Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 06:10 PM

4,088 posts, read 2,557,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Authorities have determined that Bob Saget died of head trauma:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...003351690.html

'They have concluded that he accidentally hit the back of his head on something, thought nothing of it and went to sleep. No drugs or alcohol were involved.'

I suppose that could happen...but seems a bit fishy. He appeared to be in pretty good shape, 65 isn't all that old...hitting your head so hard unless you were in a car accident or something just seems strange.
It happened to Natasha Richardson. (Died in her forties.) She fell during a beginner's skiing lesson, refused treatment as she felt fine after what she thought was a minor accident, complained of a headache a few hours after that, then died two days later of a hematoma (bleeding in her brain).

If Bob had hit his head, then just decided to "sleep off" the resulting headache, it's entirely possible that he died of head trauma in his sleep.

Both cases are so sad. :-/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2022, 06:12 PM

16,317 posts, read 8,140,203 times
Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by mila123 View Post
How did they know he hit his head? Did he tell people or did others witness this and no one thought to mention it before (maybe they did). There was another actress who hit her head after a ski accident fall. It didn't seem serious at the time but she died. Never assume it's nothing when it comes to head injuries.
they said head trauma so it seems like an assumption that he fell and hit his head. I again watch too many murder shows so murder comes to mind for me and someone hitting him. However it's easy to track when someone came in and out of a hotel room plus surveillance video so I would think they've investigated all that.

TMZ is also reporting it was a brain bleed:

https://www.tmz.com/2022/02/09/bob-s...did=social-twa

Old 02-09-2022, 06:18 PM

16,415 posts, read 12,492,377 times
Quote:
How did they know he hit his head?
During the autopsy, they found a bruise on the back of his head.

It could be as simple as walking into the bathroom with socks, slipping, and falling backwards. Or flopping on the bed after a long day and misjudging your distance to the headboard.

Old 02-09-2022, 06:19 PM

16,317 posts, read 8,140,203 times
Ugh, thinking of both of those scenarios that would really hurt. I probably wouldn't go to the hospital either though. Sorry to say it but going to the hospital for something like that ( especially these days) is a hassle...but worth it i guess.

Old 02-09-2022, 06:21 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,516,076 times
Quote:
How did they know he hit his head?
An autopsy, perhaps?

Old 02-09-2022, 07:59 PM

4,991 posts, read 5,284,701 times
Quote:
How did they know he hit his head? Did he tell people or did others witness this and no one thought to mention it before (maybe they did). There was another actress who hit her head after a ski accident fall. It didn't seem serious at the time but she died. Never assume it's nothing when it comes to head injuries.
They found a bruise on the back of his head.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:14 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,203,209 times
It’s scary to think someone could die that easily. He obviously didn’t even think it was a big enough deal to even go to an urgent care, and it killed him. I guess it’s a cautionary tale.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:20 PM

17,285 posts, read 22,006,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
It’s scary to think someone could die that easily. He obviously didn’t even think it was a big enough deal to even go to an urgent care, and it killed him. I guess it’s a cautionary tale.
I had a neighbor (46 yrs old) have a seizure, banged his head. They carted him off to the hospital expecting a 1-2 day stay and return home. He died in the hospital from brain swelling. Guy was in decent shape, no history of seizures and it was a freak thing. I feel bad every time I see his wife, super nice guy.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:54 PM

8,935 posts, read 4,762,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
During the autopsy, they found a bruise on the back of his head.

It could be as simple as walking into the bathroom with socks, slipping, and falling backwards. Or flopping on the bed after a long day and misjudging your distance to the headboard.
That's what happened to my mom. She fell, hit her head but thought nothing of it and just went about her merry way. 3 days later complained about a headache but still didn't want to go to the hospital & insisted she was fine. I called 911 over her strong objections (my mom hates going to the hospital) and when they did a brain scan on her, found she had bleeding in the brain due to the head trauma from her fall.

The brain is funny. You can have a fall, hit your head, feel nothing, walk around as if it's nothing and then a few days later feel pain as a result of bleeding in the brain.

I can see why people are reluctant to go to ER (esp. if you don't like hospitals) when they have a fall especially if they feel totally ok. Seems silly to do so but really isn't. You should have it checked out just to be sure.

Old 02-09-2022, 09:12 PM

17,568 posts, read 15,232,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
That's what happened to my mom. She fell, hit her head but thought nothing of it and just went about her merry way. 3 days later complained about a headache but still didn't want to go to the hospital & insisted she was fine. I called 911 over her strong objections (my mom hates going to the hospital) and when they did a brain scan on her, found she had bleeding in the brain due to the head trauma from her fall.

The brain is funny. You can have a fall, hit your head, feel nothing, walk around as if it's nothing and then a few days later feel pain as a result of bleeding in the brain.

I can see why people are reluctant to go to ER (esp. if you don't like hospitals) when they have a fall especially if they feel totally ok. Seems silly to do so but really isn't. You should have it checked out just to be sure.

Well, that and the fact that scan will probably cost something like $10k
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities