrestling buddies to the wrestling brothers the Young Bucks who are the brothers of my fiance's SIL.

Never met any of them (other than fiance's SIL).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or