U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2019, 12:37 PM

13,554 posts, read 18,305,639 times

Advertisements

Lori Lauglin must have lead a charmed life if she thinks this is her worst night mare . news flash lori there are folks in the world suffering from health crisis and etc so she needs humbling and im sure the Lord would be more than willing to give her one she is so far removed from reality it is pathetic . typical Hollywood elite who care only about themselves .

Old 03-22-2019, 06:40 AM

8,227 posts, read 10,532,272 times
The entitled feeling that these parents must have. Wow. I wonder if they're humbled by all of this now or just trying to find ways to get out of it. Imagine this is your role model as one of their kids. The kids will suffer for this in more ways than one even though they might not understand it now.

Old Yesterday, 09:35 AM

970 posts, read 196,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Wow.

Lori Loughlin ‘Believed Her Heart Was in Right Place’ Helping Her Daughters:"
https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...yhQ?li=BBnb7Kz
The article keeps quoting "a source." My guess is the source Lori's publicist.

Old Yesterday, 11:42 PM

6,354 posts, read 10,548,339 times
A person has to be delusional if they didn't think such scam/deception didn't exist almost every part of the society/life, and around the world in general.

Only illusion in this story is the involvement of high profile people with good public image and reputation, but it wouldn't be much of a deception or shocking news to us if these people had derogatory images prior to this incident.

Nothing shocks me any more. It goes to show you, everyone with screwed up morals can commit a crime, whether they have money or not.

I wonder how many of the people disgusted with their action might have done the same if they were in their shoes (lots of money and had academically not-so-bright kid(s))?

Easy to say "I'd never ..." when you never have been or could ever be in the position to.

That said, I am not condoning their actions. It is shameful.

Old Today, 01:17 AM

6,777 posts, read 8,355,231 times
What's really stupid to me is these Hollywood kids weren't ever going to use those educations in the first place. Think about people who go to top tier schools and what they do after college. Some go on into masters' programs, or law school or medical school, a lot get their first corporate jobs, in finance or management consulting or high tech. But if you can't make the grades and compete with the smarty pants in your school, and graduate, what good is saying you went to such and such university.

You don't need a college education and certainly not one from a competitive top school to be a "social media influencer" or "party girl."

That's the irony here. These parents lied and cheated to get their kids into top schools and the kids weren't smart enough to do it themselves nor did the kids even want to go. Loughlin's daughter hardly bothered to go to class. This was all for the parents to have bragging rights and feel like successful parents. Total fail.

Old Today, 02:10 AM

1,019 posts, read 486,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Loughlin's daughter has decided not to return to USC.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebri...cam/ar-BBUPriU
I read a recent article about USC's response to the "University of Spoiled Children" label. There is a lot of student resentment being vocalized on campus about the scandal. It has tarnished their reputation, and they are rightfully mad.

In the film "Stand and Deliver" these Mexican American teens from East LA passed the AP exam easily but were accused of cheating due to the racism of the time. The College Board made them retake the test under maximized scrutiny, but the students did very well. The film shows one of the Mexican American teens, a girl, leaving the AP exam for a recruitment visit to USC.

So, USC has actually reached out to impoverished communities of Los Angeles to help students from poor families attend college. They do have a record of that, but it's deeply buried under the current negative scrutiny which is sad.

As for UCLA, I am a fan of college soccer and have seen many games back east. I know soccer is a grueling sport and very hard to excel. It takes a lifetime of practice starting at early childhood with many years to build the coordination and VO2 max needed to sustain a competitive pace in D1 soccer. I am confident the majority of players at UCLA earned their spot, but the one girl involved in the scandal has tarnished it for the rest of them who had worked all their lives to achieve the athletic ability to play at that level. Soccer is very difficult for finding success since it's brutally competitive. That scandal is not fair to those players.

The scandal has been disappointing all around. But now retribution is coming through the legal process.

Old Today, 05:58 AM

14,986 posts, read 14,405,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
I read a recent article about USC's response to the "University of Spoiled Children" label. There is a lot of student resentment being vocalized on campus about the scandal. It has tarnished their reputation, and they are rightfully mad.
It doesn't help that USC is barely recovering from the previous two issues that had badly tarnished their reputation:
https://www.cnn.com/2019/02/13/us/us...ent/index.html
and
https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/...530-story.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by grad_student200 View Post
As for UCLA...... I am confident the majority of players at UCLA earned their spot, but the one girl involved in the scandal has tarnished it for the rest of them who had worked all their lives to achieve the athletic ability to play at that level.
Unfortunately, it sounds as if it was not just one student.

UCLA men’s soccer coach Jorge Salcedo indicted in college bribery case, placed on leave/The second-longest tenured coach in UCLA men's soccer history is alleged to have taken up to $200,000 in bribes:
https://www.ocregister.com/2019/03/1...aced-on-leave/

Old Today, 10:51 AM

15,149 posts, read 27,172,524 times
Since this thread is no longer about the celebrities it is time to close.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or