U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2011, 02:27 PM

10,324 posts, read 12,413,543 times

Advertisements

Amy's out of rehab yet again, and cannot seem to even perform anymore. this talented, young woman cannot defeat her demons. Please get well Amy! We only get so many chances before one fall takes us over the edge for good.

Amy Winehouse Booed Off Stage During Her 10th Consecutive Comeback Tour

Old 06-19-2011, 03:10 PM

17,356 posts, read 3,528,493 times
You are so right

So many hugely talented performers have those demons...
Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Scott View Post
Amy's out of rehab yet again, and cannot seem to even perform anymore. this talented, young woman cannot defeat her demons. Please get well Amy! We only get so many chances before one fall takes us over the edge for good.

Old 06-19-2011, 03:12 PM

10,452 posts, read 10,224,950 times
That's the thing about singing. It opens up a window to a world of addiction. Just look at how many singers fall into addiction. Unfortunately, as it stands, more often than not, an upside comes with a downside.

Old 06-20-2011, 09:58 AM

10,324 posts, read 12,413,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nimchimpsky View Post
That's the thing about singing. It opens up a window to a world of addiction. Just look at how many singers fall into addiction. Unfortunately, as it stands, more often than not, an upside comes with a downside.
True indeed. The parties, pressures of the road and fame can be hard on some. It's easy to get swept up and carried away in excess. Though some might go "She did it to herself" and point the finger, Bottom line is she has a medical condition. Literally, As doctors diagnosed her with an irregular heartbeat, and the beginnings of emphysema..And she is not even 30 years old! The human body can take horrendous abuse, some more then others. But something has got to give sooner or later.

No hand can kill us quicker then our own. The footage was upsetting to watch. I still think she can pull through, It's going to take everything she has got to fix herself.

Old 06-20-2011, 11:38 AM

10,452 posts, read 10,224,950 times
Quote:
True indeed. The parties, pressures of the road and fame can be hard on some. It's easy to get swept up and carried away in excess. Though some might go "She did it to herself" and point the finger, Bottom line is she has a medical condition. Literally, As doctors diagnosed her with an irregular heartbeat, and the beginnings of emphysema..And she is not even 30 years old! The human body can take horrendous abuse, some more then others. But something has got to give sooner or later.

No hand can kill us quicker then our own. The footage was upsetting to watch. I still think she can pull through, It's going to take everything she has got to fix herself.
I agree. I think anyone can always pull through, even when their condition is self-inflicted. I have seen people go way down and then come way up so I have faith in everyone to heal themselves. Ray Charles comes to mind. He brought himself out of his decades-long heroine addiction by going cold turkey and never touched it again, and his addiction was closely tied to the trauma of him seeing his brother die, blaming himself, and going blind. And yet he still pulled through. Humans can be incredibly resilient so it's important to always have faith in someone's ability to heal, especially when they don't have that faith in themselves yet.

Old 06-20-2011, 04:08 PM

18,096 posts, read 16,618,330 times
never understood what people see in her, hopefully she will just go away permanently now.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:25 AM

2,705 posts, read 2,505,010 times
Quote:

I don't think Amy is going to get better. I think she's beyond recovery.

Old 06-24-2011, 07:26 AM

2,705 posts, read 2,505,010 times
Quote:
Bottom line is she has a medical condition. Literally, As doctors diagnosed her with an irregular heartbeat, and the beginnings of emphysema.
All of that caused by her addictions. Stop apologizing for her.

Old 06-24-2011, 12:12 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,797,486 times
I sure hope she can pull herself together one day, for her sake .. and ours. I love her voice and music and keep hoping for more.

Old 06-24-2011, 11:41 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,832,801 times
I first heard of her from the addiction and missteps, but after recently giving her music a try, she has great talent and a cool retro sound to her music. She is not some company-made amateur who phones in banal songs, she could do great things. I hope she finds a way to stay clean and not end up dead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities