U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-14-2008, 12:05 AM
 
Location: Florida
6,262 posts, read 16,961,295 times
Reputation: 4690

Advertisements

always in threes! amazing! Such a loss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Not only did we lose Russert today, but we've had three broadcast legends pass away in one week, and two in the last two days at this writing. We lost Tim Russert, but we've also lost Jim McKay of ABC Sports last weekend, and now I've read that Charlie Jones of NBC Sports died of a heart attack Thursday. That was all this week, folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-14-2008, 12:10 AM
 
Location: Floribama
13,486 posts, read 29,434,352 times
Reputation: 11890
Thankfully he wasn't on live TV when it happened. I sometimes wonder about things like this when I see so much "live" TV lately. These things can happen to anyone at anytime.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2008, 02:26 AM
 
Location: Florida
6,262 posts, read 16,961,295 times
Reputation: 4690
Default Larry King Live tonight

LKL had so many people on tonight talking about Tim Russert. Seems like he was truly a nice man, very smart and well loved. It was a moving tribute that brought tears to my eyes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2008, 08:03 AM
 
Location: TwilightZone
5,296 posts, read 4,969,523 times
Reputation: 1031
You don't think he could have been murdered for his opinions do you? A little poison in the coffee maybe?...
After all,O'Reilly and Limbaugh still stand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2008, 10:04 AM
 
Location: Floribama
13,486 posts, read 29,434,352 times
Reputation: 11890
Quote:
Originally Posted by StuckPA View Post
You don't think he could have been murdered for his opinions do you? A little poison in the coffee maybe?...
After all,O'Reilly and Limbaugh still stand.
What opinions? Most conservatives liked him too. I'm a die hard O'Reilly fan, but I also enjoyed watching Meet The Press.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2008, 07:01 PM
 
430 posts, read 1,051,337 times
Reputation: 126
I liked his smile. I think what everyone including those who worked with him are dealing with is this denial because he happened so fast. It is like you can't get it or it isn't true. I guess they are going to have a candleight thing tonight at his home town. I do think that sometimes the news channels take something like this and start out really doing a good job. I think they may be over doing it now. I know that the news channels that NBC owns are really not saying much else, but they tend to say and show the same thing over and over. I think when they do that it takes away the meaning of what you are doing and it becomes over playing it. I like lerarning about the man but let it be something new and don't play it over and over showing the same pictures.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-14-2008, 10:19 PM
 
Location: Floribama
13,486 posts, read 29,434,352 times
Reputation: 11890
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimberly View Post
I liked his smile. I think what everyone including those who worked with him are dealing with is this denial because he happened so fast. It is like you can't get it or it isn't true. I guess they are going to have a candleight thing tonight at his home town. I do think that sometimes the news channels take something like this and start out really doing a good job. I think they may be over doing it now. I know that the news channels that NBC owns are really not saying much else, but they tend to say and show the same thing over and over. I think when they do that it takes away the meaning of what you are doing and it becomes over playing it. I like lerarning about the man but let it be something new and don't play it over and over showing the same pictures.
I agree. I think I ever learned nearly everything about his Dad since yesterday. I'm not sure why they go on and on about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2008, 12:30 AM
 
Location: Florida
6,262 posts, read 16,961,295 times
Reputation: 4690
I concur. However I think those who knew him in the media field are just still in shock and mourn his loss to such a degree that this is their way of coping. Best thing one can do if it gets too much is simply turn the channel. I had to after awhile.

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
I agree. I think I ever learned nearly everything about his Dad since yesterday. I'm not sure why they go on and on about that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-15-2008, 08:04 AM
 
1,867 posts, read 3,598,380 times
Reputation: 589
Well they made me cry a few times when they reminisced about their buddy and co-worker. Gosh what a shock for that to happen out of no where. I'm an MSNBC junkie and have been for a long time, so I"m just used to him being around commentating on the important things happening. I wasn't that into Meet the Press but I would catch snipets when the other shows had their commercials or if they had a guess that was ticking me off. But I always respected Tim R and felt he tried to be quite unbiased all the time. He seemed very middle of the road in his politics. I'll miss the poor man, poor because he should've lived longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top