Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 07:42 PM

2,057 posts, read 3,403,822 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones1976 View Post
History has proven this to not be the case. In fact Judges convict people everyday based on the idea of preventing someone from doing something in the future.
Source please.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-13-2008, 06:36 AM

77,811 posts, read 59,974,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones1976 View Post
History has proven this to not be the case. In fact Judges convict people everyday based on the idea of preventing someone from doing something in the future.
If you feel that other charges should have been brought against him, then please just state what those charges should have been?

There are literally thousands of similar accidents that have occurred...two buddies drink heavily and drive off....crash and the passenger is killed or badly injured. This is pretty much the same type of scenario and you can google it.

I looked up a few and sentences ranged from short to >10 years depending upon the persons prior offenses and other mitigating factors. The fact that the passenger didn't die saved Bolea another two years probably since they can't charge him with manslaughter (yet).

Injuring or killing innocent bystanders, as well as state and regional specific attitudes and laws also affects sentencing.

Old 05-29-2008, 05:33 AM

430 posts, read 1,171,590 times
Default Hogan Family Disgusting

I saw on TV night the story about the taped conversations between Hulk Hogan and his son who is now in jail. They also hired the talk between his Mother and him. THis family doesn't get that because of the actions of their son , a man is never going to be the same again. It doesn't matter who he is or what he did or anyway he may have acted. When Nick got behind the wheel of that car he took the life of this man. All they are worried about is a reality show, sitting on the beach and Hulk Hogan saying that mabe the man had this coming to him. I hope that Nick stays in prison longer and that everyone see's this family for who they are. I know on their show they acted like a half way nice family and the court seen acted like they cared. Hulk Hogan is a tan washed up wrestler. his ex wife looks like a hooker and his daughter can't sing. His son should be in jail and because he doesn't seem to get what he has done to this man , he should be there longer.

Old 05-29-2008, 02:23 PM

16,226 posts, read 27,303,897 times
Yes, they are disgusting as a family. I saw photos of "Daddy" buttering up his own daughter with tanning oil as she was sprawled out on a chaise longue. Barf.

Old 05-30-2008, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimberly View Post
When Nick got behind the wheel of that car he took the life of this man.
No he didn't. It was a suicide by negligence. If the guy didn't want to end up a vegetable, he shouldn't have gotten in the car. That simple... Is Hulk his brothers keeper? No.

Regarding the family, you're right. I think the son is a dirtball too, he just can't be held accountable for the other idiots choices.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:21 PM

So just because he got in his car it was his responsibity to what jump out.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimberly View Post
So just because he got in his car it was his responsibity to what jump out.
Unless there are witnesses to him screaming to stop or trying to get out lights and Hogan pulling away, he was there willingly as far as a court's concerned.

If witnesses had come forward saying something like that, we'd have a different situation.

Old 05-30-2008, 08:23 PM

8,875 posts, read 13,850,323 times
I've never been a wrestling fan, but I kind of liked what the Hulk Hogan character represented. Well, I have to say that my opinion of Hulk Hogan has changed considerably with recent events.

The reality show lowered my thoughts of the guy. His family (including him) and their hijinks make things even worse. Now the despicable prison phone calls have totally sullied my opinion of the guy.

I hope justice is served and public opinion banishes this family to existence well beyond the public eye.

Old 06-04-2008, 12:41 PM

1,271 posts, read 4,014,954 times
Default This is why Nick Hogan deserves more jail time

News of the suit surfaced on the same day a judge denied the younger Hogan's request to be removed from solitary confinement because it's causing him "unbearable anxiety."

Welcome to jail dumb dumb

Still in Solitary, Nick Hogan Phones in Lawsuit - E! Online

Old 06-05-2008, 08:07 AM

I agree he should stay longer. His lawyer was on Nancy Grance the other night saying the public wasn't treating the family fair because they didn't hear all of the 26 hours of phone conversations. I heard enough. Also what on earth doesa he think will happen to him if he gets in the general public with the big boys. I guess he thinks he is Hulk Hogans son and they will what be best friends , I think they will test him to see if baby boy is tough like Dad. THis family I hope is never on TV again. I did watch their show and I justy thought about this. When did there kids go to school. He is still 17 isn't he still in school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities