U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-29-2008, 02:05 PM
 
Location: Tennessee/Michigan
27,996 posts, read 46,366,300 times
Reputation: 19398

Advertisements

Bill Murray's wife has filed for divorce, claiming the comedy actor uses drugs, has been unfaithful, and has abandoned and physically abused her for more than 10 years, according to The Post and Courier in Charleston, S.C.

According to the paper, Jennifer Butler Murray made the allegations in a complaint filed with the court May 12. The Post Courier added that court records were subsequently sealed on Friday.

Murray Accused Of Abuse In Divorce Papers - Entertainment News Story - WSMV Nashville
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-29-2008, 08:03 PM
 
Location: Florida
6,262 posts, read 16,963,726 times
Reputation: 4690
holy smoke! that's some heavy accusations. Too bad if it's true.


Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
Bill Murray's wife has filed for divorce, claiming the comedy actor uses drugs, has been unfaithful, and has abandoned and physically abused her for more than 10 years, according to The Post and Courier in Charleston, S.C.

According to the paper, Jennifer Butler Murray made the allegations in a complaint filed with the court May 12. The Post Courier added that court records were subsequently sealed on Friday.

Murray Accused Of Abuse In Divorce Papers - Entertainment News Story - WSMV Nashville
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-30-2008, 03:25 PM
 
5,640 posts, read 16,929,451 times
Reputation: 3963
Yeah yeah - look what McCartney's wife said about him... we'll never know the true story about celebs will we?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2008, 10:15 AM
 
Location: Rochester Hills, MI
578 posts, read 2,307,089 times
Reputation: 300
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
holy smoke! that's some heavy accusations. Too bad if it's true.
You know what? its true that we will possibly NEVER know what really went on behind the closed doors of those married celebs. They got so many spin doctors, agents, P.R. folks to fix up, clean up & hide the dirt on them.

Bill Murray was a cokehead from wwaaayy back when the SNL crew OPENLY did lines & went to the Chateau Marmont, ala Belushi-style, right? So what?
Paul McCartney's wife got slammed for bringing out a bunch of his bad habits "tossed wine glasses at her" along with carousing and drinking fights, verbal abuse, shoving her. But he was SO beloved by most of the USA, Europe and WHOLE WORLD, that SHE is the one that got the dirty end of that stick. I was glad that she got those millions. She deserved it. She didn't force him to be with her. But everybody wants to 'remember how he and Saint Linda were THE #1 couple. Bah-humbug I say. To the ex wives of these abusive celeb men: GO FOR THE JUGULAR in court & hit him where it hurts, THE POCKET.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2008, 10:24 AM
 
Location: washington
21 posts, read 69,979 times
Reputation: 22
In my opinion, some "abused" (celebrity) women are crying wolf. Formally an abused wife myself, when you are TRULY being abused you just want to get out of there QUIETLY--and you leave long before a decade has passed, especially if you have the financial means to do so. It's just too easy to play the "abused" card for women today and men are too often prejudged. The abused women I have known just want to get away and avoid all the drama that these celebs seem to thrive on.

If Murray's wife was really an abused spouse then why didn't she leave him years ago? Why didn't she take the kids away from him years ago if he was sooooo evil?
I'm not buying what she's selling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2008, 12:08 PM
 
2,955 posts, read 6,629,205 times
Reputation: 1924
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrinalee View Post
The abused women I have known just want to get away and avoid all the drama that these celebs seem to thrive on.
Maybe they are crying wolf - maybe not.

The celebs seem to thrive on the drama because their private lives are plastered all over newspaper headlines.

Really, it is the gossip-hungry public who are guilty of thriving on celebrity drama - not the celebs themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2008, 01:58 PM
 
Location: Florida
6,262 posts, read 16,963,726 times
Reputation: 4690
stands and applauds this post. Been there with ya. I got out with the quickness ,in the quiet of the night ASAP.
I read the book by Heather Mills and I also saw her on several interviews. She comes off as a snotty biotch. I don't for a second believe Paul M. ever did those things to her. As for his beloved Linda- I wouldn't trash her or her name for anything. Heather took full advantage of his vulnerability at the time. I'm sure if he had his way he would still be with the love of his lfe-Linda and he probably regrets ever setting eyes on money grubbing snot Heather.



Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrinalee View Post
In my opinion, some "abused" (celebrity) women are crying wolf. Formally an abused wife myself, when you are TRULY being abused you just want to get out of there QUIETLY--and you leave long before a decade has passed, especially if you have the financial means to do so. It's just too easy to play the "abused" card for women today and men are too often prejudged. The abused women I have known just want to get away and avoid all the drama that these celebs seem to thrive on.

If Murray's wife was really an abused spouse then why didn't she leave him years ago? Why didn't she take the kids away from him years ago if he was sooooo evil?
I'm not buying what she's selling.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2008, 01:59 PM
 
Location: Florida
6,262 posts, read 16,963,726 times
Reputation: 4690
I'm speechless


Quote:
Originally Posted by HeleenieWeenie View Post
You know what? its true that we will possibly NEVER know what really went on behind the closed doors of those married celebs. They got so many spin doctors, agents, P.R. folks to fix up, clean up & hide the dirt on them.

Bill Murray was a cokehead from wwaaayy back when the SNL crew OPENLY did lines & went to the Chateau Marmont, ala Belushi-style, right? So what?
Paul McCartney's wife got slammed for bringing out a bunch of his bad habits "tossed wine glasses at her" along with carousing and drinking fights, verbal abuse, shoving her. But he was SO beloved by most of the USA, Europe and WHOLE WORLD, that SHE is the one that got the dirty end of that stick. I was glad that she got those millions. She deserved it. She didn't force him to be with her. But everybody wants to 'remember how he and Saint Linda were THE #1 couple. Bah-humbug I say. To the ex wives of these abusive celeb men: GO FOR THE JUGULAR in court & hit him where it hurts, THE POCKET.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-02-2008, 06:47 PM
 
Location: Turn Left at Greenland
17,698 posts, read 34,861,113 times
Reputation: 7940
Bill Murray seems to be a guy who would be incredibly hard to get along with. Abuse?? I don't know. He doesn't seem like the violent type, but I bet he can be a complete a-hole, cold, snarky and condescending.

Reading it on smoking gun ...

Well, she threw the matza ball out into the media ... time will tell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-07-2008, 01:27 AM
 
1,218 posts, read 3,582,943 times
Reputation: 1141
Heleenie: Yes, and McCartney's wife was totally believable, wasn't she? She was a screaming, manipulative shrew. Even the judge was non-plussed by her. True, McCartney is beloved around the world, that doesn't mean he did any of the things she said--and it doesn't mean he didn't.

Moderator cut: edit

Last edited by christina0001; 06-13-2008 at 12:07 PM.. Reason: personal attack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top