Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2022, 10:23 AM

50,773 posts, read 36,474,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben young View Post
I sense a lot of unhappy Divorced Ladies in here.
Where are you getting that from?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2022, 10:24 AM

15,631 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I heard a few weeks ago that some of her friends had been prodding her to push to have their pre-nup renegotiated (because of the 10 year $375 million commentating contract that he signed that will start when he retires as a player).
as individuals, gisele's net worth is much higher than tom's...almost twice his amount.

Last edited by texan2yankee; 10-06-2022 at 11:03 AM..

Old 10-06-2022, 11:36 AM

17,374 posts, read 16,518,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocnjgirl View Post
He wasn't a Superbowl winner last year, they lost in the playoffs. That's what sports analysts last night were saying, was the reason he felt compelled to come back. Because he didn't want to leave when his last game wasn't a good one.

Gisele gave up most of her career while she was at the top making multi-millions a year, in order to be able to support Tom's career. She pretty much raised the kids as a single parent because of football. Then finally he promised to retire, and went back on it. Maybe she wanted her turn to have a life of her own, get back to a career, etc. Maybe she was tired of being a single parent. Even when Tom wasn't on the field, he worked out for hours a day, studied film, etc. He probably wasn't with them even when they were in the same house.

We are forgetting the kids, too. I am sure they were heartbroken when dad went back to football. I;m sure part of Gisele's anger was for the kids, who probably never had their dad at a dinner table for Thanksgiving, never had him attend a school play, their own sports games, etc.

You can be lonelier living with someone who's not really there then living alone.
Gisele has lived a charmed and pampered life. I'm sure that she loves her children but no way do I believe that she was spending her days schlepping kids around in a minivan, with her hair up in a pony tail, no makeup and bags under her eyes from lack of sleep.

She may have been home with the kids MORE than Tom but you can bet that she was getting plenty of "me time", too. The woman is worth 400 million dollars, herself, she could afford the best sitters that money could buy. She always looks well rested and well cared for.

Her modeling career may very well have slowed down but I would think that might have something to do with her being 42 and having given birth to 3 babies. She is still gorgeous and looks amazing, don't get me wrong. But she is in an industry that values youth and taut bodies. I'm not sure when a model is viewed as being "old" but it might be way younger than one might think.

Of course, Tom is no spring chicken when it comes to playing football, so his days of doing so are numbered.

I tend to think that there are likely deeper compatibility issues involved. But who knows.

Old 10-06-2022, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Gisele has lived a charmed and pampered life. I'm sure that she loves her children but no way do I believe that she was spending her days schlepping kids around in a minivan, with her hair up in a pony tail, no makeup and bags under her eyes from lack of sleep.

She may have been home with the kids MORE than Tom but you can bet that she was getting plenty of "me time", too. The woman is worth 400 million dollars, herself, she could afford the best sitters that money could buy. She always looks well rested and well cared for.

Her modeling career may very well have slowed down but I would think that might have something to do with her being 42 and having given birth to 3 babies. She is still gorgeous and looks amazing, don't get me wrong. But she is in an industry that values youth and taut bodies. I'm not sure when a model is viewed as being "old" but it might be way younger than one might think.

Of course, Tom is no spring chicken when it comes to playing football, so his days of doing so are numbered.

I tend to think that there are likely deeper compatibility issues involved. But who knows.
She was not a hands-off, hand off the kids to the nanny kind of mom IMO. Yes I'm sure they had help. It's not about the amount of work but simply being a family together for her IMO. In that respect, I maintain she was more of a single mom, going alone to see the kid's concerts and ball games, helping with homework and hosting the sleepovers. Even the milestones, first steps, first words, she probably had to witness alone. Most people want a partner for more than help with housework.

I'm not talking about her modeling career now, I'm taking about the modeling career she gave up then. She was one of the top supermodels in the world and stepped away from it to support him. It's about fairness. She doesn't need to model now, she has a billion-dollar empire with her own clothing lines, shoe line, skin care line, etc.

https://thestoryexchange.org/gisele-...dollar-empire/

Last edited by ocnjgirl; 10-06-2022 at 12:30 PM..

Old 10-06-2022, 06:50 PM

17,374 posts, read 16,518,282 times
Quote:
She was not a hands-off, hand off the kids to the nanny kind of mom IMO. Yes I'm sure they had help. It's not about the amount of work but simply being a family together for her IMO. In that respect, I maintain she was more of a single mom, going alone to see the kid's concerts and ball games, helping with homework and hosting the sleepovers. Even the milestones, first steps, first words, she probably had to witness alone. Most people want a partner for more than help with housework.

I'm not talking about her modeling career now, I'm taking about the modeling career she gave up then. She was one of the top supermodels in the world and stepped away from it to support him. It's about fairness. She doesn't need to model now, she has a billion-dollar empire with her own clothing lines, shoe line, skin care line, etc.

https://thestoryexchange.org/gisele-...dollar-empire/
I really haven't followed Gisele that closely. But if she is truly running a billion dollar clothing/shoe/skin care business, then she is not a full time SAHM. I'm sure that she makes her appearances at her children's various events. I'm sure that she makes the time to be with them. But she is absolutely, 100% not tied to that home. She is going on business trips, she is getting spa days, she has nannies and all sorts of house staff to keep her home in order and the kids cared for.

I think that there are bigger problems in paradise than simply Tom refusing to retire right this minute.

Old 10-07-2022, 06:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
I really haven't followed Gisele that closely. But if she is truly running a billion dollar clothing/shoe/skin care business, then she is not a full time SAHM. I'm sure that she makes her appearances at her children's various events. I'm sure that she makes the time to be with them. But she is absolutely, 100% not tied to that home. She is going on business trips, she is getting spa days, she has nannies and all sorts of house staff to keep her home in order and the kids cared for.

I think that there are bigger problems in paradise than simply Tom refusing to retire right this minute.
I never said she was tied to the house, re-read my post.

Old 10-09-2022, 12:32 PM

33,321 posts, read 12,522,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Tom originally was with someone else (Bridget Moynahan), got her pregnant, then dumped her. Gisele was right there to move into his arms. According to his wiki, he and Bridget broke up in December 2006, he also started dating Gisele the same month. They married about 2 years later, started having kids. I see his son with Bridget is 15 while their first child is 13, so yeah it was pretty quick. I remember they were always in the news.

She had "no choice" but to get a divorce lawyer because of how much she pouted during the last game. I don't even watch football, could care less, it was all over the news. I'll be shocked if they divorce, he will quit ball first which is what this was all about, but then again, maybe he wants someone a lot younger than Gisele...

He's 45, retire already Brady. You're an old man who could get hurt pretty bad out there...

Tom Brady wiki -

personal life -
True, but I'd add one thing (which may matter to some people, and not to others), when Bridget found out she was pregnant, she and Tom had already broken up and he was dating Gisele.

I think both of them have fair 'axes to grind'.

Her 'fair axes':

1. He retired....and then 'un-retired'.
2. I watched part of an interview with him where the gist was that it sort of drives him crazy to be around kids too much and that is tolerance for what is 'too much' is a lot lower than it might be for a lot of other people.

His 'fair axe':

The life of an NFL player isn't the same as the life of (using her milieu as an example) an actor. What did she expect ?

Old 10-09-2022, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by puginabug View Post
Shouldn’t this be under Celebrities? It’s not really a current event/news type thing.
Paragraph #1 in post #1 = background re the source.

Go look at either Current Events or Automotive.

This thread wasn't moved from either.

I started this thread here in celebrities.

Old 10-09-2022, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenBouy View Post
Sorry, No sympathy for an entitled spoiled brat who lives a privileged life and then complains about it.

I wish I had a job where I was literally off from January through the summer every year.

Let me in on some of that suffering.

Old 10-09-2022, 12:46 PM

Quote:
I don't think you can compare that at all. She's been married to Tom for decades, we have no idea what their marriage is like or what either of them are like in private.

To me it doesn't sound like a conflict in any case. Steady Eddy isn't the other side of the coin from partier. Tom wasn't "steady eddy" in terms of being an available partner in marriage and raising the kids. He's either on the road or doing endorsements or at training camp, etc. She wanted a partner, someone to be there to share life with. Their kids probably wanted that, too.
He's an NFL player.

She's observant enough to have a reasonable idea of what that entails.

If she didn't want that, then why marry him ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities