Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2023, 08:41 AM

45,580 posts, read 27,172,269 times

Advertisements

I don't know... he's in his 70s - maybe he needs to dial it down a bit

Jay Leno breaks multiple bones in motorcycle accident after car fire

The former “Tonight Show” host revealed in a new interview that he is recovering from multiple broken bones that he sustained in a motorcycle accident.

“It’s so funny you should say that,” Leno said in response to a Las Vegas Review-Journal reporter asking how he was doing in his recovery from a November 2022 car fire that severely burned him.

“That was the first accident. OK?” the 72-year-old continued. “Then just last week, I got knocked off my motorcycle. So I’ve got a broken collarbone. I’ve got two broken ribs. I’ve got two cracked kneecaps.”

Leno assured the interviewer that he is “OK” after the Jan. 17 accident and is even working this weekend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2023, 05:50 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
I was driving down a highway near me about 2 weeks ago, I saw a few closed up farm stands that close for the winter. They both had rope across the driveway entrance with a small piece of white fabric tied to it. I thought about how dangerous that could be if someone pulled off the highway, straight for their driveway but did not see it. I can't count the number of motorcycles I see on that road.

Quote:
explained that he had been testing a 1940 Indian motorcycle and noticed the scent of leaking gas — an uncanny similarity to the explosion in his garage just months prior —*and wanted to pull over.

“So I turned down a side street and cut through a parking lot, and unbeknownst to me, some guy had a wire strung across the parking lot but with no flag hanging from it,” he explained. “So, you know, I didn’t see it until it was too late. It just clotheslined me and, boom, knocked me off the bike.

Old 01-29-2023, 08:27 AM

3,320 posts, read 4,129,104 times
Get your motor running........ head out on the highway......looking for adventure.....what ever come's Jay's Way ! Born To Be WILD !

Once again, Jay's chin remains intact. Stay under the wire, but always keep your chin up.

I bet his medical insurance premiums are getting very expensive.

Old 01-29-2023, 08:35 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,810,680 times
Now this is funny!

Quote:
When asked by the reporter why he hadn’t said anything publicly for 9 days, Leno of course tried cracking a joke: “You know, after getting burned up, you get that one for free,” Leno said. “After that, you’re Harrison Ford, crashing airplanes. You just want to keep your head down.”
https://www.motorious.com/articles/n...njured-indian/

Old 01-29-2023, 08:53 PM

23,866 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post

I think it's a good idea if he stays home, maybe wrap himself in bubble wrap

Old 01-30-2023, 06:28 AM

16,418 posts, read 12,502,320 times
It might be time for Jay to have a neurological evaluation to make sure he's not experiencing symptoms of dementia that may be impacting his judgement.

Old 01-30-2023, 11:09 AM

8,311 posts, read 13,444,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
It might be time for Jay to have a neurological evaluation to make sure he's not experiencing symptoms of dementia that may be impacting his judgement.
Why, cause he didn't see a wire that some idiot carelessly and incorrectly used to close off a lot that just about anyone would have also missed?

Old 01-30-2023, 12:00 PM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
True, dementia has a way of impelling people to keep going and not stop. Leno loves his vehicles but at this rate, he's going to die in one. Hope he doesn't hurt anyone else on his way out. If I was family or friend, I'd be pleading for him to at least stop riding motorcycles!

Old 01-30-2023, 05:42 PM

8,311 posts, read 13,444,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Back to NE View Post
True, dementia has a way of impelling people to keep going and not stop.
If you ride motorcycles, you'd know that is exactly what those who love riding motorcycles feel when they are riding! You just wanna keep going! Stopping when riding a motorcycle is not fun.
Probably the one of the reasons why those who lane-share, do so.

Half the time I am riding to some place and I am really in the mood to ride, I am debating whether to stop or keep on riding.

Old 01-30-2023, 07:10 PM

5,281 posts, read 3,074,759 times
I ride a fast Ducati, a Harley and I’m as old as dust.
Senile/dementia?
Na, I just like fun.

Everyone is different.
While I’m out shopping for a new fishing boat this next month some guys younger than me might be toting around an oxygen bottle or possibly a walker.
Sucks to be them.
Once again, one size or situation does not fit all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities