Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2022, 03:12 PM

15,704 posts, read 9,417,608 times

Advertisements

I feel bad for her.

Quote:
Sinéad O'Connor has been hospitalized following the disappearance and death by suicide of her teenage son last week.

The singer, 55, said she was going to the hospital Thursday after posting a lengthy message on Twitter earlier that day saying she had "decided to follow [her] son."

In a Thursday morning tweet, the "Nothing Compares 2 U" singer wrote, "There is no point living without him," referring to her son, Shane O'Connor. "Everything I touch, I ruin. I only stayed for him. And now he's gone. I've destroyed my family. My kids don't want to know me."
Sinead O'Connor Hospitalized Following Suicidal Tweets Days After Son's Death
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2022, 05:32 PM

26,592 posts, read 26,472,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I feel bad for her.
I do, too. That has got to be devastating.

Old 01-14-2022, 07:41 PM

3,494 posts, read 3,702,571 times
Losing a child to suicide has to be one of the worst things to experience on the face of the earth.

Old 01-16-2022, 08:26 AM

23,790 posts, read 33,259,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post

I've never cared for her as a singer. She used to have a loud mouth back in the day. She sings a song on one of my rock Christmas CD's, I won't even listen to her.

As a mother myself, my heart goes out to her. I caught her tweet after I read about her son's death. I'm not surprised to read they took her away.

She needs to come into reality that she has 3 other kids who have probably also read her tweets, my heart breaks for them, not only have they lost a sibling, but she should not have said some of the things she said. I just looked at her twitter, they're all gone, some are in the article below. To me, they read like he was her favorite child. I feel so bad for her surviving kids

Sinead O'Connor concerns fans with comments after teenage son's death: 'I am ruined without my son'

Quote:
In a string of now-deleted tweets on Thursday in which she said “I’ve decided to follow my son. There’s no point living without him,”

“My beautiful son, Nevi’im Nesta Ali Shane O’Connor, the very light of my life, decided to end his earthly struggle today and is now with God. May he rest in peace and may no one follow his example. My baby. I love you so much. Please be at peace.”

“I’m very upset. My son was the love of my life. I am sorry I’ve upset tulsa and just about every other human being on earth also. I am ruined without my son. I am sorry I’ve upset anyone.”

In 2016, O'Connor went missing in Chicago after a bike ride and was later found safe. The year prior, she posted a suicide threat on Facebook, saying she had taken an overdose after a "horrifying set of betrayals."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
Losing a child to suicide has to be one of the worst things to experience on the face of the earth.

I know what it's like to have an unhappy child. It's not easy.

I don't know her son's history with depression, it had to be hard on all of her kids to see their mother tweet that she wants to commit suicide. She needs some serious mental health.

Old 01-16-2022, 11:08 AM

1,108 posts, read 944,774 times
Suicide is a tough one for ANY parent who loses a child to it. My heart goes out to Sinead and I hope she is getting good care now.

Read the book- Dear Mallory It's profound and heartbreaking. About a mother who lost her 18 yr old to suicide.

Old 01-16-2022, 05:30 PM

3,494 posts, read 3,702,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
I've never cared for her as a singer. She used to have a loud mouth back in the day. She sings a song on one of my rock Christmas CD's, I won't even listen to her.

As a mother myself, my heart goes out to her. I caught her tweet after I read about her son's death. I'm not surprised to read they took her away.

She needs to come into reality that she has 3 other kids who have probably also read her tweets, my heart breaks for them, not only have they lost a sibling, but she should not have said some of the things she said. I just looked at her twitter, they're all gone, some are in the article below. To me, they read like he was her favorite child. I feel so bad for her surviving kids.
It likely feels like death to her, so the tweets are just real, raw emotion. Her saying she ruins everything she touches is the culmination of realizing that she would trade all of the antics of her public persona over the years to get her son back.

Old 01-19-2022, 05:47 AM

23,790 posts, read 33,259,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
It likely feels like death to her, so the tweets are just real, raw emotion. Her saying she ruins everything she touches is the culmination of realizing that she would trade all of the antics of her public persona over the years to get her son back.

I don't doubt that losing him feels like the worst pain she's ever had.

I'll be surprised if she doesn't also commit suicide like she threatened in the tweet below, saying the hospital will help for a while, but she's going to find Shane, going to the hospital will just delay that.

She's a grown ass woman with 3 other kids who also lost their sibling. I'm sure they're in pain too, then they now have to emotionally and mentally deal with their mother's impending suicide. Reading her threats because even though she deleted them, the press has a copy. Who knows, if her kids follow her on social media, they probably screen shotted them.

Quote:
In a string of now-deleted tweets on Thursday in which she said “I’ve decided to follow my son. There’s no point living without him,” the singer also posted that she was “with cops now on way to hospital. I’m sorry I upset everyone. I am lost without my kid and I hate myself. Hospital will help a while. But I’m going to find Shane. This is just a delay.”

“My beautiful son, Nevi’im Nesta Ali Shane O’Connor, the very light of my life, decided to end his earthly struggle today and is now with God. May he rest in peace and may no one follow his example. My baby. I love you so much. Please be at peace.”

“I’m very upset. My son was the love of my life. I am sorry I’ve upset tulsa and just about every other human being on earth also. I am ruined without my son. I am sorry I’ve upset anyone.”

Old 01-20-2022, 06:21 AM

19,601 posts, read 20,042,882 times
I love 90s Sinead. I had real Irish pride for this one... Then she went all Islam..smdh.

The Lord works in his own way...and the devil is always working in his. Peace be still... A prayer of protection to this family, yours, mine, and all of us.

Old 01-21-2022, 08:31 AM

18,439 posts, read 18,563,452 times
Never understood or liked the woman but do feel for her now... how awful .. but taking her own life would maybe destroy her other children and not right.. I suppose she might see sense after a time.. hopefully.

Old 02-13-2022, 09:22 AM

9,883 posts, read 5,550,028 times
Looks like the crazy got passed down a generation. She's been white-knuckling it through life pretty much her entire adult existence, if not from adolescence. If she doesn't get top-notch psychiatric hospitalization and follow-up care, there's a decent chance she'll follow up on her tweets sooner or later.

I wonder if her son was named after Shane MacGowan. They used to be thick as thieves until he got bad into heroin and she snitched him out to force him into rehab. He admits she probably saved his life but held a grudge against her for at least a decade-plus claiming she still had no right to do such a thing. I don't know if they've ever reconciled to this day. Who knows if a reconciliation is possible, it seems there's not much left of his mind any more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities