U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2019, 07:45 PM

5,958 posts, read 2,960,497 times

Advertisements

It's typical of the modern media that they have established Loughlin and Huffman as the "faces" of this scandal, since they have name recognition. They're two out of at least 40 people currently in hot water, and I struggle to find the names of more than three others who are just as guilty.

That said, I am still amazed that Loughlin (whom I have liked since her days as Jody Travis on The Edge of Night) thought she had to pay $500k to get her daughters into college (one of which apparently never wanted to go). That's far more money than USC would have charged for tuition, etc. It would have been more cost-effective to just write the two girls checks for that amount and let them find their own way. Loughlin was younger than either of her daughters when she snagged a contract role on a national soap opera and launched her career at 15, so she knew from personal experience that a college degree is not some essential tool in your box to be a success. For $500k I would have put on a wig and played the role of her daughter myself for four years at USC if that's what Loughlin wanted.

I also find it kind of funny to see these moralizing types on TV clutching their pearls about bribes going to various officials from the rich parents to get their kids into certain colleges. This, when the institutionalized rackets that regularly get student athletes admitted to these same schools when their academic record is spotty at best, but "hey, look at that throwing arm!". Not only do the coaches (often the highest-paid employees of the university) grease the enrollment procedures to help snag that great athlete with an illiteracy problem or domestic violence conviction, the university forms specialized curricula for them with lots of junior-high level challenges, all while bragging about having 'rigorous academics'. Not always, of course--some of the best students I ever taught also juggled football and/or baseball--but it happens often enough that everyone knows the score, so to speak, and alumni wanting their college team to win games will look the other way. That whole racket has been in place so long that I am only surprised when someone is stupid enough to get caught.

Old 03-14-2019, 08:05 PM

10,948 posts, read 9,913,390 times
It's really unfortunate but there are some young people who were involved in this scheme and didn't know it. This latest ABC News report explains. USC is going through current applications and have found six more who were connected to that company that were falsifying documents and having proctors taking tests for some of the students.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMVlVX59fFc

Old 03-15-2019, 02:48 AM

6,303 posts, read 5,342,051 times
I just heard this morning that Hallmark dropped Lori Loughlin from any future projects. Sorry if this was previously posted.

I figured this was going to happen. She's damaged goods. No different than what they did to Roseanne.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:56 AM

13,555 posts, read 18,305,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Skeffington View Post
I just heard this morning that Hallmark dropped Lori Loughlin from any future projects. Sorry if this was previously posted.

I figured this was going to happen. She's damaged goods. No different than what they did to Roseanne.

yes and now I hear that the cosmetics company Sephora cut the daughter Olivia Jade as well and tresemme' also cut her loose . Yes Hewlett Packard had signed a deal with her but they are no longer interested .
I mean did anybody not see this coming ? yep and as well they should because yes they did the same thing to Roseanne .

Old 03-15-2019, 07:29 AM

3,408 posts, read 795,188 times
Lori also lost her job on Fuller House.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:56 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,067,545 times
The way I see it, Lori Loughlin has gotten more attention than Felicity Huffman due to Lori's cultivating a wholesome image during her Hallmark years. But she played a villain in a Hallmark movie a few years ago.
https://www.themoviescene.co.uk/revi...rage-2013.html

Old 03-15-2019, 10:01 AM

3,060 posts, read 819,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
I'm glad I'm not wealthy.

Image, image, image!!!
I think it depends on the person. I'm wealthy, but only because of sheer dumb luck of me buying real estate in Florida that happened to grow exponentially. I never planned on it, and still live a simple life to keep me humbled. But, no doubt, we all hear the stories of people that are super wealthy, but then something happens where they begin to lose that wealth and elite status, that they would rather commit suicide over being broke. I definitely think it's some kind of psychology issue behind this.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:32 AM

13,555 posts, read 18,305,639 times
there is also another thread on this in current events in case you all want to go over there and read it .

Old 03-15-2019, 02:53 PM

10,103 posts, read 20,871,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by applej3 View Post
Lori also lost her job on Fuller House.
I didn't see that coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
there is also another thread on this in current events in case you all want to go over there and read it .
That thread is huge. Here is the direct link Widespread college admissions cheating/bribery scandal

Old 03-15-2019, 03:10 PM

10,948 posts, read 9,913,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
That thread is huge.
Yes but not as big as the one going on in the poc section. Seems everyone is talking about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or