Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2011, 10:08 AM

88,504 posts, read 84,673,021 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
No, others hated her to death. Love was probably the only reason that she stayed alive for as long as she did.

It's just so sad when people go to a place of hate, when they simply cannot stand anyone who doesn't wallow in misery and cynicism with the rest of the world, and who then resort to making nasty, sarcastic and trashy comments about those who at least make an attempt to rise above it. It's amazing how threatened and hateful conventional people are by those who won't play along.

In fact, such people make sure that those who buck convention meet the ugly demise that they predicted. It's called a self-fulfilling prophecy. It has absolutely nothing to do with something that the person is doing but, rather, how other people react to it. This is especially true for women. If a woman is labeled as a druggie (or a ****), she gets treated like one and then she actually ends up as one.

Frankly, it's revolting when people make sure that those who do not conform are punished just to create an example that will frighten others and keep them in line, all the while stating that "it's for your own good."

What was so great about AW was that she did not live for other people, and I would never expect her (or anyone else) to do so. Regardless of how things turned out, she lived life on her own terms and I admire that. It's sort of ridiculous (and is also complete bull****) that the very people who were unsupportive of her would turn around and say that they only wanted what was best for her; on the contrary, they were predicting and hoping for her death just so that they could be right about her lifestyle choices.

And as for the comment about her being a walking stereotype, well, that's just more evidence of the self-fulfilling prophecy. People labeled her as a druggie and then made sure that she died as a druggie. And the thing is, it hasn't even been established yet that that was how she died. But so many people want it to be true that they are already stating that it is
Good point that bears noting. There has not yet been any official cause of death.

Old 07-30-2011, 06:51 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,431,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Nope. She brought it all on herself. She didn't take the help she was given, all the chances she was given she wasn't sincere.
And you know this because you were a friend of hers or a friend of the family?

How about this theory.

Amy Winehouse's Death: From Alcohol Withdrawal? : People.com

Only time and an autopsy will tell just what she died from. And as far as her lifestyle, only those close to her know the real story. The rest is just speculation by the media.

Old 07-30-2011, 07:19 PM

1,801 posts, read 2,923,197 times
I partially blame the people arround her the hangers on and so-called friends, i expect they just paid her lip-service and who let her go on the stage drunk at a recent concert, she could hardly stand up.

Old 07-30-2011, 08:53 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,192,720 times
It's sad that I called this. I saw her pictures earlier this year and I remember saying to a friend that I'd be shocked if she made it to 2012. It's really sad because she was full of so much talent and potential. People are always joking about Lindsay and Charlie, but this could be them too in the next few years. This should be a wake up call to all.

Old 07-31-2011, 01:45 AM

8,827 posts, read 7,324,343 times
lots of creative people suffer from bouts of depression and it seems she had it too and maybe she self medicated, like a lot of depressed people do...who knows what went on in her head and why she got dragged down that road. People are too quick to judge and call her a crackhead and so on...she was a very sensitive, smart young woman..only shen she was drunk or high, did she lose control. It's sad her life went the way it did, I think she was very talented.

Old 07-31-2011, 08:54 AM

5,546 posts, read 9,995,206 times
Quote:
Really? whatever.

No matter how many interventions one does, if the one that needs help doesn't want the then, you are pissing into wind. To think otherwise if beyond ignorant.
Well, if that's the best you've got, I'll give you this (which is much better and I can't take credit for it. Some anonymous person just made a comment in a UK newspaper). Just so you know, many people want help, many people spend years trying to get help, and many people end up dying anyway. Amy wanted the help. BTW, she tried to contact Dr. Drew in the days before her death. But just to educate you a bit on addiction...this really sums it up. Oh, and I take it you have not struggled with addictions yourself (at least of the mind altering kind) or you would already know this.

Quote:
IT IS NOT A CHOICE! It is called a dependency for exactly that reason – one is dependent, ie, can not go without. Ironically it tends to be the intelligent, creative and gifted people in the world who suffer with these depressive and addictive illnesses – their only mistake is to look to a coping mechanism to ease the pain which, due to the nature of mental illness and issues, is most likely going to be a mind altering substance which in turn is addictive. A vicious circle! It is not a reckless act of sheer abandonment and selfishness but an attempt to survive in what feels a sad and painful world. Sadly in reality it does not have the desired effect but instead, it kills, whether by choice or accident. The mind is a very delicate and fragile thing!What is fundamentally the genetic makeup which makes Amy and others like her so special and talented, will inevitably destroy them too.

Old 07-31-2011, 04:35 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,754,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
Well, if that's the best you've got, I'll give you this (which is much better and I can't take credit for it. Some anonymous person just made a comment in a UK newspaper). Just so you know, many people want help, many people spend years trying to get help, and many people end up dying anyway. Amy wanted the help. BTW, she tried to contact Dr. Drew in the days before her death. But just to educate you a bit on addiction...this really sums it up. Oh, and I take it you have not struggled with addictions yourself (at least of the mind altering kind) or you would already know this.
How many chances did she have? How many times was she in rehab? Wasn't there a song she sang about rehab?

I would speculate that the only reason she wanted help, was to save her career, being bood of stage does wonders.

Old 07-31-2011, 07:12 PM

Quote:
How many chances did she have? How many times was she in rehab? Wasn't there a song she sang about rehab?

I would speculate that the only reason she wanted help, was to save her career, being bood of stage does wonders.
How many chances does any addict have? That is the magic question. The next cigarette I pick up could be the one that sets off a cellular reaction and causes cancer. I've had lots of chances. Does that mean I enjoy being an addict? No. I've tried to quit. I once quit for 15 years, six weeks here, seven weeks there.

My point is you do not understand addiction at all. I am quite sure as a young girl she wanted to grow up to become a famous singer and humiliate herself on stage, yet it happened. [/sarcasm]. Yup, anyone with issues says "when I grow up I want to be a famous bipolar drug addict and humiliate myself in front of the entire world." Oh, and I want to end up dead at 27 and die alone. But see, here is the difference between you and me, because I understand Amy. She got the green light from her Dr. Friday night so she thought she must be ok and could use again. Yes, I know there has not been a conclusive cause of death, but from what I've read and what I suspect she did just that. Even if she were going through withdrawal (as her family claims), all she had to do was to call on one of her guards and ask to go to the hospital or detox. Oh, and I am assuming like anyone she was smart enough to go online and look up alcohol withdrawal and know it was not to be taken lightly. You just have no idea. And just what is a bood of stage?

Last edited by mistygrl092; 07-31-2011 at 07:21 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-01-2011, 05:40 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,754,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistygrl092 View Post
How many chances does any addict have? That is the magic question. The next cigarette I pick up could be the one that sets off a cellular reaction and causes cancer. I've had lots of chances. Does that mean I enjoy being an addict? No. I've tried to quit. I once quit for 15 years, six weeks here, seven weeks there.

My point is you do not understand addiction at all. I am quite sure as a young girl she wanted to grow up to become a famous singer and humiliate herself on stage, yet it happened. [/sarcasm]. Yup, anyone with issues says "when I grow up I want to be a famous bipolar drug addict and humiliate myself in front of the entire world." Oh, and I want to end up dead at 27 and die alone. But see, here is the difference between you and me, because I understand Amy. She got the green light from her Dr. Friday night so she thought she must be ok and could use again. Yes, I know there has not been a conclusive cause of death, but from what I've read and what I suspect she did just that. Even if she were going through withdrawal (as her family claims), all she had to do was to call on one of her guards and ask to go to the hospital or detox. Oh, and I am assuming like anyone she was smart enough to go online and look up alcohol withdrawal and know it was not to be taken lightly. You just have no idea. And just what is a bood of stage?
Are you sort of chemical dependency counselor, or do you just play one on TV?

Old 08-01-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Are you sort of chemical dependency counselor, or do you just play one on TV?
In the future, do not rep me to say what you obviously for some reason cannot say in a public forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.