Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 04:55 PM

1,427 posts, read 1,391,905 times

Advertisements

What a feeling’

Thank you for giving me one of the best songs growing up.

RIP Ms. Cara
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2022, 06:25 PM

26,574 posts, read 26,439,806 times
"I’m far from a vinyl expert, but I do have a collection that’s mostly for nostalgia.

One album that’s far more is the soundtrack to the movie “Fame,” a high school graduation gift from my best friend, Kyle.

We were theater kids in school, performing in plays all around Detroit, and I was a classically trained dancer as well. If it weren’t for the Detroit Windsor Dance Academy, I probably would be in jail or dead. Sometimes performing was the only thing that stopped me from looking for trouble. The scars on my face and body — the ones only I know are there — remind me of the times I found the trouble I was looking for.

That’s not me trying to look tough. That’s me telling you how Irene Cara saved my life..."

https://www.latimes.com/opinion/stor...ame-flashdance

Old 02-04-2023, 12:52 AM

31,588 posts, read 26,430,119 times
*Update*

COD was high blood pressure and hardening of the arteries according to corner's report.

https://people.com/music/flashdance-...h-cholesterol/

https://news.yahoo.com/irene-cara-di...203357176.html

Old 02-04-2023, 09:32 AM

16,882 posts, read 16,149,541 times
If someone as fit as Irene Cata could develop hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes and hardening of the arteries then it could happen to anyone.

I highly doubt that she lived an unhealthy lifestyle after a lifetime of discipline and fitness.

Old 02-04-2023, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
If someone as fit as Irene Cata could develop hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes and hardening of the arteries then it could happen to anyone.

I highly doubt that she lived an unhealthy lifestyle after a lifetime of discipline and fitness.
From what one has read Ms. Cara wasn't quite fit towards end of her life. Neighbors and friends interviewed after her death said Ms. Cara confided in them she had "health issues".

Atherosclerosis and hypertension are often chronic diseases that build over time. If not found via testing and checked things can lead to death.

For certain persons either by genetics or whatever else they have issues with high cholesterol in their blood no matter how they've lived or lifestyle. Otherwise relatively healthy young or middle aged people go on statins or other meds to control their cholesterol.

Atherosclerotic heart disease was one of the contributing factors in death of Whitney Houston according to coroner's report. Ditto for Leslie Jordan.

Old 02-04-2023, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
From what one has read Ms. Cara wasn't quite fit towards end of her life. Neighbors and friends interviewed after her death said Ms. Cara confided in them she had "health issues".

Atherosclerosis and hypertension are often chronic diseases that build over time. If not found via testing and checked things can lead to death.

For certain persons either by genetics or whatever else they have issues with high cholesterol in their blood no matter how they've lived or lifestyle. Otherwise relatively healthy young or middle aged people go on statins or other meds to control their cholesterol.

Atherosclerotic heart disease was one of the contributing factors in death of Whitney Houston according to coroner's report. Ditto for Leslie Jordan.
I think her health was pretty obviously failing in her last years. But I don't think her health issues were due to her living an unhealthy lifestyle. She must have had some strong genetic predispositions to develop heart disease and diabetes.

Whitney Houston, in contrast, did not live a healthy lifestyle at all. She had some serious addiction issues.

Old 02-04-2023, 06:18 PM

6,916 posts, read 3,888,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post

Coronary issues can also be genetic. Google Sergei Grinkov. He was a two-time and reigning Olympic Champion when he died of a heart attack at age 28, less than 2 years after winning his 2nd Olympic gold.

Old 02-04-2023, 06:58 PM

36,960 posts, read 40,898,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
Coronary issues can also be genetic. Google Sergei Grinkov. He was a two-time and reigning Olympic Champion when he died of a heart attack at age 28, less than 2 years after winning his 2nd Olympic gold.
Also, Jim Fixx.

Old 02-04-2023, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Sergei's death was so tragic and completely unexpected. I remember when he died leaving behind his beautiful wife, Ekaterina, who was also his skating partner, and their young daughter.

Apparently, his father had also died of heart problems. So there definitely does seem to be a strong genetic component.

Old 02-05-2023, 01:48 AM

Quote:
Tragic death of Sergie Grinkov happens often enough sadly.

"On 20 November 1995, Grinkov collapsed and died from a massive heart attack in Lake Placid, New York, while he and Gordeeva were practicing for the upcoming 1995–1996 Stars on Ice tour.[1][10] Doctors found that Grinkov had severely clogged coronary arteries (to the point where his arterial opening was reportedly the size of a pinhole), which caused the heart attack; later testing revealed that he also had a genetic risk factor linked with premature heart attacks. The risk factor is called the PLA-2 variant and is also known as the "Grinkov Risk Factor."[11] Grinkov was 28 years old. His wife was 24 and their daughter was 3 years old."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Grinkov

Young persons themselves and or their doctors often overlook or don't even have coronary issues on radar because it is assumed such things only happen from middle age onward.

Given state of his arteries at death Grinkov most certainly had symptoms of "hardening of the arteries" for some time; but they simply were ignored or misdiagnosed.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/art...isk%20patients.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities